“Reservations Highly Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
connelly springs, North Carolina
“Reservations Highly Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

I'll preface this by saying that my family and I eat at this style of restaurant often, the ones where they cook the food right in front of you. No where online did I see anything about a reservation. We arrived approximately 5 minutes after the restaurant opened at 4:30, because we hadn't had lunch that day and were told that because we didn't have a reservation we would have to wait 30-45 minutes. So my advise would be to call ahead if possible. The food was good, but I had steak and it was 50% fat, chicken was great. Nice wait staff and prompt service. Our chef was competent but I had 2 kids with me and he continually made inappropriate comments during his cooking to joke around with the adults at the table (I guess to get better tips). Thank heavens my kids are to young to grasp what was being said. Food itself was good though.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Food was excellent, but atmosphere was even better!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

This was our second trip to this restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our food, although our kids were a bit disappointed they didn't serve sweet carrots as a side. The chicken and rice were phenomenal and the shrimp sauce (aka yum yum sauce) was delish!!! Our server and our cook both did an excellent job. It stays busy because it's so good, so be sure to arrive early. Doors open at 430pm thru the week!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Clover, South Carolina
“Good food! Lots of it! Be prepared to drop some $$$”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My daughter loves Japanese restaurants where the cook is right in front of you. She calls it a "cook in your face place!". If you've been to this type of Japanese restaurant before, this one is very similar. Seating around a large cooking surface, watching the cook prepare your food while he/she puts on a little show.

They started with an appetizer of shrimp (3-4) for everyone at the table. Then it was time for the rice. He cooked a tremendous amount and served it to each of us. I could not believe the amount of rice each of us got. I could have easily gotten full on that alone! Next he cooked our main courses and those were also abundant! Needless to say I walked out with enough leftovers for another whole meal.

Desserts were offered, but I couldn't eat another bite. They did pass out small bowls of sherbert, which was just enough of a sweet taste to end the night. I found it strange though that they passed out sherbert. Is that some sort of Japanese custom?

For 3 adults and 2 kids, the bill was $110. I thought this was a little high, especially because no alcoholic drinks were ordered. I guess prices are marked up a little bit since it's the beach.

Would I go again? Oh yes! Could I afford to make it a regular habit? Unfortunately no.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Durham, North Carolina
“Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

OMG... I ordered extra rice, and got a mountain of food..

so much food, I boxed for hotel, and could eat a meal for 3 days!!!

Visited June 2013
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Decent”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Decent food and show. Large portions for what you pay. The location in Murrell's Inlet was challenging to find (Apple and Google list different addresses and show the location listed on the website as completely different places).

Visited May 2013