“DON'T GET CONFUSED-THIS IS NOT PLUS!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Myrtle Beach Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9551 N Kings Highway, Highway 17 North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572-4005 (Formerly Plantation Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
BEST VALUE RATE BOOK NOW
Ranked #35 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Florence, South Carolina, United States
“DON'T GET CONFUSED-THIS IS NOT PLUS!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

So I accidentally booked this room through a 3rd party site, thinking it was their sister site located on Ocean Blvd with the same name. Unfortunately I couldn't cancel/change the reservation and they were one of the few hotels that had a vacancy. So we decided to buck it up and stay because it wasn't too terribly far from the beach. okay, so I've read many of the positive reviews on here and I think they've gotten it confused with the sister property. This property on Kings Highway is "updated" as the rooms were clean and new furnishings. But the halls and lobby were dank and rank. We were on the 3rd floor and the air went out in the halls, which revealed the stench of the old carpets. The staff was unapologetic about it, and only said "at least it's working in the rooms". The pool was small and dirty. and the 1st floor had a stench aslo because this was the floor they allowed pets . . by the way this was not a cheap hotel, but so not worth the price! Don't get it confused-this is NOT the Best Western on Ocean Blvd which is much nicer!! this is an old renovated hotel...but a little paint and new sheets are NOT upgrades.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Ellen O

North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

The Best Western Plus was very clean and modern. The staff was friendly and helpful. The breakfast attendant was cheerful and helpful. The housekeepers were friendly and attentive. The location was very convenient. The bed and pillows were comfortable. I only have two complaints. There was no fresh fruit on the breakfast buffet. It was all processed food and the lighting in the room was terrible. I'm used to low, bad light in hotels but this was pretty bad. I put on sunscreen in the room and had no idea that I looked like a clown until someone told me so outside.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MissVee
Washington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our mini vacation on July 19 - 22, and the rooms were so clean we could walk barefoot on the floors, (which we don't do in a lot motels). Sherry the night clerk was wonderful. We had the chance to meet the managers of this Best Western and they were super nice people. They treated us like family. I would recommend this Best Western to anyone. The breakfast was wonderful. We give this place a 5 star.

Thanks for everything.
Donald and Betty Jo

Room Tip: Very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Betty S
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I stayed here July 18 through July 20. The hotel was super clean and the front desk attendants were very nice and helpful. The breakfast was a very good value. The breakfast attendant, Sharon I think, was so attentive to our needs and kept everything clean and well-stocked. The pool is on the small side, but it was adequate and clean. We did not have to travel very far to get to the beach. Hotel is on the busy Kings Highway across from the Comedy Cabana. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: At this time, I would not stay in a room close to the elevators. Everytime the elevator door closes...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Angie M
Latrobe, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

This beautiful hotel is totally updated, clean, and has a staff that was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was terrific! I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Mary W
Charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Hotel is on a busy strip, but doesn't feel that way once inside. Close to everything, including Restaurant Row.(Benjamins Calabash) is a must if you love seafood, its next door. Staff was very nice, rooms clean, free breakfast in the morning. I took advantage of the 3 night stay special so I paid $110 per night. It's not fancy, but just perfect if you want some place clean and you are on a budget. Myself and my family enjoyed it. This was the 1st time staying closer to N Myrtle, much quieter than the south end. We enjoyed the beach at N. Myrtle in barefoot landing, there is free public parking too. All and all, great time, this was the best value I have ever had in Myrtle Beach and I go every year.

• Stayed July 2012
4 Thank clarendongirl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I stayed here for "family reunion and beyond" vacation. The hotel is very clean, and the pool, though small, was kept clean and my two young sons enjoyed it very much.

The staff was superb! April, who helped me with my reservation, and a previous one wherein my wife and her mother had enjoyed, was simply a gem. She was very accommodating, kind, warm, and always sported a genuine smile. April was a tremendous help. Janice, upon check-in, was very helpful. She sported a great smile and I was impressed with her doubling as breakfast attendant the next morning due to short staffing, even though she was the sales director. I admire such dedication. Janice was very friendly, and upbeat, as well. Sherry was pleasant when I first saw her around 2am, and she helped me with requests, and information. At breakfast, she was also filling in with Janice, and again, both ladies were amazing. Aaron, at check-in, was helpful, and friendly. He answered many questions throughout our five night stay with patience and professionalism. We met the new breakfast attendant, Sharon, on her first day (our last morning), and she absolutely is top-notch. She handled breakfast very efficiently and always with a warm smile.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay. The Internet connection was spotty for a couple of our iPad and droid devices on the second floor, but they connected fine on the first. Also, our laptops connected fine in our room, as did our iPhone. Housecleaning always spoke back when I greeted them, and the room was cleaned to our satisfaction. We will stay here again. I highly recommend this hotel for family, couples, business, or just passing through.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family