“Manager Amos Jackson extremely rude!!!!!!!!!” 1 of 5 stars

You added Palmetto Shores Oceanfront to your Saves list
Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
“Manager Amos Jackson extremely rude!!!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had something stolen from my room. I contacted management on duty and filed a police report.The manager on duty was very nice and I told him I would need to stay another day to take care of issues with the theft. When I went to the desk the desk morning Amos was on duty and was extremely rude.This was a terrible experience for me.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
McMinnville, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

we recently stayed at palmetto shores hotel.The ocean front view was excellant but the roomservice[housekeeping] did not exist.We had to ask for clean towels, got beds made 1 day out of 3 and overall just not a good experience.The plus side though was it was close to beach and everthing that is on beachfront.next year we will stay else where

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
I am very sorry about your experience at Palmetto Shores. I have addressed your housekeeping concerns with our Director Of Housekeeping. I will say that what you experienced is not what we try to provide our guests. Generally these mistakes do not happen and we hold our staff accountable when they do. Again, thank you for your feedback and I am sorry we failed to meet your expectations.

GM
Maiden, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

A couple of my friends have reserved a place at Palmetto Shores and have not heard anything back. We sent the deposit in and have not received anything else other than the fact that they took the money out of our account. The disclaimer online says you must be 21 years of age which is how old we are but when asking the age to the manager through email, he stated you must be 25. I have not found anywhere to cancel my reservation online and every time I have called it has been "busy", despite me calling 40 times today at different times of the day. I was wondering if anyone else had this type of problem and if there was anything to do. I have talked to the manager but when I asked about getting my deposit back, he has not replied back.Highly dissapointed with this experience and hope I can at least get my money back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
I am sorry about the phone situation. The feedback you gave us allowed us to research it and have it corrected. We will also look into the items on the website you mentioned as well. You emailed me originally asking if you could rent a unit at Atlantica at 22 and bring two 17 year old "children" with you. I replied that we were more of a family resort and directed you to a property better suited to your needs. Based on the dates of your reservation it looked like you were coming down for senior week. When I could not accomodate you at Palmetto Shores, you requested a cancellation and refund I did so on Friday February 8th and sent you a notice that day at noon. Refunds take three to five business days so you should see it soon. I am sorry for the issues you encountered and I hope you find suitable accomodations to enjoy in June.

GM
Cumberland, Md
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. We had a delux condo on upper floor. Room was clean and well equiped. Great view of ocean / beach and downtown. Short walk to boardwalk and attractions. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012
Selma, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I reall y had a goodtime staying there good service host friendly I look forward staying there everytime I plan a trip I would recommend anyone to stay and get the kind warm sprit thzt me and my husband got I will be back i love it room nice and clen room service was great Ime ansd my husband stayed there Thansgiving weekend in November2012 look out we will be back soon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We work very hard to provide our guests with a great value. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to you and your family coming back soon.

Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at Palmetto during Easter of 2012. During my previous visit, I gave them a rather favorable review. I was impressed enough that I decided to return for New Years 2012/2013. Well, how things change...

The first room (2 bed/2bath condo) that I was assigned to was not in the same "Atlantica" building as my previous visit. When I entered the kitchen area and turned on the lights (it was early evening when I arrived), I discovered a COMPLETE COCKROACH FESTIVAL on the countertops and kitchen sink!!! I grabbed my things ASAP and headed back to the front desk. Cale didn't seem shocked to learn of the infestation. However, he quickly another room in the Atlantica building as my previous visit.

The condo was not as clean as my previous visit, the bed pillows/shower had hair. By New Year's Eve, I had to purchase a can of raid for the random roaches that appeared in the livingroom area. If I didn't have paid reservations for horseback riding, I would have checked out early and went home.

I like the location of Palmetto Shores (within walking distance of the boardwalk). However, I am going to give Myrtle Beach a rest. If/When I return, I will probably stay down the other end of the beach.

Palmetto Shores - Please get it together

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay at Palmetto Shores. We are very proactive when it comes to pest control. We have a regular schedule of service and work hard to prevent areas that could cause bug issues. Sometimes, however things do slip through and we get an issue from time to time. We will also address the housekpeeing issues you had as well. Thank you for your feedback and please know that we take it seriously.

Dave Rodham

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!