“mom and pop done right” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
You added Admiral Motor Inn to your Saves list
300 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC   |
Ranked #55 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, North Carolina
“mom and pop done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

hotel rooms were cleaned daily with plenty of towels to. lori did a vantastic job getting what ever was needed which wasnt really anything cause they were on top of everthing we arrived two hours early before check in but shaun the manager asked that lori get our room read first and withing one hour we were in our clean cool ocean front room every morning they are cleaning the pool and spraying everthing down the view of the boardwalk and ocean is worth the room price alone also we liked that there was a breakfast buffet and several bars within walking distance of room also ripleys and the skywheel as well we enjoyed so much we may go back again before years is over thanks guys for making our vacation great

Room Tip: choose 2nd and 3rd floor ocean front you wont be sorry also the divided room is awesome like a doubl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Athens, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

So, i am used to taking my family to boutique places like Kimpton or Marriott resort type places...so...if that is what you are expecting, forget this hotel. My son and i wanted easy access to the beach, and no elevators, no bugs, and inexpensive. That is what we got. If you can deal with older, no theme rooms, this hotel will be fine. The staff were nice and responsive. Bring your own coffee and do not expect amenities like the hampton inn or others. I would say that whoever owns this place needs to put some cash into upgrading it. If you like to camp...this is an upgrade. We spent five days here and were out on the beach or the go the whole time. No loud parties, or other bothersome things happened while we were there. Everyone was well behaved. It just needs someone to wake up and care for it with some capital improvements. The staff do a good job and it is a clean safe place to stay!

Room Tip: 204 needs to be upgraded.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Gastonia, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I have stayed at the Admiral Inn for 5 yrs and I stay there 3 times a year... Very Disappointed to see that Teresa was no longer here.. Talked to Shaun the new manger and he was very nice. We stayed in Room 310 and that is the room I get every year.. The AC would not cool the room at night... Called the front desk no answer left a message no responded.. Walked next door to the sister hotel The Wind Surfer talked to them about it... One answer I got was we cant do anything about it tonight.. I said I understand then I was told... There is a Breeze blowing on the beach I could sleep with the balcony door open... Wow what a good answer that was just rude to me ...so the next night same thing... Called sister hotel again he said there was a work order in to have it looked at.. my last day here I have not had any feedback on the AC...The wireless internet is a joke you cant sign on called the sister hotel about it he said everyone decided to stay in there room tonight and everyone is trying to sign on at one time and it is over loading the system... This guy at the Windsurfer is really rude.. Then I was told the reason I could not get anyone at the Admiral Inn front desk is because it shuts down at 7pm.. So you have to go to the sister hotel the Windsurfer if you need anything... The place has really gone down since Teresa left...I will have to look some where else come Oct..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Erwin, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

have been staying at The Admiral for the past 3 years now and always enjoy it. We usually come down twice a year, stayed the week of May 18 , 2014 and had a great time, Shaun the new manager was very helpful and friendly, and housekeeping (Lori ) always goes out of her way to see that all the guest are taken care of. Our room was clean and beds are new, great place to stay, will be back for 14 days in Oct. can't wait!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hartsville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had a great stay with a full kitchen, two full beds. Clean Room,lots of towels. Great service. Low price in June for only $69.00. Sure If I had stayed more nights the rate would have been even less.RH

Room Tip: Located by the new Boardwalk next to the 2nd avenue pier. Walking distance to main MB Boardwalk gril...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I just finished reading all 219 Reviews on the Admiral Inn, and I was really amazed! Also I noticed it still ranks #55 out of the 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach. That is really saying something for the Admiral Inn being older, and called a Mom and Pop Place, with no fancy frills, in many of the reviews listed in here. There sure are some fine Hotels in Myrtle Beach, for the Little Old Admiral Inn to rank #55! And it is even harder to believe there are only 16 horrible reviews out of 219, that are written against the other 203 Great reviews!! There are actually 6 more bad reviews written, but they were very moderate, with many compliments included. Nothing like the most 16 despicable ones. Just stop and think how many people have stayed here and loved it, that never even wrote reviews about the Admiral Inn. Anyone who reads my review can surely put two and two together here. Always equaled four in my book! The numbers are over whelming! Wouldn't it be kind of hard for anyone to say that 203 people have written totally incorrect reviews on this hotel, and that you should believe only, what the 16 disappointed angry people said about this place? I certainly don't think so! But: that would be for you to decide, after reading this review.

