“I would not recommend this resort at all, you would be more comfortable with better service at a super 8 or any other hotel than” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sun N Sand Resort

You added Sun N Sand Resort to your Saves list
Sun N Sand Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2701 S Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #109 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Walterboro, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I paid over $200 to stay here on Saturday after the 4th of July with my family. I would never stay here again and wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one. When we stayed here someone on my floor was smoking pot. I brought it to the attention of the front desk not once but twice ... And he did nothing. Called the myrtle beach police dept. you see my husband has an allergy to the thc that is in pot. The smell was so bad I had to take him to the emergency room. He couldn't breathe...... And the man at the front desk did nothing. So if you want a nice hotel that the whole family can enjoy, this isn't the hotel you want to stay at......... I promise you that!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

First off, the parking garage is separate from the rooms. So you have to go down into the lobby and get on another elevator to get to your room. We were supposed to get a beach front room, but we were given "ocean view" instead. Our refrigerator was broken when we arrived to our room. The furniture was beat up and horrid. Our air conditioner had the carpet soaking wet all week. The elevators broke one day and a staff member told me that kids put sticks in them to hold the elevators to mess them up. That was not the case... apparently the rain messed them up? So the whole hotel had one elevator to use. I heard some guest had mold in their ice buckets and roaches everywhere in their room. The bartender was drunk at the hotel bar. The restaurant food and service was the absolute worse. There was throw up outside the door which was never completely cleaned so it smelled of vomit. You're lucky if you get room service everyday... We had to beg for clean towels. They changed the locks on all the doors on July 4th week. So there was banging and hammering mid day. The pools were nasty. The hot tub was made into a kiddie pool. How tacky. I could go on... I guess you get what you pay for. If you plan on staying here, Soren expect much.

• Stayed July 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a 3 night getaway. normally I'll stay at a big name resort like the hyatt Hilton so on. But we decided to stay here to get away. It is an average small hotel. No decor. Jail looking elevators. No fancy restaurants. Plain pool. The carpets downstairs were pretty dirty and wet but that's from people walking back and forth to the beach.

The hotel room was clean and smelled normal. The staff were friendly. The beach was clean and nice. This hotel is at the end of the strip so it was a very secluded stay. Nothing special but it wasn't as horrible as the others made it seem.

• Stayed August 2012
Guyton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decided to surprise my wife and take here on a little vacation. We have stayed at many hotels on myrtle beach but do to it being 4th of July week we were very limited on our stay. I decided to stay at this resort and when we checked in two of the four elevators were out of service and the two that worked had graffiti all over the walls. Then we entered our room that smelt musty and the bathroom door did not shut and the hot water would not adjust from hot to cold so we had to take a shower in scalding hot water. Then the first two days we were their room services was no were to be found so I went to front desk because the room phone didn't work and they said they don't service the rooms until you go to the front desk and ask for it which is the first time I have ever herd of that. I am not a person to ask for a refund or complain but for the money I spent to stay their was ridiculous.

Room Tip: Read all the reviews
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pttsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

sun n sands is your average hotel. we had a window ocean front view ,which was a really nice view. our room had two double beds and it says it can sleep up to 4 people but, I think the beds are way too small for two people! Everything was clean when we arrived. There was a little bit of a musty smell though. We did not get maid service for the week but, that is because we rented directly through the owner which was much cheaper than going through the actual hotel (half the cost). Overall it was a pretty decent hotel and can't complain with the price we paid and the great location we had!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Liberty, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have ony been here for 24 hours and I've had many problems arise. Starting at the front desk...the employee was extremely rude when she told me I would have to wait till 4pm to check in and it was 3:10 at the time. I tried to reason with her and she cut me off by saying, "mam! Check in is not till 4! When I finaly got in the room I noticed one of chairs was broken, the refrioater was the smallest they make and also broken. The hot tub did not work and mantnice said they don't turn it on in the summer because its too hot. I didn't know there was a season for hot tubs. Now I'm stitting outside my room waiting to get in because they changed the locks... Manager said sorry we're doing renovations. There was not warning for this change. Never stay here. my husband an I are looking for a room at the breakers!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We found the hotel clean, the restaurant was really good that is located within and reasonably priced. Rooms were small but nice. We had an oceanfront room and was awesome to sit out on the balcony. Its not a fancy hotel but was clean and right on the beach. The elevator is a little weary but we had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Sun N Sand Resort? Share your experiences!