Believe it or not exactly one year later my husband, cousin and his wife stayed at the same hotel in the very same room as we did in 2011. I was shocked to see we had the same room. You could tell there was some wear on the furniture and walls over the course of the year. This time the room was not in as good of condition as when I first reviewed it.
Our first problem was the sheets in the bedroom my husband and I slept in - we had to ask the front desk to send someone to change the sheets - it appeared that whomever had been in the room before left it looking as if the room had not been used -ergo housekeeping didn't change the sheets - yuck - hair and potato chips - I'm a lysol freak when I travel - and always spray the bedding as soon as I arrive.
Housekeeping arrived rather quickly and changed out the sheets - what I didn't know was the mattress cover was plastic and torn until almost bedtime. Fortunately the front desk provided me with some extra towels that I placed over the torn/missing part of the mattress cover to enable a better more comfortable sleep.
We also had to call maintenance twice during our stay - first for the remote control for the living room tv - the remote had to be completely changed - it was more than just the batteries. And then the lighting in the main bathroom was out.
We stayed during the time of the Tropical Storm Sandy so it rained most of our weekend. We noticed grounds keepers monitoring the pool area, but when we asked them for towels because there were no pool towels - it took a while to get them and even then there was only a handful brought with more people at the pool than pool towels available.
All in all this really wasn't a bad stay - it just was not as good as the first time and that's why I rated it average instead of very good. Granted they did repair all of our concerns in a timely manner - it just wasn't the standard we were expecting.
We also had purchased the stay that provided the breakfast each morning - what we didn't know - the breakfast buffet is only on weekends not during week days - therefore you get a discount off of your breakfast bill for week days. Their breakfast buffet is very good - substantial enough to fill you up to last for most of the day with biscuits, gravy, eggs - then the regular continential fair.
Would I stay here again - possibly. But I had to say that it would have to be in the Atlantica Condo section - not the other parts of the resort - for I have seen those rooms and they were not even up to par as the room we stayed in.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Shores Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palmetto Shores Oceanfront Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new, completely renovated, Palmetto Shores Myrtle Beach; centrally located to all the amenities the Grand Strand offers. No matter what season you visit, there will be tons of activities to keep you busy. You’ll find wide spans of pristine sandy beaches outside of our three oceanfront towers where our guests have a wide range of options from ocean-front rooms and efficiencies all the way up to 4-bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MyrtleBeachHotels, MyrtleBeachHotels, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palmetto Shores Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.