“Not a good choice” 1 of 5 stars

Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
“Not a good choice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

You pay for what you get and with this hotel you get dirty rooms. One night we had no maid service. Had to call the front for maid service and all we got were clean towels. They did not offer to clean our room. The carpet was so dirty that our feet were black from walking on the carpet and found dirt in the carpets. The mattress was very lumpy and worn. Small rooms. We were glad we were only staying for 3 nights.. Think again before staying at this hotel. Definitely below standards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews, I was scared to stay here but this place was great for the money. We got a room with bunk beds and a double bed and the room was great except for being a tad small. we saw no bugs and the room was very clean. The staff was great and maids left extra towels for us every day. This place is nice for the price. The beds were very comfortable. I will definitely be coming back to stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Guttenberg, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

the hotel is good and also attention... mainly the Atlantica building and the building Waves in which we stayed and we spent an unforgettable holiday but the only thing is the service that not cleaned the rooms the houskeeping... had to ask them more SOAP...more towels. my husband, my two children and I were 3 bath towels only entered once in 10 days to clean say on the penultimate day... but that's the only thing I complain because we had a very nice days...

Room Tip: nice room in oceanfront!!!!!
Culpeper, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

For the money this was an okay Condo, However I know I was not getting a 5 star hotel but really they could have got the sticky stuff off the dresser and night stands, the hair off the floor and vaccumed the balcony. Otherwise I want to let everyone know what friendly people at the front desk. Michelle and Shantell were GREAT!!! I wish everywhere I went there were friendly people like that. I were so sweet and pleasant unlike some of the other staff there. If I were to stay at The Palmetto Shores again I would def not stay in the Atlantica Building other than that is was a great trip. THANKS AGAIN SHANTELL AND MICHELLE KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.

Room Tip: If you book a room in this building and are looking for oceanview from left to right with no obstruc...
Colonial Heights, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

For the money very hard to beat. My room, linen, and bathroom were all very well kept. Hotel staff were all very nice and helpful. The only concern I have is that the doors and locks need to be updated and made more secure.

Room Tip: If available get a beachfront room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I have been vacationing at Palmetto Shores for the past 3 years. I have yet to encounter a problem. And until then I will continue to vacation with them. Staff is very friendly and helpful. If you come here expecting to get the royal treatment then you need to go to a 5 star hotel. At Palmetto Shores you get a reasonably priced clean room, great view, and friendly staff.

• Stayed August 2013
Ninety Six, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

my stay in the Waves building was going to be for 5 nights..after reading revues,i admit, i was a little concerned..my wife and i arrived 8-23 about 12pm..we knew the room would not be ready,,so no problem..park the car hit the beach a while,an hour or so,the room is ready..we were in room 1017.i thought..uh oh,10 floors with a slow elevator,,but i clocked it,,15 seconds from 1-10..not bad for myrtle beach..open the door to the room.and it was clean every where..i honestly did not expect it to be..i really was trying to find something wrong and could not..every thing worked and every thing was clean..no bugs,no mystery stains,no mildew..and believe me,,she looked every where..well maybe we got lucky i thought..so we start asking people we would meet on the elevator ,on the beach,people staying in one of the other buildings..and they all said the same thing,,no problems everything clean and every thing works..this is not a five diamond resort..this is a clean,friendly hotel..where you can enjoy your stay,steps from the beach..2 clean queen beds ocean front with a FULL kitchen that worked and was clean..5 pools,poolside bar,bbq grills,we would put our things on the beach in the morning and leave it there all day with no problems at all..and you are in a perfect location,just a short walk to the boardwalk,sky wheel 14 ave pier ect. we liked it so much we stayed an extra night..

Room Tip: we stayed in 1017 waves building with no problems ocean front
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!