“Relaxing family resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #2 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Manhasset, New York
“Relaxing family resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for a week in the first week of July...it was a wonderful time.
The Pros:
1. Extremely well soundproofed rooms provided a great night of sleep, never heard the neighbors once! This is something very important to me, so I was pleasantly surprised, most quiet large resort I've ever stayed at
2. We staying in the 14th floor Penthouse Suite which had 2 very large bedrooms with indivdual bathrooms, when traveling with my kids that was great! Not to mention 3 flat screen TV's.
3. Superb views from both balconies!
4. Pool area was delightful and very clean.
5. Having a "tiki bar" at the pool was great, inexpensive drinks was a nice touch poolside, staff in the bar were very friendly
6. Covered parking which was free was good to have
The Cons
1. Breakfast selection and quality was NOT on par to MANY other Hampton Inn's I've stayed at which is the only reason I did not give this resort 5 stars.
2. Resort itself is beautiful, but immediate location around resort is so-so. but that did not ruin our experience

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

1,412 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
Dripping Springs, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My wife and I decided that we wanted to go to the beach, and we had never been to Myrlte Beach before. So we planned a trip and were looking for a place to stay. We usually stay at Hampton Inns when we travel, so I investigated and found the Hampton Inn Oceanside. The reviews were great so I made the arrangements. We had a one bedroom oceanfront suite. The suite had a bedroom, bath, living room and kitchen with a balcony overlooing the beach. The hotel is immaculate, the staff is wonderful and the owners do a wonderful job. The hotel has two breakfast areas and serves a wonderful breakfast with plenty of choices and lots of room to eat and relax. The price for our stay was reasonable for the accomodations. The hotel has five swimming pools, including two lazy river pools, a great kiddie pool and big pool outside and another pool in the shade under the hotel overhang, if you wanted to swim out of the sun. This whole complex is a short walkway from the beach. Myrtle Beach has lots of great things to do. All in all, I would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great vacation in Myrtle Beach

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Flatwoods, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is a favorite hotel for us, and was our 2nd visit there. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 star is for value. We have stayed there once when it was much cheaper (March we got a last minute deal) and of course that made us love it more during our initial visit. However, this past visit in late May/early June was $209 per night for a regular hotel sized room. It was very clean and the hotel is very nice. Breakfast was okay, lobby atmosphere fantastic, beds comfort okay. Location to the beach was good. But although that price was not bad, we felt like for the same price we could had found something much roomier for our teenage daughter. She complained about the lack of space. Overall it was a very good stay.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is where the fitness center is located.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

Took my wife and daughter for a quiet family getaway. Very impressed with the location, cleanliness, proximity to beach and staff. My only gripe was the price but it truly was well worth it. Definitely will visit again next time were in MB

• Stayed June 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We had planned on staying for 2 nights, but that changed after we walked into our room. He had a oceanfront room on the fifth floor. We went straight down to the lobby and added a 3rd night. We had a 2 queen bed room. The room was huge, very clean, and had a great view. The bed was killer comfortable, and we slept like babies. Breakfast was great. The pool and grounds are very well kept and clean. Our 8 year old daughter was trading notes with room hostess during the stay. The entire staff that we had come across was very friendly and always smiling. Only complaint was all the brats hogging the tubes on the lazy rivers(they were using 2 and 3 tubes each). They Have a kids program here which was a surprise and a treat. Our kids hung out with others in the pools and playing WII. The one night they had a 4 hour pizza & movie party for the kids which gave us some free time to play. The kids also each got Grouper Club T-shirts. Parking was free and covered. We had a great time and would highly recommend staying here. We're already planning a stay for next summer there.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I trusted all of the positive reviews posted here and gave this hotel a try! Fellow Trip Advisor members did not let me down -- it was FANTASTIC! I went with my husband, 3 year old and 5 month old daughters for a long, three-day weekend over Labor Day last year. Parking and getting to our room with our daughters (one an infant, mind you) was a breeze. We made sure to park on the parking deck that corresponded with our floor and there was a door conveniently located, which took us down a short hallway to our room. It was easy to get our stroller in-and-out. The hallways and floor were pretty quiet in the evenings. We did not have issues with excessive noise or the all-too-familiar door slamming. We had a two Queen bed room (oceanfront, which I highly recommend springing for!) and the room was a bit tight for all four of us. However, babies do require a lot of gear, so it may not be as much of an issue for others. We just made to sure to unpack and put things away and that kept the room much cleaner and organized for all of us. There was plenty of space in the bathroom and there were no issues with water pressure, temp, etc. Everything was very, very clean. Housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping our room tidied up every day. My daughter's stuffed animals were organized along her bed for her one afternoon -- which she loved. There was a microwave and refrigerator in the room which worked great. We were able to prepare sandwiches in there to take down to the pool with us for lunch time so we didn't have to load everyone up, get the car out and go out into town.

Breakfast was plentiful and not too crowded. There are two separate breakfast rooms, so it appeared, at least to me, that there was plenty of room for everyone. Everyone we encountered -- guests included -- were patient and polite. The decor and layout of the lobby and breakfast areas is very nice and soothing. Very much how you would want it to feel at an oceanfront property! Cookies are served warm in the lobby in the afternoons -- highly recommend! We did not use any of the spa services, so I can't comment on those.

My daughter loved the lazy river, so we spent the majority of our time in it, but there was also a great kiddie pool with water cannon guns and 'mushroom' waterfalls that she enjoyed as well. There was plenty of seating when we went at Labor Day and the pools were not overcrowded at that time. The water temperature was great, too! All of the guests were very polite and respectful of others. The gentleman who ran the snack trailer was very friendly and talked to my husband in length about being in the Marine Corps, etc. (Speaking of, this property offered a very nice military discount on the room. I hope it is available for this year as well!). The pools were easily accessible, but you do need your key to get in, which I appreciated as it cuts down on the riff-raff. There were people outside playing corn hole and, if I recall correctly, there were hammocks to laze about in the grassy area as well.

Overall, we had a wonderful trip and we hope to go back again this year for Labor Day. However, if the military discount is not made available, I am not sure that it will fit in our budget. This hotel is quite expensive, but in this case, I feel like you do get what you pay for. It's clean; there are no worries of bed bugs; the staff and guests are polite; the amenities are plentiful and it's conveniently located. This is definitely our go-to hotel in Myrtle Beach!

Room Tip: If you are traveling with children who are either infants in strollers or not walking, request a roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Huntersvile
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I spent two nights with my wife, ,our teenage daughter and two of her friends. The two room suite was great with a queen bed and bunk beds in one room and a king in the other. There was a pull out sofa, so there was more speeping spaces than we needed. Customer service was good with all of the hotel employees going out of their way to be friendly. The only small negatives were slow elevators (we were in the south towth, I heard the north tower was newer with quicker elevators) and not much within walking distance. Even with these small negatives, we would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!