First the positive news: the late afternoon and evening front desk team were very courteous and helpful with dinner recommendations and helping me to find an excellent place to get a manicure and pedicure because the on site spa was already closed. I had never been to Myrtle Beach and thought the beach access and pools were great. Now the negatives: I was so excited to book this trip through Hilton Grand Vacation Club for my birthday weekend only to be sorely disappointed by both the room and the initial service upon arrival. After waiting at the airport 30-40 minutes for the free shuttle (the airport is barely 10 minutes from the hotel), I was told I wouldn't be able to check in for another 3-4 hours. I shared that I had been traveling all morning and wanted to get settled so I could begin enjoying my special day. In a hotel this large, I cannot believe that not one room is cleaned and ready for checking by 1/1:30pm. Finally,the front desk found a room and I expressed my appreciation for the stafflooking to serif a room was available instead of just telling me that check in was at a certain time. I thought I hit the jackpot when I saw that I was on one of the top floors, that is until I opened the door and saw my ocean "view": the beach clothes drying on the balcony across from me in the other tower. It is so uncomfortably close that the only way to spend any time in your room with any modicum of privacy is to keep the heavy curtains closed. There aren't even any sheer curtains to allow some light in. I called Hilton grand vacations to complain. They told me they would investigate the possibility of getting me into either another room or into another Hilton property nearby and would call me back. They finally called back about 4 hours later and only after 2 emails to my Hilton Honors contact. When the supervisor did call, it was only to tell me that all of the Hilton properties were booked and she could give me some points. When I asked to speak to a manager to see if that really was the best they could do, I was told the manager would call me. I finally ventured out for dinner and to see the town. I returned to the hotel about 5 hours later and still had not heard back from the manager. The front desk person on this shift told me that these rooms that face the other tower are the only rooms that Hilton Grand Vacations is allowed to book at this property. I wish Hilton Grand had said something earlier so that I could have made an informed decision to choose another property. i just didn't appreciate being strung along all day as if some accommodation was going to be made when all along Hilton grand knew it had no intention of attempting to make any effort at customer service were it not for my persistent follow up. This is not at all how I envisioned spending my birthday weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently acquired 150 more feet of oceanfront property, so we now have 450 feet of contiguous beach frontage. Since we have only 227 rooms and suites, the beach in front of our Hampton Inn & Suites is never crowded even during peak season. We have recently added: The Sanctuary Spa located in the South Tower, additional restrooms on the pool level, and in accordance with federal regulations (FEMA), our heated pools and hot tubs are now completely enclosed from December 1 until April 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn