“Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 214 hotels in Myrtle Beach
Somerset, Kentucky
“Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband, daughter and I just returned from our week at The Breakers in Myrtle Beach. I booked (as I am reading from recent reviews that many others did) through Groupon since there was an unbeatable offer available. We did not think a vacation was feasible for us this year since we have had out of the ordinary financial obligations this year. When I found the Groupon deal, I immediately booked but to be honest, wasn't expecting much. I read several reviews and it seemed that overall the feeling about the resort was so-so. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised! We drove through the night from Kentucky and the staff worked with us to allow us to check in earlier than planned. We were so thankful since our one year old was miserable. Driving through the night was NOT her thing. When we walked into our room I was pleased to see that it wasn't the "closet" I was expecting. I thought for sure because we chose the cheap route and booked the cheapest room, we would get exactly what we paid for. The room was very nice, clean, had a small kitchenette, and a nice balcony that while not ocean view, we could see the ocean through the palm trees and see the pool below. We were so thankful to have an opportunity to relax from our high stress jobs in a nice setting without killing our bank account. The pools were fantastic, beach access was great, and restaurants and shopping were within walking distance. And for those of you that love the beach, but don't care much about the sand....They have a fabulous grassy area right at the edge of the sand with lounge chairs where you can sit and enjoy the ocean without being covered in sand! That was my favorite part outside of seeing my daughter's excitement of being at the beach. I have always preferred going south and never really been a fan of Myrtle Beach, but after this stay at the Breakers, I have a feeling we will be visiting more often. My only complaint would be the wi-fi. I had read in reviews that it did not work properly, and it did not work when we arrived. However, that is not a deal breaker for me but I understand that it can be for someone else. I loved The Breakers and will absolutely visit again in the future. Thank you for making our "cheap" vacation much more than we expected it to be!

Room Tip: Resort View can still be Ocean View! Just go up past the 2nd level.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
We are pleased to hear that you and your family had a great vacation with us and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon!

1,783 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in the Palms building. Ocean front room. The resort itself is very clean. Every morning they had people washing down all the walkways. The pools are cleaned every morning as well. They have a gym in this building which was nice. There are a ton of pools and hot tubs. My 3 children loved the lazy river!! We enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed an extra night!

The restaurant on site, The Red Parrot, has really good food! Reasonably priced as well.

Great location! We were in walking distance to so much!

While we were there, we enjoyed some entertainment. We went to the Pirate Voyage dinner/show. It was awesome! If you have kids they will love it and so will you! We also went to Medieval Times. We had a good time but not as much as the Pirate show.

We had a great time and would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your comments and hope you and your family return again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

We went down the 3rd week in September and the weather was beautiful. The Breakers had something for everyone in our family. My husband and I enjoyed the beach and hot tubs. While the teens enjoyed the lazy river and pools. We also received a great package where we could get unlimited movies for viewing before bed and freebies with Nascar Race Park and a show. The concierge also led us to some great eating establishments at Murrells Inlet and Barefoot Landing. The Breakers is located near everything!!! We will be back next year for our Beach trip!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for choosing the Breakers Resort for your recent beach trip. We are pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

The stay was wonderful the view from the balcony was beautiful will count as one nice to stay for elderly or young peoples there is something for all day time kids adventure and nite time as we say grown folk time

• Stayed September 2013
BreakersManager, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for choosing The Breakers Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all that we have to offer. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Huntersville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We love staying here! This is a great place to stay. We used a Groupon purchase this time and stayed in a Oceanfront Suite. The room was very nice and it had a beautiful view of the ocean. We ate the restaurant across the street. The buffet was excellent! There was a wide variety of food to choose from. Everyone loved it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Manager2006, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you enjoy staying with us and that our room and breakfast were a hit. We look forward to seeing you again!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

My mom, sister, and I stayed at Breakers for a family reunion/wedding. My mom has been coming for the reunion for several years and always reserves the same rooms. The staff was friendly and helpful. We could time them, they were so punctual. At 11:30 each day, housekeeping serviced our rooms. The breakfast buffet and Red Parrot restaurant were delicious & affordable. There was even a pizza place, ice cream ,and Starbucks. Navigating the 1st parking deck across from the hotel was a disaster, but all other parking was a breeze. I would've loved room service, but I didn't walking to the Red Parrot to pick up my lunch. All in all, the best trip ever! I can't wait until next year, my other sister will be joining us during our stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Manager2006, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, September 20, 2013
We are pleased to hear you and your family had a great time with us during the reunion/wedding and that we made a great first impression on you! We appreciate your review and a happy to hear that you will return next year and introduce your other sister to our Breakers experience!
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for 4 days with a Groupon purchase. Stayed in an Oceanfront suite. Had a nice view. Very crowded beach. Really just about what I expected for the price I paid. Had I not have gotten the suite with the Groupon discount I would have been disappointed.

Room Tip: Pay up for the Oceanfront vs the Oceanview rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that everything was to your expectations. We appreciate your review and hope you will stay with us again in the future.

Been to The Breakers Resort? Share your experiences!