“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #58 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Nutley, New Jersey
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I enjoyed staying at Aqua Beach and would definitely come back and even recommend it to my friends and family. There are only oceanfront rooms which is excellent. Ocean was literally only a block away. You can view and hear the great sound of the ocean waves day and night. It was very close to the city's major attractions. Hotel staff arranged our trips around the city. I plan to go back as soon as they place another groupon ad.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tarra D, Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. A lot of our guest stay because of our location and the fact we are in the center of all the down town attractions. n . We hope that we will see you again when you decide to visit the Myrtle Beach area.

Tarra Drost

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Our family were guests at Aqua Beach in December 2012 and January 2013 over the holidays. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay on the ninth floor with balcony facing the ocean. LOVED having the ability to cook and keep items while there, a definite plus in our books! Our beds were comfy as could be, the decor inviting, the staff friendly and helpful and the temperature in Myrtle Beach for the middle of winter AMAZING! Activities were actually open in the area and overall was an awesome centralized location within walking distance to practically everything we wanted to see. Just a short walk to the beach, which wasn't very busy at all during our stay. While there, the police were actively patrolling the area, which made parking in the overflow area more comforting. Coffee in the lobby 24/7 proved convenient and tasty and the seating area there was very nice too. I would be THRILLED if they added some kind of continental breakfast to the lobby, prior to our returning, as this would really set the place off. Even if it was for an hour and something light like fruit and a pastry, etc., it would be a nice added and appreciated touch. Can't beat the price in the off-season for its wonderful location and clean room! Didn't hesitate to take our shoes off and relax in this room and the cleaning staff did a great job maintaining our room for us while there. Would highly recommend calling before booking if you are super sound sensitive, because it appears different floors/different rooms are located close to items that could affect your stay in this regard, which is really any place you stay. The owners did a terrific job renovating and the bright colors made for a cheerful stay. Our kiddos couldn't stop talking about Aqua Beach after staying there and spent just as much time on the balcony watching the ocean, light show on the wheel and vehicles going by as they did in the room itself. Couldn't beat the sunshine and palm trees when our area back home was getting dumped on by snow! A holiday vacation we will never forget and hope to repeat in the future! Thank you Aqua Beach and all who made our stay, nice every day! : )

Room Tip: We were supposed to be on the 11th floor and after being on the 9th instead, can see how being highe...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tarra D, General Manager at Aqua Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
I just wanted to thank you for your recent post on trip advisor. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to your next visit. We take pride in assuring each stay is a memorable stay.

Again thank you for your feedback.

Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The hotel was in the perfect place, especially when traveling with teens who are old enough to venture out on their own. There is a lot to do right around the hotel and it is very lively.
All in all, I got what I paid for, so I am not disappointed in the value. However, there are some things that could have been much better and would have been good customer service. The towels were the worst I have ever used in a hotel (and I travel a lot). Not only were they not fresh, they were hard, scratchy, and paper thin. The refrigerator door would not stay closed and then the bathroom had a horrible musty smell to the point that no one wanted to go in there.
The beds were made daily by a very friendly housekeeping staff, but the bathroom was not cleaned. It was not clean when we checked in either.
The front desk staff was super friendly when I checked in on the 29th, but she was the only friendly one when it came to front desk staff.
The air conditioner broke the day after arrival and when I called the front desk, the maintenance man was knocking on the door within 5 minutes and had it fixed. He even told me that if it went back out that he would leave his evening job to come back and replace the unit if needed. He had outstanding customer service!
I would stay at the Aqua Beach Inn again for a quick trip, but I would plan for a different hotel if I were staying longer. I think better towels and cleaner bathrooms would have changed my opinion, but when there could have been many other things wrong I am happy to report there were just a few.
I would give the Hotel a "C" for comfort and an "A" for location.

Room Tip: All the rooms face the beach. The higher up you are, the better your view of the beach and the livel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues to our department heads and assure you we take complaints very serious. There is no excuse for rooms not being cleaned properly and I have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Im very dissatisfied with how they front desk girl named Jessica was acting I know they was lots of things going on but she had no right saying to white couple that was in front of me it wouldnt be happening if it wasnt BLACK BIKE WEEK and these BLACK people need to hurry up a leave. I was very upset that I was disrepected like that and embarrassed because I wasn't here for bike week I was here for a funeral. Other than the rude front desk lady our room on 11th floor was very clean and the housekeeper, sally. The irob in our room didn't work but our housekeeper brought us two more irons which still did not work like they should. Fantastic view of them.ocean and sky wheel. Would probably stay again but they really need to get rid of rude front desk clerk.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of the Aqua Beach. I apologize for the issues you shared on your review. I have addressed your issues and I am so sorry you were offended. I assure you we take complaints very serious. I personally have taken steps to ensure this will not happen again.

Sparta, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

My husband, daughter, and I recently stayed 3 nights at Aqua Beach Inn. We stayed on the top (11th) floor. The view was breathtaking! As soon as we walked into the room, we saw the Atlantic Ocean. The room itself was very nice, and very clean. The pool area was nice, plenty of tables but it doesn't face the ocean. 2 minute walk to the beach and boardwalk was very convenient.

The only negatives we found were that there was only 1 elevator, and more times than not you had to wait quite a few minutes for it, the fridge in our room was not working properly (not cold enough), and we wished there was a continental breakfast.

Other than that we were very impressed with this hotel. Great location. Good price.

Room Tip: Don't go during bike week! Very loud!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I just wanted to thank you for your feedback on your visit to our property. We take your comments very serious to strive on making your stay a great experience.
The entire staff and I look forward to your next visit and hope it is even better than the last stay.

Again thank you for taking the time to post about your stay.

Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

You cannot beat the location, right by the beach, just in front of the 14th pier where there is a great restaurant. A minute walk from the skywheel. If you get a beachside room, you have an ideal location to take photos of the skywheel at night as well.

The service is top notch. I left my tripod in the room. But they mailed it back to me. Cannot thank them enough.

We booked through a living social deal, excellent deal.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Chcked in Saturday May 18th and you know what that means it's the end of Bike Week 2013 and what a party at the Boardwalk there was! There were tons of things to do.

ABI is always clean, staff is always nice and we always have a good time. It's also affordable and you can walk almost any direction and find something to do.

Our visit this time has been great! Cant wait to come back.

Room Tip: 9th Floor or above in the rt corner. If you want quiet go to the other side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Just wanted to thank you for your post on your stay in May. We appreciate your feedback and happy your enjoyed your stay. The entire staff and I look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for staying at Aqua Beach Inn.

Tarra Drost

Been to Aqua Beach Inn? Share your experiences!