“Not Clean!” 1 of 5 stars

1706 N. Ocean Blvd., Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Not Clean!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Everything you read about the negatives of this hotel are correct. Our first room was very dirty.
There were things in the bathroom that should of been cleaned, like the toilet, there were hairs on the sheets and nothing was dusted. Asked for a new room. This room looked better but upon further inspection things were just not that clean but at this point all the rooms were probably dirty so we stayed put. The worst was when we were packing to leave and I picked up my slippers and they were absolutely filfity. I can't even imagine what we were walking on for two days! The elevators smelled and made all kinds of squeezing noises, in fact one was out of order the next day. When we left on the room we did not leave " clean this room" sign out because we didn't want anyone in the room, but they came in anyway. There also were no amminities, no Kleenex, no coffee, cream, sugar, only 1 shampoo and no lotion. Have never been to a hotel that didn't have these small conveniences.
The good things about this hotel was the staff was very friendly and helpful and the breakfast at the cafe was excellent, along with the service.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your expereince at Palmetto Shores. We do not provide many of the amenites you pointed out to keep our costs down and provide a better value to the guest. We are an older property with a friendly staff that works hard to keep the property clean and well maintained. We are also priced accordingly. However, your room should have had facial tissue, so I am sorry for that problem. As for the carpet we are in the process of cleaning all of them now and we plan to clean them more frequently in the future. Thank you also for giving credit to the service of our staff at the hotel and The Patio Again, please accept my apologies and understand that we take your feedback seriously.

660 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (193)
Newton, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

We stayed here for the first time and were completely let down. The parking lot was ALWAYS full we always had to park ridiculously far away! Then the room was another disaster, the refrigerator barely worked, the shower had zero pressure, and on our last day a COCKROACH ran across our floor! Sadly that was not the worst of it I was in the room alone one day getting a shower and the hotel cleaning staff came in to the room, after I informed them I was in the shower and would like them to come back later the woman replied "I just need to get your towels then I'll be out" she then proceeded to reach in to the bathroom and grab what towels we had in there! I will NEVER go back!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay at Palmetto Shores. To be fair parking is an issue at almost all Myrtle Beach hotels and we are not the exception. I am sorry about the housekeeping issue and we have done a great deal of work since August to improve our housekeeping service and quality. Thank you for your feedback and we will use it to improve our property for the better.

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Our experience started very well, Terry checked us in and answered all our questions. She was also very friendly and helped us enjoy Myrtle Beach by her suggestions. After that first encounter front desk was not very helpful. We were always waiting on room service. Maids spoke openly in the public areas about other maids taking tips. We had to ask for room service, although when the keeper came from another of their properties she was pleasant and very good. Upon leaving John at check out was quick to notice that I appeared not satisfied asked me what problems were encountered and offered us free breakfast for our problems.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Fayetteville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

I would like to thank Chris Gerald and his staff at Palmetto shores for making my stay this past weekend most enjoyable. Me and a friend come down to MB almost every other weekend and have stayed not only Palmetto Shores but many other hotels. The thing that brings us back is Chris and the night time staff. I dont really know the day staff seeing how we are usually out and about during the day. But I am sure they are as helpful as the night staff. We will be returning to Palmetto shores in just afew weeks, it seems like home now and we dont see any reason to stay at any other Hotels. If ever in need Chris is there to help you out. Keep up the good work Chris. I have let family and friends know what a great hotel this is and they are all going to give it a shot. Gene White Fayetteville NC

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Chris works very hard to provide a great environment for our guests. He is always approachable and friendly and gets ours guests what they need. I can assure you the day staff does too. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again soon.

Four Oaks, North Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

mold on the ceiling in our room, was told we could look at another room and when we opened the door there were people in the room, boy were they surprized! after a long wait we were finally directed to another room. the area around the evlevators stinks. customer service was lousy. we saw serveral other people complaining about their room as well.

Room Tip: don't go there!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback. We are working room to room on the issues that you have addressed over the winter. I will acknowledge that we do need to show our rooms care over the offseason. As for checking into an occupied room, that is unacceptable and I am sorry that occured. Please understand that we are working hard to improve our product and service and I hope in the future you will give us another try.

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Price was good, room could be cleaner. Kitchen had ony 2 forks and took 3 requests before ONE more fork was slid under door! Breakfast buffett was ok but a bit pricey. Location is great near all attractions in Myrtle Beach

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are going through all of your efficiency rooms to make sure inventory is fully accurate. Our buffet at The Patio is good and a very good value especially relative to other hotels. We are very proud of the team at The Patio and the job they do. Again, thank you for your feedback.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed there for a weekend getaway, and the manager Chris Gerald was very excellent. The hotel staff was willing to help, the oceanfront room efficiency was clean. Overall it was a great atmosphere. I will be choosing this hotel and recommend it to couples, and family looking for a nice vacation getaway in a inexpensive comfy environment!-Rashema D.

• Stayed November 2012
Dave R, General Manager at Palmetto Shores Oceanfront, responded to this review, November 23, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Chris and our entire staff work very hard to provide a positive guest experience. While our property may be older we strive to be clean, well maintained and friendly. With that in mind I feel we are a great value for the consumer. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Dave Rodham

Been to Palmetto Shores Oceanfront? Share your experiences!