“My Home Away From Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Wilmington, North Carolina
“My Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I stay at this property weekly for business. The rooms are clean and nice and the staff always treats me like a member of the family.Christine & Janet are great at the front desk. Rebecca is very good in Housekeeping.
Dave the GM is always helpful....so whether your staying for one night or weeks on end.....I highly reccomend "The Roof".....

Room Tip: Choose a ground fllor "poolside" these rooms open into the pool and a great place to go ou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to tell about your experiences at the Red Roof Inn in Myrtle Beach. We always look forward to seeing our repeat guests. My staff and I look forward to your next visit with us.

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Kannapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

With my job I have to stay in Myrtle Beach twice a week. Over the past twelve years I've stayed in a few different motels. But the last six years I've stayed at the Red Roof. The staff is always friendly and helpful. As long as I've been there, they have become my friends. The rooms are always clean and comfortable. Janet is always at the front desk ready to get me to my room, reminding me of my wakeup call. It's only a seven minute walk to the beach. It's a great place to stay and I would recommend it to anyone that's looking for a nice get away just off the beach.
Roger Luckey..... Kannapolis, N.C.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank You Roger for your nice comments. We look forward to seeing you every time you are in town and feel that you are part of our Red Roof Inn family.
Bluffton, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Great Staff working hard to make your stay pleasant. Any issues in room were taken care of. Well behaved pets welcome. It makes their job easier if everyone cleans up after their pets, it only takes a minute to pick up the poop and put it in trash can ! Very well priced, rooms fairly quiet and beds comfortable. More channels would be nice... Early Nov 2012. Rm 105

Room Tip: My AC unit was noisy, so used fan mode alot.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback and the kind words regarding my staff. I will be sure to pass on your comments to them. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Myrtle Beach.
Rittman, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this location in July in 2011 and had no problems - great price and location. A short walk to the beach and just what you would expect, comfort wise for the money you're paying - we like to travel on a budget!

Unfortunately, we didn't realize that this hotel accepted pets into its rooms when we booked online for this year. Not only did our room smell like dog pee, but the morning breakfast was just a couple dinky muffins ... oh, and the beds were hard as rocks!

The customer service was great, the coffee was also very tasty. I can't really complain too much because the room (a king bed) was only $55 a night during the week and like I said, good location. But we were also in the off-season and probably could've found a similar value that didn't smell like pee.

Room Tip: Try to ask if there are rooms that aren't used by pets!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel; however, we try hard to ensure that guests without pets are not affected by this. We give rooms that had pets in them extra attention when they check out. I am sorry that we did not succeed in this during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. I promise we will give you an odor free room.
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a decent place if you don't mind the occasional outburst of dogs barking. This is a pet friendly hotel. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. During the summer season they have a pretty good breakfast setup in the lobby. This hotel is a block or so off the beach but still in a pretty good location.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool...ask for a ground floor room with patio door to the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel. If we learn of any pets disturbing other guests we contact the owner immediately to ensure this does not continue. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Myrtle Beach.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times and depending upon the season, the rates are very
competitive. Most of the rooms have been renovated and some now have the
flat screen TVs in the rooms. (I find this useful because I can now hook up my laptop
to the TV with my HDMI cable and have a huge computer monitor!)

The staff has always been friendly and warm and the rooms clean and smelling
fresh.

They have a beautful pool and if you want to go to the beach, it's only a
block away.

It is a little remote from the restaurants, but it's not a long drive to get to any
number of them.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool; it's a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It’s always a pleasure to know we were able to make your stay in Myrtle Beach enjoyable. We looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area.

Been to Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons? Share your experiences!