“Nice staff - Great location - Awesome Oceanfront Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Oceanfront rooms - $59
Ranked #19 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Nice staff - Great location - Awesome Oceanfront Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed in a very nice Oceanfront room. Excellent location for all of the Myrtle Beach tourist attractions (very close to Broadway at the beach, Dixie Stampede, Ripleys, the sky ferris wheel, popular restaurants, etc). Very friendly staff. We had a great time, and we will be back :)

Room Tip: Oceantfront is the very best - and usually not much more money.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
Walhalla, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed here from Dec. 26th until Jan. 2nd. We went for a relaxing trip. Housekeeping was great. They did not bother us at all when we had the "do not disturb"sign out. Did great on cleaning days! The rooms are very spacious and were very clean. The only suggestions that I would make is they get the curved shower rods. (I really don't like touching the curtain.) And a full sized fridge for those of us who stay longer than a weekend. We loved the private balcony!! We stayed on the 9th floor and the views were great!! We were there for New Years and the fireworks were right in front of our room! We got to sit on the balcony and watch them. This was our first time here, but definitely not our last!! Thanks Breakers!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
raleigh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed during the christmas break 2012. Stay was excellent. we stayed on 9th floor. Great view and great customer service. Pools were great. weather was good enough to walk on the beach too. Clean and new wall paper looking great in all rooms, kitchen was good with new granite counters. we have been going here for the last 5 years and this time we felt as new place as they replaced the wall paper. Looks new and nice. Onsite restaurant was great. we sure go back again... kids loved it and we all wish we stayed longer but i told kids next time....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure and the conveniences in the hotel are why we come back. The Starbucks, restaraunt, bar, pizza, yogurt, wine stores are great! Perfect location for families that travel and want to enjoy experiences from North Myrtle to Murrells Inlet:) Everything within 2 blocks if you don't want to drive at all!! I love the Breakers!

• Stayed December 2012
Charlotte NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I have been going to the Breakers every Christmas for almost 20 years now. For the last 10 years I have stayed on the top floors of the Paradise Tower. This past visit on 12/25-12/29/12 was the WORST I have ever had from this resort. In previous years, my request was always granted for either 1-2 of my choices, this year, neither request was granted. The check in lady was obviously dismayed at having to work Christmas Day, and let it show towards me upon check in. The carpets in the rooms and hallways on the 19,20 & 21 floor are dirty, room carpets stained, all need replacing. I peeked at the side view bet. floor tile and side of frig, disgusting, and killed a roach on the hallway floor the 3rd day of my stay. ( I was in room 1970.) Toilet in front balcony bedroom was dirty, hair on shower walls, and dark hair strands on a bath towel. Checked behind dressers, filthy and dusty, even saw and picked up a bottle of dish liquid behind the bedroom dresser. Heaven only knows when they were cleaned behind last time! I have relayed this above info via an e mail from the resort, requesting me to complete a survey. Consider Camelot By The Sea, or Dayton House, heaven knows I am before I will book my trip for 2013!! I almost suspect Mr. Daniels may not be managing the hotel, or has too many responsibilities and have let the hotel go to pot..that's where the Paradise Tower seems to be heading! Not "Paradise" anymore for me, sad, so many wonderful visits with them in the past.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
BreakersGuestServ, Guest Relations Manager at The Breakers Resort, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
We are very sorry that your recent stay with us was not up to your expectations. You are a valued guest and your comments/review are very important to us. Our guests are encouraged to let us know how their visit was so we can continue to work with our managers/staff to help train them to have everything ready for our guests. That is why we send out the comment cards to our guests - we have received yours, reviewed the areas that you had concerns with, and you will be contacted shortly to discuss them. Thanks again for you valuable comments.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

The staff was very helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. The rooms were very spacious and had all the neccessary amenities. The ocean views were gorgeous to watch the sun rise and set each dsy of my trip. My first time at the resort and I woukd definitely recommend it to all my friends and family. Definitely will use again maybe for a summer getaway to try out the gorgeous pools. Thank you Breakers Resort for a wonderful weekend getaway.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Great place to go and relax. Staff is wonderful! Rooms are very clean. Great prices. Right on the beach. It makes me want to move here. Went during the perfect time of year. Very convenient to places. I will definitely be going back a lot more.

• Stayed October 2012
We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us! Myrtle Beach and our resort are a great plan for visits to the Ocean! Hope to see you again soon!

Been to The Breakers Resort? Share your experiences!