“Clean, cheap, & great staff!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Memorial Day Weekend
Ranked #185 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
hanover, wv
“Clean, cheap, & great staff!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

My name is tiffany. Me and my husband was turned onto this place by a friend. i can say i walked into the office, talked to them, and they set me right up. When we got to the room, and it smelled soo good. The room was perfect for me and my husband. The bathroom was so clean. I have read other reviews about this place and i can say, they must have been mad at someone and tried talking bad about the place cause i can say this, 1: NO BED BUGS!! I checked the beds when i came in cause they let me make sure this is the room i would like before i checked in. 2: no buggs. I have seen some of the cleanest places around here have buggs, but I haven't seen one yet. I am happy because of this. 3: the housekeepers did a great job cleaning the rooms. i am a former housekeeper at a resort and i can say the housekeepers were doing just what they are supposed to do. i have watched them and seen how they work. 4: the staff is like my best friends now. They have always been very nice and made sure if we needed something, we would get it. 5: The pools are very clean. Whoever takes care of them, does a really good job. ......... I have to say, if ur wanting a motel right in the heart of myrtle, thats clean, not hard on the pocket, and great service, come here. they will make sure you have a wonderful say :)

• Stayed April 2014
Landlubber LLC A, Owner at Aquarius Motels, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you for your review we appreciate your great review of our business. We are constantly working to make this a wonderful place for families to come to stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I recently moved from the Value Place in Carolina Forrest and have to say Hersch, Carla, Chuck at the front desk as well as the maintenance man and the cleaning lady were OUTSTANDING. I was on my way from CT to Fl and decided to stop in Myrtle Beach. I am still here after 18 months and have migrated one block from the beach to another Motel. There is a cleaning lady here who reminds me of them. She should be the manager. This women has a heart of gold and actual cares about the guests. Myrtle Beach looks to be growing with many hotels in the area taking on major reconstruction. The room I have is PERFECT for what I am doing as I play a charcter Motel Mel. There are two rooms in the building I am in with the cleaning storage room between me and the other guests. This gives me the perfect opportunity to write and play music without disturbing other guests. I just moved in so I hope to write another review once I feel out the area. It has been seven years since I moved from Fl and I would love to stay here so that I can get back into the ocean which is so beautiful here. If you ever think about a random vacation Myrtle Beach is truely a one of a kind place.

Room Tip: I have not been here long enough to comment on choosing rooms
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

we were in town on vacation and we wanted somewhere where we could be close to everything. the place was clean the people who work there was really nice and did anything we need from them it was not expensive and we really got to enjoy ourselves so i would recommend this hotel i had no bugs and slept great it was peaceful

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

My husband and I most recently enjoyed Valentine's Day weekend at the motel, and had a wonderful time. We had an immaculately clean room with a king size bed and a kitchenette. The prices are very affordable, and we could walk to everything along Ocean Boulevard and the Boardwalk. All of the staff was very courteous, and we had such a wonderful time that we have made reservations for Bike Week in May. The Aquarius is a great place to stay.
Susan Terzinski

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Sandy Springs, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I had a pretty good idea what we were going to getting into when we booked this. The outside of the hotel is dirty, but the rooms are cheap. We were just looking for a room for 1 night to stay close to the action on the boardwalk in MB. The rate was acceptable for a requested queen bed ($54 + tax.) Got to the room, and it was 2 double beds instead. Whatever....we didn't argue. We just needed a place to crash for the night. FYI, no shampoo, no phone, loud A/C, no wi-fi, no breakfast, and pretty dingy room/bathroom. The worst part was the next day - went to return my key, and the owner/manager did not even acknowledge our stay - he was talking on the phone, and when I arrived to give back the key, he just took it from me, never said "thank you" or "F-U" or anything. It was like, "Ok, we're done with you - leave!"

Whatever, it was one night and had a bed/shower.....

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
We apologize the quality wasn't met to your standard and it has been brought to our attention and we are doing everything possible to work on the complaints as received. We also have all new staffing this summer in all departments and have been working on upgrades.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This hotel is dirty. The rooms smell and the plumbing in almost every room is stopped up. There are roaches and bed bugs and I had to make a big deal about getting them to switch my room. I paid $100 dollar deposit and get it back unless I stay for 3 weeks in this hell hole. They won't give any info on the owner and threatened to kick me and my baby out if I had any more complaints. I will never stay here again and advise any one else against it. I wish I would have read reviews before I checked in. Not to mention there are no phones in any rooms.

• Stayed October 2013
Mesa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

We went after my son graduated from Basic Training in the Army. Never been to Myrtle Beach before and we didn't plan ahead. So I went in and asked how much it was and the gal said 79.99 so I told her I would think about it because I had seen a place for 50.00. She said she could not do 50 but could do 60 so I said OK and wanted to stay 2 nights. Thank God I didn't. The reason we didn't is because she said it would be 250 if I wanted to stay the next night because it was the weekend. So I said that's OK we'll just stay the one night and figure it out. So the room....VERY outdated and gross. I refused to even take a shower there. They had a little kichenette and refrigerator and the TV was also antiquated but they did have cable of some sort. Beds were OLD dirty mattresses which I refused to sleep under the covers! Yuck! and the floor in the bathroom was also gross. They were putting some kind of new fencing around the pool area and it's right by the boardwalk so alot of activity. I went to ask where a convenience store was and ended up standing outside talking to a VERY nice lady Sandy that worked there. Poor gal. We were chatting and she was filling me in about the area and all of a sudden here comes her boss yelling HEY! Get in here I need to talk to you a minute!!! So they go in the office but of course he is yelling so I can hear everything he is saying and He is yelling I DON'T PAY YOU TO F'N STAND AROUND AND TALK TO PEOPLE BLAH BLAH BLAH! It freaked me out, I was like WHOA I'm out of here. I mean I am a tenant there! She was giving me information and even IF he thought she was standing around not doing her job he could have discreetly asked her to come inside OUT of my earshot! OH and we had to pay a CASH 10 dollar key deposit for ONE key and had to show our receipt to get the 10 bucks back. Not a huge deal really but the kicker was the next morning we were supposed to be out by 11am. So at 9:30 am BAM BAM BAM on the door! I was like Wha?? So I answer it and I kid you not there is a toothless woman at my door with dirty towels in her hand asking if I wanted service! SERIOUSLY? We WERE sleeping or at least my son was until that rude awakening. So then after having to wait for about 20 minutes to get checked out I was loading stuff in the car and a couple walked by and they kept saying BED BUGS BED BUGS BED BUGS to me, and I said well it's OK cuz we're checking out. Next time I WILL do my homework. I don't mind staying in a low budget hotel, but I still want it to be CLEAN and I don't want to be woken up if I'm checking out that morning and I would never stay somewhere where the owner is a total jerk like that guy. I didn't complain to him because he could care less. He owns 4 motels down there and people keep coming and staying so be warned and stay if you dare!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aquarius Motels? Share your experiences!