Myrtle beach is a nice small town on the Atlantic coast in south carolina Most people here seem to be retirees and some college kids on spring break. Here on business though. The hotel has it's good points and bad points so my average rating. The new tower has better electronics than the old tower. This hotel has two towers. My colleagues room looked outdated and was in the old tower. No fancy gadgets in his room.The lobby area has alot of wood. Reminds me old coffee days in wyoming looking out at the ranch but here it is the beach. Nice lobby chairs and seating. Something you would not expect at a typical hampton inn. You can relax in the lobby if you get time and have free coffee or tea. Good stuff. The business center is randomly shut down without prior notice on the website or via email to customers which is a bit annoying if you planned to not bring your laptop and use the business center and printer. But they try to accomidate you for boarding pass printing and stuff like that. But the staff at the front desk really destroyed the experience. When nobody is waiting and I asked one front desk staffer to print he made a big deal out of it. What the hell am I supposed to do when your business center is closed and i want to print my boarding pass. And you are acting like I am a burden on your time. The reception desk has at least 2 to 3 computers and if nobody is line why not be nice to the customer and be helpful. The breakfast at the hotel is a hit or miss. If you are looking for a very basic basic meal. Mostly carbs and pretty same every day. Very bland. But with a hampton inn you cannot expect much. This is not five star but you would think with a top rating on trip advisor for the whole city the hotel would try to have some more healthy and balanced breakfast options or at least change the menu every few days. You can expect some potatoes, eggs, bread, cereal, juice, milk, water and tiny waffles and oatmeal. Which if your are staying for a longer time frame can get a bit boring and unhealthy.
The beach is located right infront of the hotel. It is a road called ocean street or something where all the beach front hotels in this town are. So you just walk out of the hotel and onto the beach which is nice as far as location and venue goes. Over all the staff is hit or miss. A lady called ginny was very helpful, gracious and friendly, she was at the front desk. A black lady at the front desk was kind of not very friendly and nervous all the time. Any time you asked her for anything she would not make a decision and say i will ask my manager and get back to you.but she would never get back to you. Very tentative, but not bad. A front desk staffer called andrew was the worst. This guy was really horrible. Very disrespectful and mean spirited and very very bad with customer service. I read another review on here and it is very accurate. He would give us every reason as to why something could not be done rather than solve problems. We called him mr. NO by the end of the trip. It is best to avoid him if you want anything. Unless he is related to management i do not get it why would you have him on payroll. The rooms are spacious in the new tower. The balcony views are good and it is a nice day outside you can really enjoy sitting in the balcony and watch the ocean. The towels near the pool exit/entrance area need to be stocked more frequently. Some times we could go and this big huge area right next to the door which was supposed to have at least 40 towels going by the space , we would see like one or two. Also the housekeeping staff need to be told that when a few customers are in the elevator, not to come in with the huge housekeeping cart but wait for the next available elevator. What is the hurry shees. So the hotel has its up and downs. So my average rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have recently acquired 150 more feet of oceanfront property, so we now have 450 feet of contiguous beach frontage. Since we have only 227 rooms and suites, the beach in front of our Hampton Inn & Suites is never crowded even during peak season. We have recently added: The Sanctuary Spa located in the South Tower, additional restrooms on the pool level, and in accordance with federal regulations (FEMA), our heated pools and hot tubs are now completely enclosed from December 1 until April 1. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Hampton Inn And Suites Myrtle Beach / Oceanfront
- Hampton Inn Myrtle Beach Sc
- Myrtle Beach Hampton Inn