Fantastic service on the WestJet flight from Toronto.
Stayed in the Paradise tower - 18th floor
Room was clean & well furnished and cleaning staff were great. Only issue was the Wi-Fi only worked 2/3rds of the time. Dishwasher and 3 TVs (2 bdrm) were nice amenities. Free DVD rentals - very current titles! The Ocean view on the balcony was astounding...and we also had a good view out of the north-facing floor to ceiling windows.
6 pools to use - take time to check them out - some were busy while others empty. Kids loved the lazy river. Hot tubs everywhere, but for me a bit too hot at 103F.
Beach was nice...but a bit gritty; seams of broken shells can be sharp; maybe wear water shoes. If your kids love big waves...they never stop here. One report of a shark in the water near us, but incidents are extremely rare...just stay away from the piers and schools of small fish. The guidebook the hotel gives you says you should never go beyond shoulder depth - you don't need to to have waves going over your head!
Our first weekend was Black Biker weekend...some cool bikes and cars, but a bit too much of a party if you want tranquility. It all ends memorial Day morning.
There were always available chairs on the property (No leaving towels on chairs before 9am! awesome rule!) On the beach there are chairs & umbrellas for rent by the city(?), but the price was $25 a day, so most just sit empty. We bought great beach chairs at K-mart for $6 intending to throw them away but strapped them to our luggage and WestJet said it was ok. Couldn't use the beach umbrella as MB has an ordinance whereby all umbrellas need to be in a row....too far from the water for us. Kmart was cheaper for supplies than the infinite beach shops. For groceries we went to Target...good prices compared to the convenience stores near the hotel. Piggly Wiggly is walking distance and we likely should've checked it for groceries..
Walking distance to the top ranked mini-golf course (Captain Hook's - $9/10, but worth it) and 10 minutes to the main boardwalk. Ben & Jerry's, Starbucks McD's and Pizza all within a block.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina