“Nice oceanfront delux condo” 4 of 5 stars

You added Palmetto Shores Oceanfront to your Saves list
Palmetto Shores Oceanfront
1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Cumberland, Md
“Nice oceanfront delux condo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We were skeptical at first but decided to give it a try. We had a delux condo on upper floor. Room was clean and well equiped. Great view of ocean / beach and downtown. Short walk to boardwalk and attractions. Will stay again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Selma, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I reall y had a goodtime staying there good service host friendly I look forward staying there everytime I plan a trip I would recommend anyone to stay and get the kind warm sprit thzt me and my husband got I will be back i love it room nice and clen room service was great Ime ansd my husband stayed there Thansgiving weekend in November2012 look out we will be back soon

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words. We work very hard to provide our guests with a great value. I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to you and your family coming back soon.

Charlotte
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at Palmetto during Easter of 2012. During my previous visit, I gave them a rather favorable review. I was impressed enough that I decided to return for New Years 2012/2013. Well, how things change...

The first room (2 bed/2bath condo) that I was assigned to was not in the same "Atlantica" building as my previous visit. When I entered the kitchen area and turned on the lights (it was early evening when I arrived), I discovered a COMPLETE COCKROACH FESTIVAL on the countertops and kitchen sink!!! I grabbed my things ASAP and headed back to the front desk. Cale didn't seem shocked to learn of the infestation. However, he quickly another room in the Atlantica building as my previous visit.

The condo was not as clean as my previous visit, the bed pillows/shower had hair. By New Year's Eve, I had to purchase a can of raid for the random roaches that appeared in the livingroom area. If I didn't have paid reservations for horseback riding, I would have checked out early and went home.

I like the location of Palmetto Shores (within walking distance of the boardwalk). However, I am going to give Myrtle Beach a rest. If/When I return, I will probably stay down the other end of the beach.

Palmetto Shores - Please get it together

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay at Palmetto Shores. We are very proactive when it comes to pest control. We have a regular schedule of service and work hard to prevent areas that could cause bug issues. Sometimes, however things do slip through and we get an issue from time to time. We will also address the housekpeeing issues you had as well. Thank you for your feedback and please know that we take it seriously.

Tionesta
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We had all of our 'good' jewelry stolen from our room while we were out golfing. It was hidden a the bottom of a box and someone looked for it and took it. Our wedding rings, as well as other 14 carat gold jewelry and a diamond ring, were all stolen. DO NOT keep anything valuable, even if it's hidden, in your room. We learned the hard way, and if I can save someone else from going through what we did, at least that would be something good coming from this. Also, we had cockroaches in the bathroom and the kitchen, the floors were filthy, and there was a pile of plaster in the corner that was there when we checked in, and it stayed there all week. Please take our advise and DO NOT STAY HERE. I know the prices are attractive, but that's the ONLY thing attractive about this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, pick a better reputable place even if it costs a little more.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
King, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The location is the only positive about this hotel.
The building needs a lot of cosmetic repairs. The decor in the rooms is a throw back to the 70s. Also, I'm not sure why there were kids sitting at the desk by the ice machine.

• Stayed December 2012
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our property. We are an older property with a great location and friendly staff that we strive to keep clean and well maintainted. Some of our elements of our room are older but I assure you are not from the 70's. The carpeting and furniture is newer. The guest computer is near the ice machine so that may explain why you saw the kids sitting there. We appreciate your business and feedback. We take both seriously and we hope to se you again.

North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Believe it or not exactly one year later my husband, cousin and his wife stayed at the same hotel in the very same room as we did in 2011. I was shocked to see we had the same room. You could tell there was some wear on the furniture and walls over the course of the year. This time the room was not in as good of condition as when I first reviewed it.

Our first problem was the sheets in the bedroom my husband and I slept in - we had to ask the front desk to send someone to change the sheets - it appeared that whomever had been in the room before left it looking as if the room had not been used -ergo housekeeping didn't change the sheets - yuck - hair and potato chips - I'm a lysol freak when I travel - and always spray the bedding as soon as I arrive.

Housekeeping arrived rather quickly and changed out the sheets - what I didn't know was the mattress cover was plastic and torn until almost bedtime. Fortunately the front desk provided me with some extra towels that I placed over the torn/missing part of the mattress cover to enable a better more comfortable sleep.

We also had to call maintenance twice during our stay - first for the remote control for the living room tv - the remote had to be completely changed - it was more than just the batteries. And then the lighting in the main bathroom was out.

We stayed during the time of the Tropical Storm Sandy so it rained most of our weekend. We noticed grounds keepers monitoring the pool area, but when we asked them for towels because there were no pool towels - it took a while to get them and even then there was only a handful brought with more people at the pool than pool towels available.

All in all this really wasn't a bad stay - it just was not as good as the first time and that's why I rated it average instead of very good. Granted they did repair all of our concerns in a timely manner - it just wasn't the standard we were expecting.

We also had purchased the stay that provided the breakfast each morning - what we didn't know - the breakfast buffet is only on weekends not during week days - therefore you get a discount off of your breakfast bill for week days. Their breakfast buffet is very good - substantial enough to fill you up to last for most of the day with biscuits, gravy, eggs - then the regular continential fair.

Would I stay here again - possibly. But I had to say that it would have to be in the Atlantica Condo section - not the other parts of the resort - for I have seen those rooms and they were not even up to par as the room we stayed in.

Room Tip: Be sure when you reserve your room if booking a condo room you get the Atlantica building
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about our property. I apologize that the room was not up to standard and not as good as you had from your prior visit. We are working very hard each day to improve our property for our guests. We will be spending the winter doing deep cleaning and preventative maintenance to all of our units. Please underdstand that we take your feedback seriously and use it as a tool to improve.

Dave Rodham

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!