“Cute little haunted house” 4 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Owner description: Great Haunted House that's been there since the 80's
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Cute little haunted house”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Will scare the beejezus out of kids and weak at heart. The whiole waling in the dark thing can get real creepy and if you're with a screamer bring earplugs because the screams will come. Nice little attraction

Erie, Pennsylvania
“Nightmare was overall experience!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Absolutely the WORST.......THE WORST " haunted house" I've ever been in. We started by being "greeted" by a guy in the cashiers booth who had 0% personality at all. We walked up the stairs to give our ticket stub to the other employee ( and I mean there were a total of 2 people who worked this haunted house) who was not only rude but was obviously not enjoying his job. After giving us attitude for 5 minutes, he directed us into the dark room and proceeded to tell us we have 5 minutes to go through or he's locking us in. We saw him again 3 mins later helping us through the house not even allowing us to be scared or be confused telling us we have 2 mins left. Overall, it was the biggest waste of $20. Not one person jumped out to scare us. No exaggeration here. NOT 1 Person jumped out to scare us. This place sucked. They even turned off all the music and lights after 2 mins of us being in there. Like....did you forget to push repeat on your boom box???

34 attraction reviews
“Buddy Man”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Love this place A+ all across the board.they can either scare the [--] out of you or give you a kid version,up to you.they are a pig standing at the bottom of the steps on the street with a shovel who kinda chases after people and scares them to death.he also holds a little piggy bank and ask you if you want to feed the pig,not at all pushy though.we gave him a tip and actually let our 2yr old give it to him in hopes of him not being scared of him and it definitely worked every morning after that our son would wake us up and say wanna go feed the pig mom!!well needless to say that pig had a good week.

Visited July 2013
“Worst possible thing you could do on vacation.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

This place is located on the boardwalk in Myrtle Beach. A man in a mask stands outside the "house" in a mask and baggy clothes with a shovel. He's meant to guide the customers into the house and up the stairs. Not only does he do that in a rude way by shoving you, he also stands there and frightens people walking by. Including small children. I saw at least three children run away crying. As I paid my 10 dollars the cashier was also a little rude. I waited in line with my friends and finally made my way up the stairs. A man in a blocked off area took my ticket and my friends. Also the two women behind us. He then asked if we were all together. We said no but would like to walk together. He proceeded to say that that would be very stupid and would mess everything up. He then said another party had done that and we might cause a fight and we could possibly be hurt. I decided I did not want any part of this so I told the man I would not be doing this. He continued to argue with me and I walked out. My friends later told me he followed them in and out of the house. They also got lost in the house. They did not give me my money back. Please do not waste your time on this very pointless place. The staff is rude and ignorant. This is defiantly not worth anyones time and should not even be in business. This was the worst experience I have ever experienced on a vacation and Myrtle Beach. Myrtle Beach is much better than this. Please please do not waste your time on these horrible, rude, and hateful people. Or go anywhere near this dump that likes to take your hard earned money. Ridicules is the word for this place.

Visited August 2013
JakeMyrtleBeach, Manager at Nightmare Haunted House, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit with our ghouls. I think what you may not realize is that what makes a haunted attraction great is that the "characters" always stay in character. Our theme is Monsters of the Midway. This includes grumpy carnival barkers, scary-mean clowns and generally evil carnival creatures of all kinds. Yes they are scary on the sidewalk and inside the house as well...that's what they do. Yes some children and adults find this scary on the sidewalk...that's what a good haunted attraction does. It is our aim to give each group an intimate scare and we break large groups into smaller groups because the scare is more intimate and much much safer. No, we do not nor does any Haunted attraction I'm familiar with give chicken-out refunds. If we do our job to the best of our abilities everyone should chicken out and we'd be out of business. I usually am very apologetic if there is something we've done that was not correct or not in the normal way of how we operate but I remember you and your group and unfortunately you all were on the fence about going in and we specifically told you about the "no-chicken out" policy before you went in. If you look at our other reviews you can see that most everyone loves our attraction because we make it intimate and scary. I'm sorry this is not what you were looking for in a haunted attraction but this is what we do and we are very good at it.
Sumter, South Carolina
5 attraction reviews
“Run of the Mill but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Best to do this haunted house in a large group. The coolest part is there are live actors in the haunted house... they can't touch you but they sure can scare you. This one is way better than the ripleys one.