“This place is nasty!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort
Save Saved
You added South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort to your Saves list
1007 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #2 of 7 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
“This place is nasty!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We planned our trip to Myrtle Beach and two weeks before decided we would leave earlier than we had originally planned and just find a room for two or three nights until we checked in at our resort as scheduled. We arrived late on a Friday night and after checking with a few places who wanted to charge us what we had paid for the resort we booked for the whole week, we came upon this place which was actually across the street from where we stayed last year and it seemed ok from watching it the year before. They had just dropped their rates for the night and it was what we were willing to pay. They did offer to let us see the room before we paid for it, which we did and upon entry it seemed comfortable enough and smelled clean. We paid for three nights and upon entry to the room and closer inspection found that it was absolutely NASTY!!! The curtains were stained, torn and moldy. The ceilings had stains on them. The bathroom sink took forever for the water to drain, there was no hot water in the bathroom sink. No remote for the TV and after inspection of the curtains we felt very uncomfortable about sleeping in the beds. We stripped the bedspreads off of the beds and slept on top of the sheets after I stripped the bed completely to make sure there were no bed bugs, etc. Luckily we had brought a couple of blankets for the car trip so we used those to cover up with as well as pillows brought from home! The police were called there every night that we were there, after check-in we heard someone talking to the management or owners about something being stolen from their room, and then the last night someone had called the police for a problem they had and they ended up taking that person to jail. After we checked in and saw the conditions we immediately advised the front desk that we wanted NO service during our stay as we definitely did not want anyone in our room while we were out. We actually felt better about keeping certain valuables in our car which was in site of our room and always took all money with us wherever we went. They had "keys" for the rooms instead of swipe cards like most places have which really made us uneasy to begin with. There was no phone in the room but we had our cell phones with us in case we needed them and my husband kept his gun by his side constantly while in the room and at night while sleeping. Do not stay here regardless of the price!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reidsville, North Carolina, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Ok, the people that run this place are good people but unfortunately the property isn't. My partner and I have stayed here a few times when we were on a tight budget. The rooms aren't very clean, the elevator does go on the fritz, and if you we're expecting a hot tub or pool keep moving. There is no internet but you can pick up Coral Beach's internet. I'm not really sure why they call in a family resort, it's more like a motel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Seneca, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We arrived on thursday the elevator was down so they asked us to come back in an hour to check in we returned and they had the elevator working but it had no lights, then we got into our room and it was filthy nasty dirty ! ! The sheets had not been changed from the previous guests because there were stains and hair all over them and blood, it was room 351 oceanfront , we were given 2 towels and 2 washcloths and they were stained badly not even sure if they had been washed , the shower did not work in the room and when i went to return the key and let them know why we were leaving they knew the shower didnt work but had rented us the room anyway ! the pool looked more like a sewer than a pool , when i went to the office to let them know we were leaving and tried to tell them why they were smart about it and tried to rush me out as another person was checking in , we were not offered a refund we had paid for 3 nights but our health was more important than the money we lost ! please please dont stay in this dump it really should be closed down its not sanitary !

Room Tip: be sure to look at the room before you pay no matter where you stay ! lesson learned the hard way !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kannapolis, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

we booked a room in Setember .When we got there and checked in the couch had holes in it.
I thought I would be nice and turn them over so the best side would be showing .Well there were
big holes on the other side.I told my wife that was the good side.No remolt for the tv I sent my wife to the office.She came back with some controls ??? as long as you pushed the on button
and turned the volume up they worked.The water did not go down in the shower O which was
is hot and cold ? I had to take a COLD bath Saturday night .There is a balocany and a slidding
glass door but you have to be strong to open it and close it .2 bed rooms but I got down and looked real good all I can say NASTY .When was the last time this motel bought new matrass
or box springs .There was dust between the box springs and matress .I pulled the sheets off and layed them out side the door .There was sand in the bed and black spots so I made sure the next person got clean sheets .I also pulled the sheets blanket and pillow cases layed them out side the door ..They lowered the price to $39 after I already payed $65 a night .LET me tell you of a GOOD place to go eat when you are in myrtel beach.YOU will love this place Possers BBQ in Murrels Inlet will be on right .They have the best buffett country veggies and sea food BBQ .

Hope this helps some one .I really don`t know why a lot of the motels have gone down .Why are the owners not keeping there motels up .What I feel like should be done .The ones getting the room [ like my self and my wife ] hire a lower and sue the motels owner`s .Then maybe they will close them down or fix the trash dumps up.BY the way they are still getting YOUR money .
OWNERS BE WARE FIX YOUR DUMPS UP OR THIS MAY HAPPEN .
VIKING ,BUMADA SANDS,PALAMO OCEAN SANDS JUST TO NAME A FEW.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are quieter no one over top of you.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family has been going their since we were kids. It is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly. It is in a great location.I never seen any bugs. I would recommend this place. As far as the pool,one indoor poolwas closed down but the outside pool was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wellford, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I so agree with the last two reviewers and wish they would have been there last week instead of the same time we were.
There were no towels-had to beg for them. Went the next morning so I would have them and they said that they couldn't give them until they had a chance to wash some.
No soap or toilet paper, had to beg for those also. They had to look all over in the office for them.
Remote- had to go to front desk for them
No extras such as hair dryer. I thought they all had them in this day.
The sheet did not fit. It kept coming off. No blanket on the bed.
Hair in my shower.
Pool was so filthy gross. No one should use it, they will catch something.
And the topper was the roach. My suitcase is outside for a bit, I'm afraid to bring it in.
These rooms should be free and then people should still pass it up.
The elevator didn't work on Sunday night.
There was a half drank Pepsi in the staircase from Sat thru Tues. It is probably still there.
The trash is built up so it is not being emptied daily.
People must live there because there is a big truck and motorcycle in the lot that does not move. There is crap (old stuff) that is cluttering the rear parking lot.
I will look for the owner of this property and write to them for a full refund. No one should be charged for this.

Room Tip: Don't do it!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

lets see where can I start had no towels when i got to room next day only left us 3 wash cloths an had to wait til the end of the day to get our towels phone wouldnt work no sheets on the bed when we turned the ceiling fan on we thought it was going to come out of the ceiling no remote to tv buttons broke off of tv, pillows was super thin no toilet paper no coffe maker nobody was ever in the pool the whole time we stayed there because the water was nasty green front desk staff was beyond rude an we found a giganttic roach crawling in the floor dont ever waste your money at this dump we would have been better off sleeping in our car!!!

Room Tip: sea crest was awesome when we stayed there once never chooose south seas
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort? Share your experiences!