“We enjoyed South Seas and would stay again.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort
1007 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Columbia, South Carolina
“We enjoyed South Seas and would stay again.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My family has been going their since we were kids. It is a great place to stay. The staff is very friendly. It is in a great location.I never seen any bugs. I would recommend this place. As far as the pool,one indoor poolwas closed down but the outside pool was great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Wellford, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I so agree with the last two reviewers and wish they would have been there last week instead of the same time we were.
There were no towels-had to beg for them. Went the next morning so I would have them and they said that they couldn't give them until they had a chance to wash some.
No soap or toilet paper, had to beg for those also. They had to look all over in the office for them.
Remote- had to go to front desk for them
No extras such as hair dryer. I thought they all had them in this day.
The sheet did not fit. It kept coming off. No blanket on the bed.
Hair in my shower.
Pool was so filthy gross. No one should use it, they will catch something.
And the topper was the roach. My suitcase is outside for a bit, I'm afraid to bring it in.
These rooms should be free and then people should still pass it up.
The elevator didn't work on Sunday night.
There was a half drank Pepsi in the staircase from Sat thru Tues. It is probably still there.
The trash is built up so it is not being emptied daily.
People must live there because there is a big truck and motorcycle in the lot that does not move. There is crap (old stuff) that is cluttering the rear parking lot.
I will look for the owner of this property and write to them for a full refund. No one should be charged for this.

Room Tip: Don't do it!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Waynesville, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

lets see where can I start had no towels when i got to room next day only left us 3 wash cloths an had to wait til the end of the day to get our towels phone wouldnt work no sheets on the bed when we turned the ceiling fan on we thought it was going to come out of the ceiling no remote to tv buttons broke off of tv, pillows was super thin no toilet paper no coffe maker nobody was ever in the pool the whole time we stayed there because the water was nasty green front desk staff was beyond rude an we found a giganttic roach crawling in the floor dont ever waste your money at this dump we would have been better off sleeping in our car!!!

Room Tip: sea crest was awesome when we stayed there once never chooose south seas
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Norton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

Perhaps Dianne K stayed at a different hotel with a similar name, but I can assure you that the South Seas Hotel that I stayed at is a filthy disgrace and that is an understatement. Much of the facility is broaken down and the staff is overwhelmed. I suspect that this place is about to shut down, because I can't see how it can remain in business in its current state. There are many choices of hotels in Myrtle Beach. I suggest that you check out a hotel closely and visit the room before you book a stay. The hotel is in a good location with access to the beach and could be a great hotel if the ownership was willing to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars to modernize it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Newnan, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

My niece and I decided on a whim to go to Myrtle Beach. All the coupon books we had were useless, the rooms advertised did not exist, or it was a misprint and they are suing the publication. After 3 hours of walking to find a hotel with wifi and two beds we came to south seas, they had everything we needed including Ice cold air conditioning, both units in room worked awesome. right on the beach. The room was clean, no bed bugs, no roaches, clean sheets and pillows. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. We had dishes, silverware and pots and pans. We enjoyed our stay, and will go back.

Room Tip: The corner suite, 351 was awesome, so full of light, and the cross breeze was awesome.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Galax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

this place was a total wreck! nasty, the pool is out of order and looked like it had been used as a toilet. very unclean rooms, we actually found blood on our bed! the fold out sofa was full of dead bugs! the bath tub is plastic and sunk in where you stand. very poor staffing. i know "you get what you pay for" but no one deserves to stay in such conditions. i will NOT go back there!! i was so scared to even sleep (even with my own blankets on the bed) please dont take any children to this place!

Room Tip: look up sites on internet, dont jump for the cheapest!! pictures mean alot!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Orrville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012

My mom and I stayed here last June and it was awful. I booked the room because I had stayed here in the past and it was great, but I believe management has changed. I was going to Afghanistan, so I splurged and got an oceanfront 2 room suite. My mom and I are clean people; this place was not. Dead roaches in 1st room, so we asked for another. Had to carry kitchen items from 1st room to 2nd room. Blood on sheets and pillow in one bed. Management did rectify this quickly. Asked for additional towels, but was told we could only have one each per day. Furniture was dirty. Air conditioners didn't work well so mold grew on the carpet in several places. We went out and bought additional towels, washcloths, and towels for the kitchen. Bought flat twin sheets to cover the furniture so we could sit down. Hotel mgmt was absolutely horrible to an African American guy that was having similar problems (he was not being rude to them). Also had to buy can opener, kitchen utensils, toilet paper, etc. It's my understanding that when you get a room with a kitchen, it's so you can cook and save money. Never had a room with so little kitchen supplies. Hotel mgmt's son (about 10 years old) stayed out all night playing basketball in court in middle of rooms (very difficult to sleep). Sign on wall in office said "no refunds". When I go back to Myrtle Beach, I will book a room when I get there after seeing the room. Been having bad luck lately in MB with rooms.

Room Tip: Wait till you get to MB and request to see a room before you book. This way you can also see how hot...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to South Seas Oceanfront Family Resort? Share your experiences!