“Comfortable, home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach to your Saves list
Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   303 Fantasy Harbour Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29579   |
Ranked #41 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Comfortable, home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011 via mobile

Staybridge was a very comfortable and home like hotel. The rooms were spacious and provide you with the comforts of home. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The location is not very close to the actual beach, however it is away from all the hustle and bustle. A short drive will put you right on the beach. The breakfast was very good, and well stocked. We will return.

• Stayed March 2011

209 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The room/suite was very large and everything was clean. We were given the best welcome by the shuttle bus driver who picked us up from the airport. He gave us a summary of what was in the area but you definitely need a rental car to get around. This hotel is in a very isolated area with not much near by. A few restaurants which required a short hike to get to.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Chesapeake, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2011

I travel frequently for business and have had great experiences staying at a couple of Staybridge Suites in the past. This hotel is located off the beaten path in a deserted shopping or amusement park lot. There is nothing around it, except vacant buildings in an industrial setting. I brought my family along for this trip. Had I been traveling alone, I would not have stayed here once I arrived. The grounds are nice looking, but the surrounding area does not appear very safe, especially if you are a female traveling alone. I reserved a two bedroom suite, which was filthy when I arrived. This is a pet friendly hotel and by the looks of the carpet it has been well used by some of those pets. The stains on the carpet were throughout the entire suite and were just plain nasty. Furniture was old and worn and the toilet ran continuously after each flush. The kids even commented on the condition of the room and the location of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Joppa, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Booked hotel back in May for our annual family trip sight unseen. I have stayed at Staybridge Suites before, but never more than overnight to catch an early flight. We kind of knew what to expect. We were greatly pleased. The rooms were large, the Great Room was beautiful, the amenities were great also (pool, exercise room, free laundry, coffee, breakfast, etc). We even extended our trip one more day. We could have stayed another day, but Hurricane Irene helped us to leave. My only dissapointments were the worn furniture and cabinets, dirty carpet, and old televisions. The location also was in a strange area. The hotel is surrounded by closed down businesses.

Room Tip: All rooms are great
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and although it's not on the beach, it's conveniently located near the outlet mall (which is amazing), Broadway, and the Boardwalk! The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable but the absolute best thing they have going for them is the staff! They are always very friendly and willing to offer their services whenever I asked for something. It is so refreshing to see people that still understand what excellent customer service is all about! I will continue to stay here whenever I visit and will continure referring my friends and family as well!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Georgetown, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for a week for our daughter's national dance finals. The vacation overall was great A's our daughter's team won Judges Choice for their age group.

When we got to the hotel to check-in the rooms weren't ready yet so we had to wait about 45 mins fir the rooms. We had a 1 bdrm and a 2 bdrm suite. Both needed to be updated as far as the decor.

The room overall met our needs, the beds were nice, as were the pillows.

The breakfast each morning was really good, and my daughter loved the pool.

The shower was very slick and nothing was provided to help with footing. Half-way through the stay I fell in the shower and broke my shoulder.

The wireless Internet worked fairly well. One thing I did not like was how the passcode changed everyday, and I had to call the front desk to get it each day.

Overall the hotel was nice, I would stay there again, but I would take a nonskid mat fir the shower.

• Stayed June 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

On route to Myrtle Beach I called ahead with a special request and Gary was quick to meet, and actually exceeded our request. No problem! My daughter needed assistance at the minimart and was quickly helped with her purchase. Our reason to visiit Myrtle Beach is watch my son play in a long, hot, baseball tournament. Going back to our hotel was actually a welcome delight to the enduring heat of the baseball games. Would definitely visit here, again! Robin

Room Tip: simply request what you need
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Sonesta ES Suites Myrtle Beach? Share your experiences!