“Fun atmosphere, cheap food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Fun atmosphere, cheap food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friends and I go to trivia night at Nacho Hippo almost every week. They have great drinks and decent food. An order of nachos is huge and two people can definitely split it. The food is relatively inexpensive. I like the atmosphere of it being an indoor/outdoor restaurant. The service is slow so definitely try to order two drinks at once or you will be chasing down your server to get another one.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Ok..just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

Just ate nachos and chips with taco meat n queso..it was bland. .no spice at all..lots of chips..reasonable prices and cool place to be at..I will give them one more try..

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Clarksville, Tennessee
“An Ok Mexican restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stopped at the Nacho Hippo because we couldn't find our first choice, Habenero. It was convenient and we were hungry by the time we got there. The location is actually wonderful with tons of nearby parking.

All of the seating appeared to be patio oriented without a true inside indoor, air conditioned dining room. Our table was tall with bar style stools. Not our first choice but what we expected in a "cantina" style place.

The food was all tasty but portions were very small for the price. When you order a taco from the dinner menu that's exactly what you get, one tiny taco. Be prepared ahead of time and ask your server exactly what you'll get.

My biggest disappointment was in the frozen margaritas. Their jumbo size was a normal frozen margarita and they ran out of them at 6:15PM on a Saturday night. HUH??? A cantina that runs out of margaritas? What are they in business to sell??

Visited June 2013
“Awesome Place! Great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here after seeing it in Market Commons and wanting to get away from the tourists! IT WAS AWESOME! Our server was great and very helpful! Totally recommend it!

Visited June 2013
philadelphia area
“Wish I had been braver”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stopped here when our flight was delayed and they had a lot of fun types of nachos on the menu. Sadly, it was our last vacation day and I was feeling guilty about all the junk I ate so I just had a salad. It was good but I now wish that I had just ate the darn things and gained a lb. My husband was all stressed about our flight (he's the pilot and the thunderstorms were making him grouchy) so wasn't adventurous. I doubt he even tasted his food.
My kids got the nachos but they were REALLY bland since they are for kids. I guess they didn't like them since they both ate their applesauce and rice and left the majority of the nachos. The kids' portion was huge though. It definitely could have been shared.
Our waitress was very nice and had drinks refilled constantly. Sadly, they had a few types of mojitos on the menu but were out of mint...so I couldn't have one. Boo.

• Visited June 2013