“Kinda stinky, but good location.” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2801 South Kings Highway, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577   |
Ranked #68 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Rittman, Ohio
“Kinda stinky, but good location.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My family and I stayed at this location in July in 2011 and had no problems - great price and location. A short walk to the beach and just what you would expect, comfort wise for the money you're paying - we like to travel on a budget!

Unfortunately, we didn't realize that this hotel accepted pets into its rooms when we booked online for this year. Not only did our room smell like dog pee, but the morning breakfast was just a couple dinky muffins ... oh, and the beds were hard as rocks!

The customer service was great, the coffee was also very tasty. I can't really complain too much because the room (a king bed) was only $55 a night during the week and like I said, good location. But we were also in the off-season and probably could've found a similar value that didn't smell like pee.

Room Tip: Try to ask if there are rooms that aren't used by pets!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
David H, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel; however, we try hard to ensure that guests without pets are not affected by this. We give rooms that had pets in them extra attention when they check out. I am sorry that we did not succeed in this during your stay. I hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to Myrtle Beach. I promise we will give you an odor free room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Lexington, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a decent place if you don't mind the occasional outburst of dogs barking. This is a pet friendly hotel. The rooms were nice and clean. The beds were surprisingly comfortable. During the summer season they have a pretty good breakfast setup in the lobby. This hotel is a block or so off the beach but still in a pretty good location.

Room Tip: If you plan on using the pool...ask for a ground floor room with patio door to the pool area.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your nice comments regarding our hotel. We are a pet friendly hotel. If we learn of any pets disturbing other guests we contact the owner immediately to ensure this does not continue. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in Myrtle Beach.
Asheville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have stayed here numerous times and depending upon the season, the rates are very
competitive. Most of the rooms have been renovated and some now have the
flat screen TVs in the rooms. (I find this useful because I can now hook up my laptop
to the TV with my HDMI cable and have a huge computer monitor!)

The staff has always been friendly and warm and the rooms clean and smelling
fresh.

They have a beautful pool and if you want to go to the beach, it's only a
block away.

It is a little remote from the restaurants, but it's not a long drive to get to any
number of them.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the pool; it's a nice view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. It’s always a pleasure to know we were able to make your stay in Myrtle Beach enjoyable. We looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to our area.
Buffalo, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

This is our 2nd time here and we are very pleased. My husband and I come here for a night before we go and meet our family in our condo. We are able to bring our dog. Its so nice to be able to find a pet friendly hotel. We got into town earlier than planned and staff let me check in at noon.....instead of waiting til 3pm. Our room was simple but we didn't need anything fancy. It was clean and cool with a/c. Pools were clean. Really cant complain....will come back again next year!

• Stayed August 2012
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

My family stayed here for a short get a way before the kids went back to school. The place was clean, the desk attendants were very friendly and knowledgeable, We had a wonderful stay and no complaints at all. Very convenient location to the beach and nicely priced. I would highly recommend staying here and we will be returning next summer.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Charleston, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

I love animals and have pets of my own but I felt like I was staying in a Kennel, not a hotel!
There were barking dogs in the hallways and most of the rooms. Do they have a sign on the hotel that says "Bring your dog here to vacation?"

I needed to be in Myrtle Beach on business for 3 nights. August is packed with tourists and the hotels "show no mercy" on their rates. The rooms were $134 a night for a RED ROOF INN. I actually stayed there because all the 3 star hotels I called were booked for the weekend and this hotel got a fairly decent rating on Tripadvisor.

These were the worst beds I ever saw in a hotel. They sagged so badly in the center, I felt like I was in a sink hole!
The rooms smelled musty and there were absolutely no frills.
The stairways were filthy and the hallways were loud and dirty.
I did manage to stay 2 nights but enough was enough. Dogs were barking hours on end and people running up and down the hallways all night.

There was a positive side to all of this. The hotel staff was outstanding and did what ever was in their power to change. They offered a better room at no charge and did not charge me for the second night. I moved out anyway.
The rooms were actually clean, unlike the rest of the hotel. The lighting was good and the bathrooms looked newly remodeled. Nice flat screen TV's.
But what's up with the beds? That should be a huge priority. Those beds should have been replaced ages ago.

Bottom line: Lovely hotel staff. Crappy hotel. Would not return!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Red Roof Inn Myrtle Beach Hotel - Market Commons? Share your experiences!