Like many other reviewers, I can say this hotel is absolutely wonderful and many notches above your typical Hampton Inn. I noticed however, not many reviewers commented on the swimming pools during off season and the safety of the neighborhood which is important if you have little ones. We went in mid-March, during the Canadian (Ontario) Mark Break.
First the swimming pools........
There are 5 outdoor pools (consisting of 2 small lazy rivers, 2 pools, and 1 fair size kiddie wading pool) which are unheated and too cold to swim in mid-March. They were basically unused. There are 4 indoor pools (2 pools and 2 hot tubs) that are nicely heated for use in mid-March. The indoor pools are heated to 88F which is nice and warm especially for little kids (compared to regular indoor pools in community centers which are typically heated to 84-85F which is slightly on the cool side). For the most part, the pools are 3' deep with the deepest part at 4' which makes them ideal for little kids. One of the indoor pools (and one of the outdoor pools) also has a motorized crane seat for handicap use. In the summer season, the glass walls that surrounds the indoor pools open up creating a nice airy feeling. The only bad thing is that there are no change rooms in the pool area so you walk up wet to your room to get change. Oddly enough, the indoor pools are not busy during the mid-March off-season. My kids love to swim and we often went in the mornings, afternoons, and evenings and the indoor pools were never crowded. It was most busy in the evenings, but even then there was hardly any people.
Now for the safety............
The south end of Myrtle Beach where this hotel is located is definitely not as nice as the north end of Myrtle Beach in that there are many more low end hotels in the area. Despite this, it does not seem like a dangerous place. However, the road outside the hotel (South Ocean Blvd) seems devoid of pedestrians as Myrtle Beach is car city and not a walking city. In fact, this hotel is not situated in a convenient place if you don't have a car. There are restaurants and shops within walking distance, but most of it is a large block north (perhaps a 10 minute walk) and unfortunately that path (a side road) is quite desolate other than the occasional car that drives by. I don't think I would feel safe walking that path at night as it is so quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently acquired 150 more feet of oceanfront property, so we now have 450 feet of contiguous beach frontage. Since we have only 227 rooms and suites, the beach in front of our Hampton Inn & Suites is never crowded even during peak season. We have recently added: The Sanctuary Spa located in the South Tower, additional restrooms on the pool level, and in accordance with federal regulations (FEMA), our heated pools and hot tubs are now completely enclosed from December 1 until April 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn