You added Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons to your Saves list
Ranked #63 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Concord, North Carolina
“Old”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed one night and the Red Roof Inn, Myrtle Beach was not even close to the other Red Roof Inns I have stayed in. Building in & out looked old and beat-up.
Room was semi clean except for the window; which looked like it never had been cleaned! Dirty around of the edges of the walls. Fridge & microwave looked old & beat-up. Bathroom was clean & well equipped. I could tell this one had been updated by the bathroom; that’s why I was so disappointed.
Now for the positive; STAFF WAS GREAT!!!! Right by airport, but couldn’t tell when in the room. Bed was comfortable. Price was nice.

Room Tip: You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for telling us about your experience with us. I want you to know that I appreciate you sharing your concerns so that they can be properly addressed. I appreciate you nice comments about my staff and the nice comfortable bed.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Weston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed with my wife and puppy in March. 2013, Clean rooms, hallways, and lobby. Bathroom was spotless. Coffee in lobby 1440 minutes a day. Will book again. Doggie had a happy stay. Too early in the season for breakfast, so no comment. All staff members were very friendly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice comments about our property. Our continental breakfast which includes hot waffles starts in Mid-May and continues through Labor Day. We look forward to seeing you and your Doggie again the next time you are in Myrtle Beach.
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

This has to be one of my favorite Red Roof Inns, as I travel 4 states for a living, and when I am in Myrtle Beach, I look forward to staying at this property. The staff, Janet, Christine, and Bill, always are extremely friendly, and helpful. This property has a heated pool, and is very quiet and safe, and the rooms are very well maintained, and functional. It is not on the beach, but the rates are very reasonable and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for the nice review! I believe we have the friendliest staff in Myrtle Beach and appreciate your kind comments regarding them. My staff and I look forward to your next visit with us.
Sanford, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We have stayed in this hotel twice in the past two years, and both times it has been a pleasant experience. The room was clean, the heating/cooling system functioned as designed, and the ammenities were as advertised. Also, this hotel is pet friendly, which is another reason we like it. It is also reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Ground floor, rear of the building is a good selection.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Frank; I am so glad you chose to come see us again this year and appreciate you taking the time to write a review on trip advisor. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to Myrtle Beach
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed there with my two daughters and found the hotel nice, clean and pleasant. the staff was very friendly also. The location was close to most actives (10-15 min) and the traffic wasn't too bad near there. The pool was clean and it was a pet friendly hotel. They do however ask you not to leave your pet alone in the hotel.

Room Tip: the breakfast buffet is seasonal and I was told that it starts in May (I think) so, it's best to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay at the Red Roof Inn in Myrtle Beach. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the beach.
Roswell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been staying at this location for years and Janet the desk agent always does a good job getting me situated in the right room for me.
The past couple of of years the place was getting a bit run down, but with the new renovations it's as good or better than ever.
Last time it was musty and damp, but this time the rooms are clean, fresh and dry.
The down side is the place is pet friendly, and I love dogs, but they should all be on a sound proof floor. Other than that I couldn't ask for more.
I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The poolside rooms open to the outside, but if you're not a smoker and/or have a sensitivity to...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to write a review about our property. We are glad you came back as well. I was glad to hear you liked the changes we made during our last renovation and look forward to your comments on Red Roof Inns next generation of renovations that is taking place across the country as we speak. Once we complete a properties renovation we then make the Hotel smoke free. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
White Plains, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Cons: room was dirty (had not been vacuumed), bathtub wall has not been cleaned, beds are extremely low to the ground, found bug in sheets (when maintenance came to change our sheets he threw the clean sheets on the floor and proceeded to tell us that the place had been exterminated last week and that he had no idea how to make a bed, which was very obvious), toilet pipe leaked and the floor was full of water (when we called about getting it fixed no one came. we stopped at the front desk on the way out for breakfast and the lady at the front desk made a snarky comment about it probably being from us getting out of the shower. this would be impossible seeing that it was fine when we went to bed and the bathroom floor was full of water when we woke up)

Pros: cheap hotel, coffee/tea in lobby, waffle house right next door, great pancake house across the street, not a far drive from the beach

Room Tip: Stayed in Room 335 which had a view of the pool and was right next to a elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I sincerely apologize. I understand your dissatisfaction and concern. I will be addressing the issues you brought up with my staff to ensure they do not occur again. . I hope you will give us a try the next time you are in Myrtle Beach, I am sure your next stay with us will exceed your expectations.

Been to Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons? Share your experiences!