“I'm Going Back This Year!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Admiral Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Admiral Motor Inn
You added Admiral Motor Inn to your Saves list
300 N Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC   |
Ranked #52 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Burkburnett, Texas
“I'm Going Back This Year!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I spent two weeks in September 2012 with my husband on the third floor. Loved it. Quiet, clean and right on the beach. Close to the 2nd Avenue Pier. The boardwalk is right behind the building. Joe and Teresa were just as helpful and nice as they were the first time I stayed here. I love this place! Joe keeps the pool and the entire area around the hotel very clean. Teresa was kind and helpful. The room was clean. The view from the balcony was perfect. I will say, if you want a perfect room, go somewhere else. You won't get it, even though you'll pay a lot more money for it. This is an old building. It's been here for a long time. But like they say in the real estate business: location, location, location! Add in how nice Joe and Teresa are, how clean the pool area is, plus a decent room and a decent price for it, you can't lose.

Room Tip: Third floor view of the ocean! Awesome. There is not an elevator, so anyone with health issues or a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for your most recent review for your stay with us,we look forward to seeing you every year and we are glad to know we have met your vacation needs for years.We will be seeing you again soon and again thanks for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Johnson City, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

As long as Joe and Teresa are the Managers of The Admiral Inn, and as long as Crystal is working in "Housekeeping" I wouldn't stay anywhere else on the beach! Crystal is the best maid they have ever had! And I know she is very honest. It means a lot, when you can go out to eat, or go off and stay for 2 days with your relatives, and know that everything you own, will still be in your room, when you get back! I have done that many times when I stay here. I have stayed here 5 times in the past 4 years now, and I have never had anything taken from my room. Including my medications. This reason alone, makes up for it being a Mom and Pop Motel! I am a very street wise person, because I just recovered from being homeless 5 years ago. I never turned to drugs or alcohol like many others. But I have been around it for 8 years. I had a good job, but lived payday to payday. And when my employer closed down, I had no money and nowhere to go. I finally found another job, and a good friend, who owned an empty warehouse, for me to live in for free. I worked hard for 8 years and made a great recovery! I now have a nice apartment. And for the past 4 years, I have stayed 4 to 6 weeks every year, at The Admiral Inn, for my vacation. "Nothing" not even my medications, or the more espensive items, have ever come up missing, when I leave my room for the whole day. I would like to make a suggestion to all Hotel owners: When anyone checks into your Motel or Hotel, you will have to ask them if they have any medical problems that require a very addictive controlled substance? If they do? Make them sign a statement, and show that they have it in their possession. And also doccument the amount of the controlled substance they have with them. All Motels have a safe, and will lock up any vital possesions that you carry with you. That way it eliminates the possible chance of anyone stealing it from your room, and it also eliminates the owners, the managers, and the maids from any liability.I know first hand, that any medications like heart medicine, blood thinners, or diabetic medications, will never be stolen anyway. Because of my "street-wise" knowledge of 8 years, I can assure you of that. It is the biggest scam going in the world now, to accuse someone of taking your Lortabs, Oxicontin, Klonpins, Zanax, Methadone, ect. In order to obtain more than what you are prescribed for. And believe me, you better call it "Prescription" Drugs, if you are going to carry something like that with you, on a vacation! If you have a very serious medical condition, that requires a controlled substance in order for you to survive in life, then you are never ever going to leave it in your motel room. It has to be on you at all times, and you cannot miss one dose of it, or you could end up in the emergency room of a hospital, or even die without it! So: all I ask, is for everyone to consider all these facts before you turn against Joe, Teresa, and Crystal. Why would anyone have a housekeeper arrested for theft, If they have already determined, that it was someone else, who has stolen your possesions? I don't know what you will do next year? But I am going back in 2013 for my wonderful vacation at The Admiral Motor Inn! Sincerely, The Beachcomber1966. Please read my other 4 reviews!

