You added Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #3 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Moseley, Virginia
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here late July and could not be better. Hotel ,room , staff and breakfast could not be better. We have not visited myrtle beach in a number of years , while the kids went through college and from the reviews the locations we had always stayed before were now old and rundown. First visit to the Hampton Oceanfront and will be back next year. Free breakfast is great and hotel room, king oceanfront, was perfect for our week stay. Stayed here because of reviews and right across street from Spring House Restaurant a favorite breakfast location. Never went Spring House, free breakfast at Hampton too good to pass up. Not like most, they have a different main item everyday. The bar and grill next to pool was great stop for lunch and drinks. If not for my wife's shopping sprees and my couple days of golf almost no reason to leave hotel. Only thing missing is dinner restaurant and bar in hotel, like there is not plenty places to eat. Overall we'll worth the money and could not have been happier with stay . Thank you to all the staff . See you next summer.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

As far as Hampton's go, this is pretty good, with a location right on the water. But it is a bit misleading, as there is a fenced area after the pool that separates the pool property from the City-owner / operated beach. And the grassy area before you get to the beach is an eye-sore and not maintained. If that was removed, it would provide a continuous stretch of beachfront from the water to the edge of the hotel.
Regardless, the hotel amenities are good - clean, everything works and is maintained. The entire property is extremely kid-friendly with lots of amenities around the 2 pools and lazy river. There are 2 towers to the hotel, attached to the main registration area, and therefore has 2 separate eating areas. Typical Hampton breakfast of cereal, "egg-like" products, and pastries, breads, yogurts, and fruit. Can be extremely crowded and tables not cleaned as often as they should be. And typical Hampton features - small gym, slow elevators, with underground parking, but outside areas are dated and could use some updating. The surrounding area is a bit run down and not the most attractive buildings - again, mostly run-down and a bit dilapidated. Only a couple of restaurants (pizza, sandwich, ice-cream) within short walking distance (nothing in the hotel) and really need a car to drive to many restaurants and amusement parks in the area. If you have a lot of kids and are on a budget, could be right for you. But for couples looking for some R&R, maybe other places (or hotels) would be a better fit.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Ross L, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for staying at our Hampton Inn & Suites Oceanfront Resort and for your comments. I am sorry that you didn't think that our Hampton was luxurious enough. Our goal was to duplicate the design and ambiance of a class South Carolina beach house with a Cape Cod flavor. The Carolina beach houses were often referred to as "arrogantly shabby" because they had pine floors and most did not have air conditioning. We stuck with the pine floors, but we did add air conditioning and a large dose of southern hospitality. You can find more luxurious places in Myrtle Beach, but you won't find one where the staff is more hospitable.

As to the "sea oats" between the pools and the beach, I agree with you. They are unsightly. However, they are placed there intentionally to prevent erosion from hurricanes and occasional "noreasters." We own the property, but federal law prohibits us from touching anything in that zone. We had to get a special permit to build the dune crossover to the beach over the area.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Buddy Lindsay, Co-Owner
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Let me start by thanking the AGM. She is a very helpful person. Not only she was able to accommodate me and my family by letting us stay one more night but also over the phone she sounded like a very sweet lady. I want to thank her for the her help. The only thing that i did not like about this beautiful property was the front desk agent that checked me in. All she did was give me the keys to the room guide me to the elevator. She was not friendly or wanting to help me, maybe because i am an employee just like her. Just wanted to let her know to me whether u pay $20 to $200 you will be treated the same way. Besides that little situation i had a great stay. My kids loved the hotel and my friends that came to visit me from Florida and Georgia will stay there on there next trip.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I come here ever year and I am never disappointed. I have never seen a cleaner hotel (and believe me I have seen a lot of hotels here) When I come down to Myrtle Beach each year, I spend time visiting other hotels and resorts to see if there are any others out there like this one. Believe me, there are very few that stand up to the commitment of excellence and cleanliness, and most of all, the respect I am given at every turn. Long winded stories are not my forte, so I will get to the point. The rooms are very clean and gorgeous with pillow top fluffy duvet beds that are so comfortable I am out like a light haha and I have a bad back and if you have one too, this bed is for you! Each standard room has a HUGE TV with an on screen tv guide and lots of channels including AMC HBO1 HBO2 BRAVO ESPN fridge microwave coffee pot desk and chair easy chair with ottoman 2 rocking chairs on the balcony so so nice in room safe at no charge loads of drawers to put things away in iron ironing board luggage rack nice cotton blanket plenty of hangers 4 lamps alarm clock with beachy sounds to put you to sleep by the bed plug and cable outlets beautiful décor 2 full sized mirrors lots of towels and Neutrogena amenities really nice! lots of free things at your command breakfast is very nice coffee strong early 6am to 10am free ride to the airport really nice staff (which is really the most important thing don't you think?) many pools for every person little ones for small children, hot tubs for adults that are really hot and the jets, oh the jets (remember my back? pain gone thank you! lazy rivers with big tubes to get in (now that is funny if you are watching me try that ha) regular big pools and they are all so so clean plus a mini water park for small children also a small concession by the pool for drinks and sandwhiches parking galore and its covered parking nice and the best part are the people you meet here, the best people stay here from all over the world and their reviews reflect that, a lot of folks stay here for the entire winter at a monthly rate check that out! take a look at my pictures as they are taken by me today and I am by no means a professional photographer but wow I think these pictures say it all don't you? Its the beach here that draws me back which is pristine lots of little waves to enjoy surfer dudes out there all the time shells and sharks teeth to find, fishing right off the beach as well places to explore and fun shows to go to that include dinner pirates gladiators kings and queens horses birds seals parrots you name it! I believe this is the longest review I have ever written! Enjoy your stay here you will NOT be disappointed...you will be happy as a clam! Happy Travels!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Germantown, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I booked this hotel for my girls and I last week for our first trip to myrtle beach after reading the positive reviews. I must say the reviews are true for the most part very clean hotel, so many pools to choose from in the hotel alone and I ofcourse loved the beach bar!! the staff was very pleasant I never made it up early enough for the free breakfast but I could smell it :) Perfect view of the beach and literally we hit the pool floor and walked right out to the ocean!! Its not on the boardwalk but with kids that was a plus b/c it was too loud and too many drunks stumbling around; it was very quiet never heard a peep from other rooms but the staff was also very friendly and offered great advice since this was my first trip to myrtle beach

Room Tip: idk i was on the 14th floor on the southside i guess i lucked out it was quiet beautiful views
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

This Hampton was very much like the others nice, with a few extras, pools and spa, and an exceptional location on the beach. However, you do pay for the view/location. At these busier locations it's not unusual to find the staff a little stressed, they were nice, but appeared tired for the most part. That said, the front desk attendant the evening we checked in was delightful and one of the ladies keeping up the breakfast bar went out of her way to see that we were happy (wish I would have caught her name). The workout room showed signs of wear and only 1 treadmill was working, but the view was nice. We had a wonderful time and loved being able to walk out the door and on to the beach.

Room Tip: Be careful as to the terminology used (not just this hotel) if you want "ocean front" don...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Advance, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

My favorite place to stay when visiting Myrtle Beach. A bit pricey, but you get what you pay for. The owner is to be praised for allowing church service every Sunday morning in the lobby. Rick and David did a awesome job teaching the word. Staff is always helpful and friendly. Rooms are very comfy and clean. Fresh, hot coffee 24/7. The breakfast is nice with plenty of variety. Highly recommend this beautiful oceanfront Hampton Inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in 1468 and absolutely loved this 2 bedroom suite with beautiful ocean views.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!