“FANTASTIC” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 124 things to do in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: We have a big green fence out front. We now offer Draught Pours on Tuedays, Thursdays and Fridays at 4:30. We have 2 tours a week with FREE SAMPLES: Tuesday and Thursday at 3:00.
Bolder
5 attraction reviews
“FANTASTIC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

This was my 3rd trip there. I couldn't make it to the Thursday Tour but I did make it to my first Friday draft day. IT WAS GREAT. The Always cute Roddy let me in a few min early and served me a dry hop porter and my girlfriend a dry hop lager. They were great. The "Alluring Allie" came in around 5 and she is THE BEST bar tender I have ever seen. All her taps are against the brewery wall or in the cooler but she made it seem seemless getting the beers. Roddy the Cutie is #1 but Allie is a close #2! Can't wait to come back east and have another New South.

Florence, KY
“Refreshing craft beer, locally brewed.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

A GPS helps to find the location, just off of 10th st. But once there you find a nice modern small batch brewery. This is one of about 6 in the whole state. They can only sell beer or give samples during their tours, so you need to call and make sure of the tour times. They sell both cans and growlers. If you like good craft beer, this is a must stop on your next visit.

Visited November 2013
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“A Definite Stop On Your Vacation!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I'm a local of Myrtle Beach and I've taken the tour several times. You're greeted and welcomed by the staff and then offered a sampling of the different beers they brew. The tour is excellent. Not only can they describe the beer-making process, but they can also break it down how it's brewed on a molecular level. The tour is very informative and really enjoyable. The different samples of the beers during the tour is an excellent way to keep great conversation amongst visitors. Don't forget to pick up a six-pack of the delicious White Ale and Nut Brown Ale! If you enjoy great beer and fun tours, then I highly recommend this tour on your next trip to Myrtle Beach!

Ingleside, Illinois
20 attraction reviews
“Who knew this existed?!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

I just happened to find this place on tripadvisor and I thought it would be great to check out. It is really tricky to find. Especially because it looks like a little broken down warehouse from the outside. Once you walk inside it is a completely different story. You would have never know! They gave us an amazing tour of how they became the brewery they are today and their history. The workers were very easy to talk to and down to Earth. They have t-shirts and different glasses you can buy as souvenirs. If you are looking for a new brewery to explore in some spare time. It is well worth it.

Visited March 2013
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Well worth the trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We went with a group to New South on a tour. It was enjoyable, educational, and we loved the different beers. Our tour guide was informative and kept our attention throughout. We've been on some of the big beer company tours, and while they have it in size, we learned SO MUCH more on this tour. It was nice to try the different beers as we went along, rather than just one or two at the end (as so many of the others do). This way you really got to enjoy and appreciate the different types. We would highly recommend this as an adjunct to your trip to the Myrtle Beach area if you are visiting, or an afternoon trip if you live here.