We booked Staybridge Suites for a spur of the moment getaway before back to school. Our dilemas included traveling with 4 adults and 2 children, 2 night stay, last minute booking, and budget restrictions. I did a lot of research prior to booking and overall was happy with the hotel. The front desk staff were always very gracious and helpful. If you take your cooler down to them, they will fill it with ice (no ice machines on the floors). The 2 bedroom suite was very nice to have with 6 people, for the price, the size of the room could not be beaten. Kitchen was great, and who wouldn't want 2 bathrooms? The room could have been cleaner, but it wasn't nasty. We had a couple of lights that were out and a broken door handle. The front desk did take care of the issues immediately once we advised them. Our beds didn't have blankets, I didn't ask for any, but thought that was weird. Each bed had 2 sheets, we just set the thermostat to a higher temperature. Overall, they were comfortable. Free breakfast was OK, it's not very fair to complain about free, but was extremely crowded the days we were there. They also had a hours d vours/cocktail hour on the weeknights (not weekends) that included appetizers and free beer/wine (also very crowded). Free laundry was nice to have, but there were machines that were out of order. The pool area was nice we did enjoy spending time outside. The location is not good if you are planning to vacation at the beach. You have to drive everywhere (except for Medieval Times, which is right behind the hotel). So if you want to see the sunrise at the ocean, you have to load up and drive to the beach, find and pay for parking etc. We did find a few places to park that were free (up at 34th and Ocean Dr), but there you are very far from the boardwalk and other activities. If planning to go back to the beach, I would book something closer to the ocean (at least walking distance). This hotel worked for our short trip given the cost for the size of the room. For what we paid to stay here we could have booked a much smaller room on the ocean that would not have been comfortable for our family. It was weighing the options and size/budget won over location this time.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach - Fantasy Harbour Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach - Fantasy Harbour Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Staybridge Suites
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach. Smell the salty Myrtle Beach air from hotel's location. Ocean waves and cool breezes await you at the Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach. Guests are within reach of everything this popular resort town has to offer. The laid-back lifestyle melts your stress away and you can take delight in the Myrtle Beach vibe. The hotel is an all suite property with oversized guest rooms including full kitchens, complimentary daily hot and cold breakfast is served daily, and evening cocktails are served several nights each week. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.