“Really surprised at how nice this place was.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Fantasy Harbour Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579   |
Ranked #55 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Really surprised at how nice this place was.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 via mobile

Found this place on kayak last minute for a two night stay in myrtle beach. Only reason I picked it was because of price and reviews based on other hotels in the area. When I got there I was very surprised to find that my room was a suite with a seperate bedroom from the living room and kitchen. The kitchen has all the dishes you would need plus a dishwasher. I really can't say enough about this hotel and would definitely reccomend it to anyone and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Winterville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel cancelled my reservations after I got a confirmation e-mail and they DID NOT CARE that my reservations had been cancelled. I was traveling with an infant and explained to the front desk associate that I was in desperate need for a place to say. She called a hotel next door and told me that were booked and she was “sorry” and would not let me speak to a manager. I am not from the Myrtle Beach area and I explained that, however, she did not bother trying to help me any further with finding a place to stay for me and my baby. I ended up having to find my own place to say at another hotel at a premium rate. I guess this is what customer service has come down to. DO NOT STAY HERE if you want good customer service. I have called the General Manager twice and he will not return by call.

Room Tip: Just don't do it! Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Shaunda

Let me start by saying thank you for helping others understand the importance of using a valid credit card. Your reservation was made using an invalid credit card and unfortunately the card would not authorize for the guarantee. Because you didn’t provide a phone number we could not get in contact with you. The agent on duty when you arrived had just helped another guest located a room and already knew who had room and didn’t. The hotel she called while you were here had rooms before but didn’t when she called back. A manger was requested to talk to and I spoke to your friend several times about this issue. Like other comments on Tripadvisor our customer service is “outstanding” as a guest quoted. We hope to have the chance to accomidate your needs when in Myrtle Beach next time.
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I chose to stay here for over 2 months while we were waiting to purchase a home. Our 1 bedroom suite was comfortable, clean, and well appointed. The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home. The breakfasts were awesome, and the complimentary laundry room was very helpful! We enjoyed the manager's reception, the pool area, and the fitness room. I would not hesitate to have our friends stay there while in Myrtle Beach - it had a great location and was near the attractions we loved.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the beautiful courtyard
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orlando
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Beware. Room was actually ok. Area is quite suspect and dark at night. Next to a defunct amusement park. Front desk closes at 10 pm and they lock the door. You have to call security to check you in. Unfortunately they didn't answer the phone and I had to bang on the door. He then coped an attitude. Great first impression. Also has loud window a/c units.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Floridagator

Thank you for staying with us and I am glad your room met your needs and expectations. Unfortunately the amusement park next door is closed but there is talk of new owners. For our guests safety and security all door are locked for non guests to enter. The last thing we want is someone going door to door selling items to our guests. Certain times we do lock the front doors, again to prevent anyone without key access to enter. Our front desk staff at times has to respond to guests needs, like extra towels, blankets, etc. as the sign states they will return soon. I am not sure about the A/C window unit you made mention as all rooms have individual units with thermostats for your comfort. Thanks again and we look forward to your next stay.
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Couldn't fault the rooms - Great breakfast. Not a lot in the local area since the theme park closed so would have liked a bar for the evenings but all in all a safe bet for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Room was enormous with kitchen, bed was comfy, better than most breakfast with sausage, eggs, waffles, gravy and biscuit, etc. Everything was clean and newer. Pool and hot tub was great in courtyard of hotel. Just wish they had poolside drink service. Probably a 15m drive to beach. Highly recommended if you don't need to be beside the beach.

• Stayed May 2012
Mount Airy, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

The hotel was extremely quiet. It had noise reduction signs posted for people to be quiet after 10 p.m. We really appreciated that. The breakfast was above average and the staff was friendly.
The only two things that bothered me.
The low counter and sink in the bathroom. I'm short and I had to bend over for everything.
The staff at the breakfast buffet was rather rude. We were there fairly early and the 2% milk was running out. When we inquired about it, we felt that we were really bothering them. The guy ended up opening the dispenser, taking the dispenser bag out and squeezing the last of the milk into a cup for me. I think he would have been happier if we had just said 'never mind'.

But even with that, it was altogether a great stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!