We got a great rate for the Myrtle Beach Marathon. We ended up getting two separate bedrooms each with its own bathroom, plus the living area and kitchen, for what we'd pay for a regular room at a Hampton Inn. The rate included a full buffet breakfast, with sausage or bacon, eggs, waffles, and all the other standards. Their fresh fruit was actually freshly cut, not just out of a can like at some other "suite" hotels.
The neighborhood was nearly devoid of other active businesses, so that was a bit odd. Restaurants and other businesses were a 5-10-minute car ride away. Our room overlooked a virtual ghost town, the parking lot of the outlet mall and Medieval Times, which filled up on Saturday night. However, we never felt unsafe, and the property was top-notch in facilities, staff, cleanliness, and room amenities. The lounge/breakfast area had ample seating and 24-hour coffee/hot water for tea/cocoa. Elevators were clean, quick and reliable, and the room was clean and had no noticeable odor, something my allergic nose appreciated. Sometimes even cleaners or air fresheners make hotel stays unbearable. Our phones picked up 4G signal as we sat on the sofa with all the curtains closed, and the signal from a personal Wifi device was great, too.
I liked the property so much that immediately upon unpacking my bags I signed up for their frequent traveler program. I have since searched for this property online at other planned race locations, and have been disappointed not to find many. I'm hoping this company will continue to grow and maintain its excellent quality.
Although there were a couple of dogs in residence on our floor (evidenced by the paw magnets on the door frames), we were never bothered by barking or odors. The hotel was nearly full, but our room was quiet and we had no problems whatsoever. The only thing that was noisy was the AC, which I assume was a heat pump trying its best in freezing temperatures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach. Smell the salty Myrtle Beach air from hotel's location. Ocean waves and cool breezes await you at the Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach. Guests are within reach of everything this popular resort town has to offer. The laid-back lifestyle melts your stress away and you can take delight in the Myrtle Beach vibe. The hotel is an all suite property with oversized guest rooms including full kitchens, complimentary daily hot and cold breakfast is served daily, and evening cocktails are served several nights each week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, HotelsClick, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach - Fantasy Harbour Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Staybridge Suites