For starters, after advising the clerk that I was driving a conversion van and asked specifically about garage height clearance, I was directed to a parking lot that would not accommodate my vehicle. Unsure of what else to do, I parked in a reserved space and walked the block back to the desk only to be informed that I could not park there and was vaguely directed, with tone and attitude to an uncovered gravel parking lot yet another block away! This made the transition very much a burden and extrememly inconvenient. After returning from my marathon walk, I had not previously noticed that the entrance to the building was on an eight step platform which meant there was no unloading luggage and belongings directly onto a cart without a 25 ft trip up and down eight stairs. Just around the corner awaited 2 elevators which may or may not work at any given time. (It gets better!)
After asking for and paying for a smoking room we noticed no ashtray. When we inquired, we were informed that smoking was only allowed on the balcony! (It gets even better!)
When we entered the room, there was no evidence of water dripping, but as soon as any of the faucets were used, they continued an annoying drip throughout our stay! I won't even comment on the television remote, which had a mind of its own. No extra pillows for the bed, the towels were rough and old. After returning to the room our first evening, we were surprised to see that we had received no maid service.(Oh wait!)
The air conditioning system reminded me of my grandmother's old refrigerator. It was an unyielding whistle/roar through which no-one could possibly sleep! Thank God!, An inept maintenance man was sent to our rescue! His assessment was that it was unfixable....and he elaborated that some of the older units were currently being replaced, but that they just hadn't gotten around to this one yet!! Upon our departure, we pleaded our case with the manager on duty, her reply was simply "sorry." At $200 per night I expected a little more! Never again!!!!! BEWARE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina