“Average hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 217 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
New York City, New York
“Average hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a 3 night getaway. normally I'll stay at a big name resort like the hyatt Hilton so on. But we decided to stay here to get away. It is an average small hotel. No decor. Jail looking elevators. No fancy restaurants. Plain pool. The carpets downstairs were pretty dirty and wet but that's from people walking back and forth to the beach.

The hotel room was clean and smelled normal. The staff were friendly. The beach was clean and nice. This hotel is at the end of the strip so it was a very secluded stay. Nothing special but it wasn't as horrible as the others made it seem.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Turkish first
Guyton, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Decided to surprise my wife and take here on a little vacation. We have stayed at many hotels on myrtle beach but do to it being 4th of July week we were very limited on our stay. I decided to stay at this resort and when we checked in two of the four elevators were out of service and the two that worked had graffiti all over the walls. Then we entered our room that smelt musty and the bathroom door did not shut and the hot water would not adjust from hot to cold so we had to take a shower in scalding hot water. Then the first two days we were their room services was no were to be found so I went to front desk because the room phone didn't work and they said they don't service the rooms until you go to the front desk and ask for it which is the first time I have ever herd of that. I am not a person to ask for a refund or complain but for the money I spent to stay their was ridiculous.

Room Tip: Read all the reviews
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
pttsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

sun n sands is your average hotel. we had a window ocean front view ,which was a really nice view. our room had two double beds and it says it can sleep up to 4 people but, I think the beds are way too small for two people! Everything was clean when we arrived. There was a little bit of a musty smell though. We did not get maid service for the week but, that is because we rented directly through the owner which was much cheaper than going through the actual hotel (half the cost). Overall it was a pretty decent hotel and can't complain with the price we paid and the great location we had!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Liberty, South Carolina, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I have ony been here for 24 hours and I've had many problems arise. Starting at the front desk...the employee was extremely rude when she told me I would have to wait till 4pm to check in and it was 3:10 at the time. I tried to reason with her and she cut me off by saying, "mam! Check in is not till 4! When I finaly got in the room I noticed one of chairs was broken, the refrioater was the smallest they make and also broken. The hot tub did not work and mantnice said they don't turn it on in the summer because its too hot. I didn't know there was a season for hot tubs. Now I'm stitting outside my room waiting to get in because they changed the locks... Manager said sorry we're doing renovations. There was not warning for this change. Never stay here. my husband an I are looking for a room at the breakers!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Myrtle Beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We found the hotel clean, the restaurant was really good that is located within and reasonably priced. Rooms were small but nice. We had an oceanfront room and was awesome to sit out on the balcony. Its not a fancy hotel but was clean and right on the beach. The elevator is a little weary but we had a good stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My stay was frm June 13-17th. Ok when we got there...we had to wait about an hr and a half to get our room...but we arrived an hr b4 check-in. I was excited to be on vacay so it didnt bother me much. We get to the room...it was cleaned but a bit dusty in some areas. Seemed like a rush job to get us in the room quicker bcuz housekeeping was in the room when we got there. Call management and our room was cleaned that day. Next day we called for new sheets...it took them all day but it was done. We stayed four days...housekeeping came all of them with fresh towels and toiletries. I did have to empty my own trash a couple time...there was only one small can the room. Room was great....clean and it looked like the pictures...very pleased!!! Oceanfront view....breathe taking. Elevators were quick in the building..parking elevator not so much but wasnt that bad. Hotel lobby was nice and clean, didnt eat at the restaurant but it looked decent. It was deserted most of the time. Karokee at the bar was nice which is done on Fri. and Sat. They have a gameroom which was open only on Sat. for some odd reason. The Pool and surrounding area was nice and clean but i prefer the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful....and recommended great restaurants and directions. Damons Grill was excellent....we ate there twice....great barbque and their crabcakes and famous pecan sweet pototatoes are delicious and its walking distance frm the hotel, and you also must try Bonefish Grill which is way farther frm the resort but worth the trip. Try the Tilapia special with the garlic mash potatoes....excellent. Having a car did make the trip better since the hotel is far frm attractions. I really dont have any complients...im easygoing...i had a great 1st trip to MB and stay at the Sun and Sands.

• Stayed June 2013
Cosby, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The place is a dump!!! The elevator was very dirty. They swept the elevator and just left it, in a big pile in the elevator (it looked like they were trying to sweep it down the elevator shaft). The room was very humid and felt sticky. The coffee maker was missing the basket where you put the coffee in. I called the front desk and they insisted that i was using it wrong. I asked for a different one, they told me housekeeping wouldn't be there until 9am. They said they would check with maintenance to see if they could bring one up. They said I could purchase coffee in the restaurant. They did send someone up that brought extra coffee (why would i need extra coffee, if the coffeemaker isn't working). So I tried explaining to him (but there was a language barrier) and he finally took my coffeemaker and said he bring a new one in 5 min. Never seen him again. So we left the room and went to the restaurant. Which took awhile for someone to wait on us. The restaurant had no A/C, they had a fan set up, but did not help. The Hotel also overcharged me, But they did fix the mistake. Worst stay ever!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family