“Thank you Best Western Plus Myrtle Beach!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel
9551 N Kings Highway, Highway 17 North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-4005 (Formerly Plantation Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #59 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Thank you Best Western Plus Myrtle Beach!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

This is my second stay at the Best Western Myrtle Beach and when I was making my reservation I noticed a couple of reviews here that complained about "dank" smells and I got worried that one of my favorite Hotels had slipped in standards. I think they must have this location confused with another property. I was thrilled to discover that not only were there no problems with odor but the staff was as friendly as I remembered! The hotel manager even remembered me from my last stay.

The Complimentary Breakfast was wonderful- make your own waffles, biscuits and gravy, apples, pastries, great coffee- such a great way to the start the day. (Sorry my pic as taken after the food was cleared) I really do love this hotel. Even the little touches in decor make a big difference- I'm a sucker for cool mosaics! The fitness room is basic but better than any I've seen at similar hotels. Wifi was free and fast. Housekeeping was efficient and kind. I forgot to put my do not disturb sign out and the woman knocked very politely in case I was sleeping.

This is not a beach front location but I come here for work so I can make the 5 minute drive and get my ocean time in. Kroger's, McDonald's, Calabash Restaurants and a Comedy Club all in walking distance. Ooh and Jimmyz Hibachi delivers! See you next time Best Western!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

95 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I were very happy with our brief stay at the Best Western. The rooms were very, very clean and the furnishings were modern. We were given a room where we wanted to stay and Regina and her staff were courteous and very helpful. The breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Everything we wanted to see and do was conveniently located. I will stay there again and highly recommend It.

Room Tip: We chose a first floor room. Luggage carriers and an elevator are available.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

was supposed to be newly remodeled but had ceiling peeling - wifi would not connect making imposible to stay in touch per modern lifestyle no on ethere able to help get this fixed - confusion with 1-800 iven as to if they had an account with property or not- lastly and perhaps most concerning in the new innovation of putting motion sensor devices to control a/c or even fan controls - room became stuffy at night while asselp due to device thinking room was empty - the location was good for my purposes but in my mind i could have gotten shelter value from even a more budget oriented chain

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWesternPlusMB1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
I am very sorry you didn't enjoy your stay. I know I personally tried to get your laptop to connect to the wireless, but you told me not to worry about it. You also told me your other device connected fine. As to the motion sensors in the a/c unit, they have a button for continuous fan. It isn't on the wall control, but it is on the unit itself. We offered to move you, and offered you a discount on a future stay.
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We enjoyed the stay here, the decor is all ocean seaside colors and pretty rooms. Very clean and comfortable beds. Good breakfast too. They welcomed our dog with a box with food, water and treats. Off-season rates were great. Location is on Hwy 17, only a few miles from the beach.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dumfries, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This hotel is located right on Restaurant Row on busy N. Kings Hwy/Rte 17 N in Myrtle Beach. Basically centered in the middle of all the attractions so there was only a short drive. Not located directly on or across the street from the beach, so if that's what you want, then this is not the place for you! We stayed in a King Executive Suite with sleep sofa and whirlpool tub in August 2012. The room was MUCH larger then I expected! It was updated, not the best choice of colors (blue and green), but definitely clean. Microwave, fridge, and a small sink are located within the room. We were on the 3rd floor and never saw or heard another guest! Decent breaskfast options with make your own waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, bagels, O.J., coffee, etc. My only complaints are that there were mildew stains around the whirlpool tub which could have easily been fixed with some new caulking and on our second day and we went to the beach and came back to an unclean room. We were told that housekeeping thought that no one was on that floor. Someone came quickly and cleaned the room for us. Good hotel for the money.

Room Tip: Kng Executive Suite with Sleep Sofa is big!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!