“Tired place, accommodating staff great value!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Palmetto Shores Oceanfront to your Saves list
Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
West Melbourne, Florida
“Tired place, accommodating staff great value!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

Although the front desk was very helpful and accomodating when we arrived, the dog policy has changed. It is no longer a pet friendly place. Made reservation from bringfido.com because we had a dog. They let us stay anyway which was really great. Could not find us a room too quickly even though we reserved online. Made 3 changes before finally settling on one that was ready. Were upgraded as courtesy for wait! Nice. The reason I only give 3 stars is because of the following: 1. No towels in room, had to request. 2. No coffee w/machine 3. Not cleanest room I ever stayed in but not dirtiest either (hair stuck to bathroom walls, greasy feel to knobs, greasy smeared TV screen. 4. No breakfast as stated in description. 5. Breakfast at hotel owned cafe across street very pricey and mediocre (cost $29 w/tip for 2 adults, 2 coffee and eggs)! 6. Overall the place seemed very tired and a bit worn out. Tiles falling off, bad patchwork on doors, vanity light bulb out and cover hanging, filthy bath fan which caused it to be completely useless, towel rack missing bar, no tissues. 7. No 'Do Not Disturb' sign and we were in fact disturbed by early cleaning staff. Room was comfy however with nice beds, clean sheets, flat screen TV, DVD player, big fridge, micro, coffee maker, etc. Amenity facilities looked great! Nicely equipped exercise room, elevators, 4 pools including 1 indoor, beautiful oceanfront location, walk to restaurants, covered swings for couples, covered picnic tables, nice pool furniture. Price is right however and it wasn't so bad for this reason alone! Would stay again.

Room Tip: Our room on second floor was oceanfront. Beautiful as long as off season. Only problem? If it were i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Myrtle Beach
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

While staying at the Palmetto shores my issues were that they didnt have any wi-fi connection and we had to the Atlantica to get a connection. The sheets quilt and top covers were covered with all kinds of hair like they havent been changed. Housekeeping started way to early they were knocking on our door at 9:00am and we stayed from Feb 27,2013 til March 3,2013 so it wasnt even a reason to be knocking that early along with running a vaccum that early in the morning I felt like I was getting ready for work and rush out so that they could clean the room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Quantico, Virginia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I didnt get to stay here but was told I could bring my pet .. a friend told me No you cant so I called back.. Well after DAYS of calling and email .. no answers calling 4 different phone number I got threw finally after sitting on hold for hours.. I canceled finally and a rude woman and 8 dollar charge for canceling I will never stay with them

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had something stolen from my room. I contacted management on duty and filed a police report.The manager on duty was very nice and I told him I would need to stay another day to take care of issues with the theft. When I went to the desk the desk morning Amos was on duty and was extremely rude.This was a terrible experience for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
McMinnville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

we recently stayed at palmetto shores hotel.The ocean front view was excellant but the roomservice[housekeeping] did not exist.We had to ask for clean towels, got beds made 1 day out of 3 and overall just not a good experience.The plus side though was it was close to beach and everthing that is on beachfront.next year we will stay else where

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience at Palmetto Shores. I have addressed your housekeeping concerns with our Director Of Housekeeping. I will say that what you experienced is not what we try to provide our guests. Generally these mistakes do not happen and we hold our staff accountable when they do. Again, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations.

Dave Rodham
GM
Maiden, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A couple of my friends have reserved a place at Palmetto Shores and have not heard anything back. We sent the deposit in and have not received anything else other than the fact that they took the money out of our account. The disclaimer online says you must be 21 years of age which is how old we are but when asking the age to the manager through email, he stated you must be 25. I have not found anywhere to cancel my reservation online and every time I have called it has been "busy", despite me calling 40 times today at different times of the day. I was wondering if anyone else had this type of problem and if there was anything to do. I have talked to the manager but when I asked about getting my deposit back, he has not replied back.Highly dissapointed with this experience and hope I can at least get my money back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am sorry about the phone situation. The feedback you gave us allowed us to research it and have it corrected. We will also look into the items on the website you mentioned as well. You emailed me originally asking if you could rent a unit at Atlantica at 22 and bring two 17 year old "children" with you. I replied that we were more of a family resort and directed you to a property better suited to your needs. Based on the dates of your reservation it looked like you were coming down for senior week. When I could not accomodate you at Palmetto Shores, you requested a cancellation and refund I did so on Friday February 8th and sent you a notice that day at noon. Refunds take three to five business days so you should see it soon. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and I hope you find suitable accomodations to enjoy in June.

Dave Rodham
GM
Cumberland, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. We had a delux condo on upper floor. Room was clean and well equiped. Great view of ocean / beach and downtown. Short walk to boardwalk and attractions. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!