“Papas dining” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Clemmons, North Carolina
“Papas dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

We frequent Papas restaurant for breakfast which is part of the Breakers Resort. Over and over we consistently get great service and great food for a buffet. The managers Julie and Allison are very friendly with all. I l also noticed that a gentleman that was working the Buffet was extremely on top of his game. He kept the line stocked and while doing that he kept it spotless. I talked to him (Wendell) and told him how impressed with his work ethic. Everyone should check into this if they want a very good breakfast and have a variety of things to eat. If you would like something special made for you they will also take care of that. My wife always ask for an omelet and she is always satisfied. Once again great staff and very good food. The people staying at the Breakers get a discount but it is definitely worth regular price. I own a restaurant and appreciate people going the extra mile to make it pleasant for all.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (603)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

The employees and the paradise tower were great. We stayed the entire month of november. How ever, Their ad for snowbirds promised; Snowbird Activity Room, Food and Beverage discount card, Monthly Golf outing, Cooking w/ Executive Chef, Pot Luck Dinner, Bi-Weekly Bingo and wine & cheese reception. This was all a complete falsehood. I inquired at the desk and was told there wasn't enough of us to have this. I have sent two e-mails and they will not answer me. They should have made a rate adjustment or at least replied something. Local Mgmt. obviously doesn't care and I cannot find out how to go to their boss.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Fond Du Lac
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Not the newest property but a great value, great location and we experienced wonderful service, very friendly staff. We were there at the off season so it gave us the privacy we wanted. I know what a crowed place Myrtle Beach can be in the summer. Our accomodations were more than adequate and clean and housekeeping was wonderful. We ate one breakfast and couple of drinks at the lounge. Good service, friendly and adequate. It was cool but the weather cooperated and we saw beautiful sunrises each morning. With a good mood you may overlook things. Great value.

Room Tip: We were off season with a package that included air, car and The Breaker. At the time we went there...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Paintsville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Me and my family have been to the Breakers resort several times! When we go we stay at the paradise tower and it is always relaxing. Its clean and the view is amazing. The pools were great because there is so many of them! All i can say is that id you want an affordable hotel thats clean and affordable, stay at the Breakers Resort, Paradise Tower!

Room Tip: Its clean and great!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

i've been going to myrtle beach for a long time and stayed in many rooms over the years but this room was the best in my opinion. i stayed at the sea side building in the sea side ocean front roof top terrance room and it was wonderful it has a roof top terrace over looking the ocean it was as big as the room it self if not bigger. the room as great its self,but the terrace made the stay
i will be staying here again for sure.

Room Tip: seaside builing in the sea side ocean front terrace room was wonderful
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Pennslyvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

just getting around to writing a review. I took my family to the breakers resort and rented a deluxe queen suite at the boutique tower. This room was horrible, It was small and falling apart and to top it off the air conditioning would not lower the room temp below 78 degrees. Spent the first night misserable and spent the first full day with maintance working on the AC. They said it was repaired and I returned to the room to find it still was not operateing correctly. Went down and saw the night manager who was extremely helpful and we were move to a suite on the 19th floor and this room was amazing. If it would not have been for the helpful night manager I would have left the hotel that night. This was my first problem at the breakers and this was my third stay. I was dissapointed in the daylights response to my problems but they did go over and above when they did decide to resolve the problem. Having said this I have had a total of 5 different rooms at the breakers and I will now only go back if I can get a certain room (You can really tell a difference into the was certain condo owners take care of their rooms problems.) if not I think I will try the anderson.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Stevensville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

This was my first time at The Breakers Resort. The staff was friendly, courteous and helpful. The view from my balcony was spectacular.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to The Breakers Resort? Share your experiences!