I have been staying at this hotel for 6 years now. I always stay for 6 to 8 weeks in Sept. and Oct. every year. I have stayed in 3 different rooms now, and visited in several of the other rooms, but room #307 is my favorite! It has a great view, New Beds and new Carpet, just newly painted in the winter of 2012 also! Not to mention a new flat screen TV in this room now! The commode, sink and bathtub plumbing works perfect in this room, every time I have stayed here! Any drain at anytime could get stopped up, by someone flushing a wash cloth down the commode, or by pouring a lot of grease down the kitchen sink. Which many people have been guilty of before. Drains do not stop up on their on. And this is certainly not the Owner's fault!

I think everyone will miss Joe and Teresa, but everyone should be happy for them. They worked very long hard hours for 12 long years! And left on absolute friendly terms with the owner! They just wanted to better themselves, as they grow nearer to retirement age. It is not the end of the family oriented environment, at the Admiral Inn. It's up to the people who keep coming here to visit, share great food, deserts, and conversation, to keep this hotel as our great vacation place! I have already heard good things about Shaun, and the way he has things under control! I hear nothing but good about this new manager and how friendly, and accommodating he is! So please! Don't go running off nowhere else because Teresa and Joe are gone. You can go visit them all you want, next door at the Mini Mart or Scooby Doo's. I'm sure not going anywhere else this coming Sept. 2014! I will be there! And I want to see all my good friends back there too this year!

And I must mention that you can park on the Windsurfer side now, if all the parking gets full on the Admiral side. And for goodness sake! Don't park in front of a MB City Owned Parking Meter, unless you put money in them! Or you will get a Ticket. The owner or the manager has no control over this matter. The parking meters are for the Beach Access customers, that want to go down on the Beach for the day! And don't forget: When you stay at the Admiral Inn you are welcome to go in the Hot Tub, or the heated indoor Pool at the Windsurfer next door!

Please read all my other reviews on the Admiral Inn? All the good stuff are in the other ones! I just felt like writing this one, after reading 219 reviews! This Little Admiral Inn deserves a big "WOW" Sincerely, Jimmy J's from, TN. "The real Beachcomber"

Room Tip: Tell Shaun what you prefer, and He will show you the available rooms before you decide. If you have...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
SBMGMT, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Beachcomber1966,

307 is a great room! We appreciate you staying with us once again and could agree all the positive things you pointed out about the Admiral Motor Inn!

We thank you for coming to Sandy Beach year after year and staying with us. Yes, we have continued every year to upgrade the property and the rooms.

Yes Shaun is a great GM and will continue on the path to ensuring everyone that stays at the motel has a great time!

Thanks for all your kind words,

Albemarle, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

We have been staying here for years. Before we went this time found out Teresa was not there anymore. New manager sounded nice, however rates had went up 20.00 from last April and Octobers prices. Stayed in a room we had never stayed before view much better but room had issues. Light flicked for 3 0r 4 nites. finally fixed right b4 we left. A/C blew out black stuff in the room, tub would not drain, had to hold stopper up by hand. Manager nice, but never saw him out and about like Teresa. She would be around and on each floor during the day. This is a small mom & pop type hotel where you are use to interacted with guest as well as management. We were offered help to our room and at check out which was a blessing and housekeeping did try and help as you needed. However still disappointed, will have to rethink if staying there in October.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
SBMGMT, Public Relations Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
KathyH8159,

We are glad you chose Admiral Motor Inn again. The 2014 year will be better than ever. The Admiral Inn is the same place as it has always been with clean and affordable rooms with parking right at the motel.

We are fortunate to have a new manager, Shaun, who like you said is nice and will be doing a great job. We have the same house-keeping staff to ensure rooms will be like they have always been in the past. Please give Shaun a call today and he will be happy to take care of you!

Thanks
Admiral Motor Inn

Been to Admiral Motor Inn? Share your experiences!