Room Tip: Consult the managers of your needs.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thanks so much for your wonderful review for your most recent stay with us.You have become family,we look forward to seeing you every year and enjoy the time you are their with us.We have a very small property and its nothing fancy,just a great mom and pop place that is clean and affordable.The admiral inn is not for everyone, but if you are looking for a clean and relaxing place to stay then it is great.We look forward to seeing you in september and again thanks for the great review.
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was looking forward to staying at a great family run motel, but instead, my prescription drugs and other valuables were stolen. The housekeeper was charged with theft and her husband with fraud for misrepresenting himself as the true owner of my other valuables that were stolen. Keep your valuables and prescription drugs on you at all times.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
I am responding to this review because we have never had a theft problem on our property and if the housekeeper was charged with theft only means they will be court action due to what you stated and she can prove on her behalf,i hate that medicine came up missing but we can not be responsible for everything that someone says happens,you waited 7 months to write a review about this instead of when it happened.I have never had a issue with theft as you can read all reviews and things can happen and i know that but
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nice Clean Motel. Teresa and Joe keep this place clean. There is not a nicer cleaner place on the beach than the Admiral Inn. It's at the corner of 3rd Ave North and the Blvd. Has a great place you can sit and watch the blvd. Best Place ever.

Room Tip: Pool Side is wonderful
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thanks for your great review for your stay with us.We are so happy that we have made you happy for so many years.The admiral inn is not for everyone,but we are a clean and safe place to enjoy your beach vacation.We try very hard to maintain our place to each persons needs.We no longer take anyone under 25 in order to keep our hotel a family vacation destination.We now have new pillow top beds in most of our ocean front rooms and will continue till all is done.We look forward to seeing you in march,we are now closed for the season ,however we will reopen feb 1st 2013 see you then.
Concord, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

After staying a week with Teresa and Joe it is hard to come home. I feel like family when I stay there.
We have stayed there many times. The rooms are spotless and if you have a problem, they help you with it.
Have a great off season and we will see you in the spring
Jackie

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks so much for taking the time to post a review for your most recent stay with us.We look forward to seeing you all every year and we are so glad that we have been your choice of places to stay in myrtlebeach.We are a small place with very little frills and all we offer is clean and a very friendly place to come to every year.Thanks again and we will see you all soon.
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Upon checking into the Admiral Motor Inn motel I was not notified where to park. The previous day, my family checked into the motel, and they also were not notified to avoid parking at metered parking spots. We both parked at a metered parking spot located alongside the establishment; however, I was unfortunately ticketed. Shocked upon receipt of the ticket, my husband and I entered the office to inquire where we were permitted to park, and why we were not notified about the active metered parking located alongside their establishment. The management of the Admiral Motor Inn responded very unprofessionally by stating that everyone knows if you park at a meter you have to pay. We only stayed at the establishment for approximately 9 hours before we were unjustly evicted. Throughout those 9 hours, we were only onsite for approximately 4 hours. However, those 4 hours were extremely uncomfortable and unwelcoming. We were verbally harassed, disrespected and violated by the management of the Admiral Motor Inn. My family and I were repeatedly called ignorant, uneducated, and illiterate. I was on a family vacation with my husband, mother-in-law and 18 month old daughter. We were excited to spend a few days at Myrtle Beach; however, the reality was we experienced the worst vacation in our lives! At approximately 1100pm, we had to wake up my 18 month old daughter and pack our belongings, as we were informed that we had 30 minutes to vacate the premises. We were unjustly evicted from the premises with no refund, and nowhere to go! Our family vacation turned into a nightmare! I hope this review will be beneficial and assist others in making their reservations, God Bless.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I am going to reply to this review by saying i would never disrespect any guest on my property,i have never had anyone to ever post a review because they were ticketed in the meters,which has nothing to do with my property,i am so sorry you were ticketed but i have to maintain my property to keep all guests satisfied not just one and i am sorry i had to ask you and your family to leave the property,but i can not have guests disrespecting me and my property.I have a lot of very happy guests that stay here each year and return every year.All i can say is i am sorry we was not able to satisfy you and your family,god bless and good luck.
Berlin, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

A nice place to stay with very friendly staff and reasonable rates; old-fashioned but charming and clean and - and I think that's also important! - free parking and WiFi.
I travelled alone and felt very safe in this motel.

• Stayed September 2012
angelMyrtlebeachSc, General Manager at Admiral Motor Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Thanks so much for your review for your stay with us.We are happy to hear you enjoyed our place and felt safe.Your review lets other potential guests see how you rated our property.We are a small older property,with no frills,but we do maintain a clean and safe place for you to come and relax and enjoy the beach.We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Been to Admiral Motor Inn? Share your experiences!