Breakers has been my favorite hotel for many years. I was coming alone here to write my novels in a peaceful environment. I was bringing my kids here for vacation. I met my husband and we spent our honeymoon here. Now, we are coming every year... because you are just the best.
My only complaint is the loud music in the breakfast room. Both at Papa's and at the North Tower the guests are forced to listen to radio stations that match the discos rather than a relaxing time we all are looking for in coming to the beach. Two years ago, when at Papa's the reception was kept by an older lady, the music was quiet, fine, deep in the background, therefore pleasing the visitors. When the old lady left, a young one took over changing the radio station and the volume. After severel times suffering with the noise we changed the breakfast restaurant. This year we have the same situation at the breakfast room at the North Tower. Both yesterday and today young men are handling the music. And it is loud and aggressive.
The guests I saw in the breakfast room are approximately between 50 and 85. Who - do you think - gets pleased by the disco music for breakfast?
You do not have to be a brain expert to know that a music taste varies from person to person like the food. It is not beneficial for Breakers business to force the guests to consume neither the food nor the music that they might not like.
Another thing, the hotel staff probably should have learned in the management school, is that one of the factors that distinguish a fine restaurant from the "less fine" is the volume and type of music. In a high class restaurant the music is soft and almost not to hear. You can improve the impression of a restaurant if you put the music in the back ground where it belongs.
I hope that the management of my favorite hotel will consider my review seriously for the benefit of both the hotel and the guests.
Mrs. Krys Pence
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a perfect oceanfront location, convenient central location, long-standing tradition of having only the finest staff and service, ultra-modern and varied accommodations and super-fun activities right on the grounds, The Breakers Resort is the perfect location for a family or golf vacation. Planning a meeting or wedding? Our oceanfront location is the ideal spot for your special event. The resort is within walking distance of the the Myrtle Beach Convention Center and a variety of restaurants and shops. Voted 2009 Best of the Beach - Overall Hotel the Breakers Resort has been a visitors' favorite for over 70 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Breakers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Resort Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel Myrtle Beach South Carolina
- Breakers Resort Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Breakers Hotel South Carolina