“Excellent vacation- June 6th - 14th” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1801 South Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points
Ranked #2 of 215 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Excellent vacation- June 6th - 14th”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We just got back from 8 days in Myrtle Beach and stayed in the Hampton Inn Oceanfront. It really was a terrific vacation. Unlike most beach goers, I wanted rest, quiet and relaxation. I found it all there, with ocean view. The location is great! It is on the Grand Strand on Ocean Blvd, but just a little down the street from all of the hectic busyness. The ocean view rooms while not large were very comfortable and clean thanks to Rhoda our daily room attendant, who left us great friendly messages. The staff is great, friendly, helpful and really added to our sense of comfort.

Free WIFI is a plus and breakfast was helpful and meant that we stayed in longer. The free parking was covered and attached to the hotel, and we needed our key to get into the building which I liked as a great safety feature.

While there was no restaurant on site, several options were close by and of course delivery always works.

What really impressed me was the owners Christian belief which was evident but not "in your face". While there we were so excited that our family would also enjoy the space so we are planning our family reunion for next year at Hampton Inn Ocean front.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great ocean views and we left our door and curtains opened to get the full view a...

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Nashville TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We selected this hotel based on the many good Tripadvisor reviews. I'm a Hilton
Honors member and travel often on business so am familiar with Hampton Inns. I booked on the hotel's website, selected the King Oceanfront suite and prepaid, getting a nominal discount on the room. Big mistake! When we checked in on Sunday evening, we were given a suite on a lower floor. I asked for a higher floor and was told there weren't any available. When we went to our room, the view was of the pool area and the vacant lot next door. I went back to the front desk and was told that they could not move us, that there were no other rooms available for then entire length of our stay (Sun -Thurs) in this enormous two tower hotel. I'm told by others in the industry that it is common practice to palm off less desirable rooms on those that pre-pay - but this was pretty blatant. I believe the hotel should disclose the terms on their website.

Other than this, the hotel was clean, has a nice pool area and a decent spa - typical Hampton Inn breakfast.

Room Tip: I would not choose a king suite at all - oceanfront rooms are probably pleasant, but would definitel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
rosslindsa, Owner at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you were not pleased with the view from your one bedroom suite. We have 12 room types, and the one bedroom suite is our largest and most popular accommodation. We only have 16 of the one bedroom suites out of 227 rooms, and all of them are located on the lower floors, so it would have been impossible to move you to a higher floor if even it weren't peak season. Please come again and request a two bedroom two bath suite or a regular king room. These are located on the 5th to the 14th floors. Also, we plan to start construction on a third tower soon, and it will have one bedroom suites on the upper floors. We listen to your feedback! Buddy Lindsay Co-Owner
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Let me start off my first of all saying that Hampton Inns are in my opinion the best hotels in quality and service of any hotel that I have stayed at. The staff are very friendly and professional and the rooms are clean and comfortable.

The Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort in Myrtle Beach most diffinitly follows the high standards. One of this hotels big pluses are the parking garage which you enter from the street in front but attached to the hotel. This to me was not only a great conveince, it also gave me peace of mind that my brand new Chrysler Town and Country Limited mini van was safe from the weather and potential break in.

I have never been disappointed by this hotel chain and I am very glad to say that this remain true after this stay. I would stay with them again if I get back to this area.

Room Tip: Come and have fun !!!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We recently returned from our stay at this hotel. I was very impressed with this property. The oceanfront view was great. The rooms are not large but a decent size. Plus when you travel to the beach for a vacation, hopefully you are not spending the majority of your time in the room.

The free Wi-Fi and breakfast were nice and greatly appreciated. In addition, the free parking was a huge plus. If I had to suggest any room for improvements (and these are minor) they would be: (1) the property needs more elevators. The wait can be pretty long between floors; and (2) an onsite restaurant would have been nice. You pretty much have to get in the car to get a meal.

Overall this is a great property and a good value.

Hickory, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

Typical tired motel in the Myrtle Beach area. Stayed in penthouse suite. Bathrooms not up to par, kitchen area also tired. Living space cramped. Not worth the price paid. Elevators slow. We stayed in the south tower and it seemed to be more dated than the north tower. Breakfast was complimentary and was poor quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Gorm123, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
We appreciate your honest feedback and are sorry that your stay with us was disappointing. We pride ourselves in being number one in the area and pride ourselves in our service and offerings. Your comments will ensure we're doing our best to serve every guest and we hope you'll give us another chance.
Wilkesboro, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I travel a great deal and this place was is now among my favorites. Well run property with friendly staff and great amenities. Would be very happy here on a business or family visit. The combo beach and pool access area was very nice, with snack bar and bathrooms easily accessible. Lots of nice sitting areas where you can enjoy the ocean.

Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This was our first trip to Myrtle Beach. The Hampton was conveniently located, the pools and beach were great and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Comfy beds and nice rooms. The oceanfront was worth the money. Definitely recommend. This is my go to place to stay from now on in Myrtle Beach.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!