OK this trip my husband and I made was with my cousins who had stayed at this property before - I was a little apprehensive after reading many of the reviews of what kind of place we would be staying at - however I thought - for the rate and the fact I always take my lysol spray and wipes - I can survive anything.
I think it's important for everyone to understand Palmetto Shores has 3 separate buildings, 2 named Atlantica - We stayed in the first building closest to the Sky Wheel.
When we firsted arrived we went to Palmetto Shores to check in only to find a notice reading to go to the Atlantica Building to check in the lobby was closed. Ok back into the car to Atlantica - the check in area of this building is very small, no seating or lobby. We got checked in, while our husbands went to unload the car, my cousins' wife and I decided to see our room - well our room was 1352 - everyone knows hotels don't label floors as 13 - our room actually was PH52.
I had booked us online for a 2 bedroom condo ocean front queen bed - we ended up with a 2 bedroom king bed set up -which was just fine. I did notice a few areas on the floors in the corners that could have been swept out and the closets in the bathroom we used needed sweeping, other than that the place was clean. I kept in mind this hotel is probably a high traffic hotel during the summer so I didn't have extremely high expectations. In addition I believe housekeeping can do better service in the off season, I was even surprised they did towel service on our second day there, most resorts if you only spend 2 nights do not offer that service, but you have to go to the front desk to ask for additional towels - nice.
The decor seemed to be rather new, I would say rennovated within the last few years. There was a couple of knicked places in the bathtub connected to our room, a patch repair place in the ceiling of the living room and paint patch repair on the balcony. So that definately shows the owners of the property do try to keep things repaired.
The walls between the rooms are either thin or the folks in the next room were extremely loud. All in all I thought it was a nice stay, I believe the fact I read some negative reviews had me on guard to find things wrong. The place was clean, which is of utmost importance, the staff was friendly and helpful - so yes I would recommend this place to stay at and it's a possibilty I will stay at it again. I enjoyed the indoor pool and jaccuzzi.
- Also Known As:
- Palmetto Shores Oceanfront Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Palmetto Shores Oceanfront Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the new, completely renovated, Palmetto Shores Myrtle Beach; centrally located to all the amenities the Grand Strand offers. No matter what season you visit, there will be tons of activities to keep you busy. You’ll find wide spans of pristine sandy beaches outside of our three oceanfront towers where our guests have a wide range of options from ocean-front rooms and efficiencies all the way up to 4-bedroom suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Venere, getaroom.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Palmetto Shores Oceanfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.