“Family Vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

You added Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #3 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Corning, United States
“Family Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Facility is very nice, staff is helpful and friendly. Location is on the quiet end of Myrtle Beach and the beach wasn't crowded. Would definitely stay here again. We stayed at the facility for seven nights over the July 4th holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (379)
Antioch, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our stay here was fantastic! I am VERY picky about the cleanliness of hotel rooms, but there was nothing to worry about here as far as that was concerned. The room was spotless! The kids enjoyed the second bedroom with a queen and bunk beds, while my husband and I enjoyed our room with a king bed. The white linens on the beds were crisp and fresh. Although it was a little pricey to stay here, if you desire a TRULY CLEAN ROOM that feels like home away from home, this is the hotel for you. Because this hotel is on the beach, we would walk out to enjoy the ocean whenever we felt like it. Every time we returned to our room from an outing, the first thing we did was open the sliding doors to the balcony off the living room AND the sliding doors in our room (no sliding doors in kids' room) so we could enjoy hearing the waves, feeling the ocean breeze blowing in our suite, and just looking out at the beautiful Atlantic Ocean! We will stay here again for sure! Also, the breakfast served every morning was delicious-plenty,of options (making the waffles was my favorite). Last plus about this hotel was the spa-like shower. I took three showers a day!

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

All of the positive reviews of this hotel are completely true. The hotel is wonderful. It is beautiful, and the staff is very friendly and courteous. The suites are large and comfortable. The pool area is outstanding and very clean. Great place for families. Frankly, I think it is the nicest hotel overall at Myrtle Beach.

But don't go there during the early part of July if you expect to get any sleep at all. Fireworks are legal in SC, and people are shooting them off on the beach at all hours of the night. The police don't really care, and apparently the hotels are powerless to do anything either.

We stayed from July 6-12 and people were shooting off fireworks every single night.

This was our third stay, and we will definitely come again, but it will not be in early July.

Also, do not come during Bike Week. I'm not sure when that is, but thousands of bikers descend upon Myrtle Beach for that week. Our lifeguard told me that 864 people were arrested that week! Many bikers (probably drunk) had accidents with their bikes and 6 of them died. There was even a dead body found in the surf one morning. So definitely avoid Bike Week.

Room Tip: I prefer the North Tower. It is newer and more updated.
MacMan34
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My family and I decided to take a weekend away and head down from middle of nowhere NC to Myrtle Beach. We found a room at the Hampton Inn Oceanfront and had hig expectations based on the reviews I found online. I have to say, everything I read was true. The hotel is very well kept up, the pools are plentiful, and beach access is great. My kids loved that the room was OCEAN FRONT, not OCEAN VIEW like they are used to when we go down there. The only complaint was one I had seen online and forgot to prepare for. We were in the old tower, which means connecting doors on both sides of our room into the rooms on either side of us. This posed a noise problem for us a couple of times, and one evening a massive puddle appeared in our foyer. I was concerned our mini fridge had suffered a massive blowout of some kind, but then i realized the water was coming UNDER the connecting door. Hoping it was just water spilled by the neighbors somehow I just sopped it up with a few towels and left them there to head off the issue reappearing. It didnt happen again and was only a minor inconvenience.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Morristown, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The Hampton Inn and Suites was clean and right on the beach. It was nice to see the ocean but I would have preferred to have gotten a good night's sleep, a little more room to move around and I won't go into details on the breakfast (eat the fruit, yogurt or go out)..? My biggest complaint is that I reserved the room online (using hilton honor reward points and cash) and I didn't receive the room type I reserved. As a Hilton Grand Vacation Club member and Gold HIlton Honors (for over 15 years); I've spent alot of money and time on Hilton properties, in several states, but I may switch my loyalty to Marriot or Wyndham. I thought they would have tried to 'fix' the situation (even if it meant moving to a different Hilton property - no it wasn't a holiday weekend). I was basically told 'sorry' we're practically full and there's nothing we can do about it, but I was welcome to check out and go elsewhere (before 11 AM) the next morning. But this is not the 2 queen size beds that I reserved, I have a copy of the reservation. Nothing. i tried calling the Hilton 1800 number but they were having phone and computer issues...I waited 10 to 15 minutes to talk to someone and yes, there was availability at other Hilton properties, then there wasn't and I could see availability on line but after 45 minutes I told them to forget it. So I spent several vacation days, points, and money to be frustrated. Just about the worst Hilton experience I've had or want to have....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Boyds, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I was on the very top floor (14th because there wasn't a 13th) in the South building. The South side had 2 elevators whereas the North side had 3. The hotel was very busy and after waiting 10 minutes for an elevator, my sister decided she would just climb the stairs to the top of the building. The hotel's private beach area is very convenient and I loved the outdoor pools. The view from the balcony in our room was breathtaking and the service was great. Overall, this hotel was modern, clean, and just easy to live in. Only a short distance from the boardwalk and other attractions with easy parking, I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach.

Room Tip: The higher up you live, the better the view!
Lenoir City, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Love the King suite on the 3rd floor over looking the ocean! As soon as we walked in the cleanliness was noticed right off hand.
Super friendly staff. Pools were clean. Nice & relaxing - great place for a weekend get away.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!