“This hotel treats their guests horrible.” 1 of 5 stars

You added Palmetto Shores Oceanfront to your Saves list
Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Raleigh, North Carolina
“This hotel treats their guests horrible.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family comes down here every year for a week for our family reunion and I must say we have never been treated so badly. We get about 6 rooms and pay out about $12,000 but this hotel will never get our money again. They complained about everything we did and had an issue with everything our family did. We could definitely tell this was under new management this year because we usually have a great time here. I will say this, we were the only African American family here and it just seemed that we were targeted and they harassed us constantly. We had security speak to us about cooking on the grill that they have. Apparently we were not supposed to use it or allow our kids to swim or any of the countless things we normally have no problem doing. They basically ruined our vacation and I advise everyone to avoid this hotel . We will go back to the breakers or beach colony where we can be treated like we deserve. This hotel sucks.

• Stayed June 2014

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Durham, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I have rated the Palmetto a 3 because my room was nice, however, it needed a serious paint job. I had white furniture and it all needed painting. Otherthan, that I would recommend this place to friends and family. It's a great view and a good setup for a family trip. Would I stay there again? Yes. The front desk sfaff was very friendly. They really made me feel welcome.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with teens, this place has 2 bedroom condo. I took my son and his friend, i wa...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

This was our first time vacationing at Myrtle Beach and we truly enjoyed ourselves. Our accommodations at Palmetto were wonderful w/our oceanfront view. We stayed an extra day because we enjoyed it so much! We were able to sit on the balcony and enjoy the beach or walk down to the beach and then come back and sit on the balcony again. We kept our door to the balcony open all night because the view and the air were wonderful. Parking was a little tricky at times but everything was within walking distance to the hotel and our room was nice and clean and gave us the comfort of being at home on vacation. We look forward to returning in summer of 2014!

Room Tip: Oceanfront rooms allow the wonderful view of the ocean and the beach goers.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We booked are room through Hotel.com and we asked for a ocean front view room and when we got to Palmetto shores hotel they told us that hotel.com booked us in a middle top room with half view of the ocean when we were told from Hotel.com we had a ocean front view. Rives H. Boykin he's the night manager that was on when we got here and he did a great job to make us happy with are stay here. He went into the computer and looked to see what they had with a front view of the ocean and he did a great job finding us a great room on the 10th floor with a great view of the ocean. I slept like a baby hearing the ocean right outside my window. It's clean and the staff is very helpful and nice. The next time i am we turning to Myrtle Beach this will be my hotel to book.

Room Tip: ask for a ocean front room you won't be sorry
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Richmond, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I booked a room two weeks in advanced, when I got there the refrigerator were a little smaller than what I were told when booking it, it were a misunderstanding in rooms but the clerk Briana alone with her manager MR Boykin were very patient in helping to get a room to fit my needs their service were great, I loved the room very clean had size refrigerator I needed, the hotel were in a location close to every thing that I needed and their condo's are nice, the stay were very nice I would definitely would stay again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Joshua, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

We booked this last minute for a weekend getaway. The staff was terrific we got into town earlier than planned. And checked if our room had been booked as it was done enroute to MB. Trey not only was nice but allowed us in so we where able to freshen up.
Yes place is dated.. and it shows. But staff and price and location make up for it. We walked every where we needed. Use trip advisor app to find all the hole in the wall places to eat play and shop. We never used pool or fitness center. But seen it inuse the whole time we stayed. My major complaints. The router is on ur night stand.. had to block the lights on dash as they are bright. Lack of toiletries but I always pack spares. Toliet slowly flushed. Single set of pillows (two pillows for a queen bed.) Asked for more later that night. And extras were brought up. Main door to room stuck. Had to foot open and close door. Now plus sides place is on the beach. Staff is great even those that seemed uninterested in service did their job. Location this place is minutes walking distance to everything we wanted to do. Price in the off season was what a meal for two would cost.
Would stay here again not for the hotel but location and price can't be beat.!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Barbourville, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The staff were very nice and attended to our every need. The rooms were very clean and even smelled clean. The kitchen although small had everything that we needed. The cleaning crew were very nice and did their job very well. This beach get away was much needed and this hotel was top notch. We will definitely stay here again. The only part I disliked was the fact that we only got to spend 5 days there. Thank you Palmetto Shores for everything.

Darrell Brewer

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!