“I was not impressed” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

You added Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Rates from $89
Ranked #17 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“I was not impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2005

How can begin... TO be fair, I'll say: My stay @ the Embassy Suites was just okay. The entrance of the property is quite impressive. Gated community, good security etc. In my opinion, this embassy suites is not of Hilton quality or standards. It's apparent that this hotel is pretty old, and although it's also clear that the hotel has been remodeled, but is one pays close attention to details(corners crown molding lobby elevators etc...) shows that extensive renovations are necessary. The elevators are horrible. They are dirty smelly & extremely slow. The elevators are so bad that they drop the hotel's standard to a 1 star seriously!!!!. My room smelled like mildew. I had my can of Lysol with me of course to spray the couch, bathroom & sheets. There were not enough towels & wash cloths, the ironing board was old, & had a dirty cloth, the hotel lobby was not impressive, old furniture etc. the restaurant needs to be remodeled. I was not impressed with the (so called made to order breakfast). It' s a self served buffet with the same items everyday. (Believe me I'm not a hard person to please, but for the price I expected more) Although, I must say that the waterpark is nice if you have kids, the manager's reception is okay, and the easy access to the beach were 3 good things about this hotel. Overall , for what you get this hotel is overpriced, and more renovations are needed @ the Embassy Suites. Let's face it we are talking about "THE EMBASSY SUITES". One expects a certain standards. NO I would not stay there again. Maybe I would entertain, the Brighton or the Margate towers, (other towers on the property)if only I could afford them. They are double the price of the embassy siutes. Do your research - save your money....

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

Attended a convention. There isn't any shuttle service from the airport. Taxi service was a minimum of $33 each way.

The room itself was lovely. However, there were just little things that were wrong. The shower liner was torn. There was a couch in the hallway that was torn. Several of my colleagues complained of other little things that should have been repaired or replaced in their rooms and were not. For example, the remote control was broken, the frig needed cleaning out and defrosting. At a luncheon the desert sat on the table during the entire luncheon. Generally isn't it served at the end of the meal? Also, a colleague asked for hot tea and was told they did not have it!

We received a convention rate for the rooms, but had I paid full price for my room, I wouldn't be quite so content.

I could not understand why there were folding chairs chained together on the beach, yet the guests could never use them. One must provide their own chairs or sit on a towel.

The beach and the grounds are lovely, and well kept. It was a joy to walk around the grounds, both day and night. Security seemed very good.

Over all, no I would not come back here. No doubt, there are many more resorts in the area, that for the money, provide a higher quality of service.

• Stayed September 2005, traveled on business
ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

We had a great time at the Embassy Suites. The kids loved the pools and water park. The room was clean, the maids were very helpful. The entire staff was very friendly. Best location on Myrtle Beach. We enjoyed the free drinks at happy hour and the breakfast with make your own waffles. We all would strongly recommend this hotel to any family, there are a lot of kids!

Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2005

My husband and I were leary of this hotel because it hadn't gotten great reviews in the past. We emailed the manager this past winter and were told that the hotel had been renovated this winter.
We had a great experience. Would definitely come to this hotel again!
The rooms were re-modeled and clean. Breakfast was great, it's better to come early than late.
It was crowded but this was in the heart of tourist season, so we expected a wait at the elevators, etc. The beach however, was not crowded at our hotel. The pools were wonderful and the kids had a great time.
Would highly recommend it.

Arlington, Va.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

I agree with the previous reviewer that Embassy Suites Kingston Plantation is a great vacation choice in Myrtle Beach. In fact I am an unabashed fan of this hotel and complex. We have two small children and are there for the water. With two swimming pools right at the hotel (and others throughout Kingston), hot tubs, a fantastic water park and the warm Atlantic Ocean, all within easy walking distance, you cannot go wrong! Breakfast is good, and like some others, we made a point of getting down by 815 am or so to avoid a wait. The on-site steak house is a good choice, if you don't want to drive to Barefoot Landing (preferred) or so-called Restaurant Row (a little tired). Our suite was recently renovated and had beautiful views of the water complex.

My only complaints (which keep me from giving this great hotel 5 stars) are:
--the manic scene at check in Sunday afternoon. I probably stood in line for a half hour and the bell hops could hardly control all the traffic coming in;
--lack of dishes and silverware in our room (you had to make a special request) and failure to put out clean glasses each day;
--there were no chairs on our balcony;
--a wierd quirk on my bills at the lobby Starbucks and the pool-area snack bar: they include a service charge of 15% or so but then leave an extra space for a "tip". Are they asking to be tipped twice, even when I'm standing on line?

Otherwise, my family and I really enjoyed this place. Given how much it has to offer, I choose to overlook these minor complaints. However, if Embassy could improve on some of the small details, they'd be running a top-of-the-line establishment.

SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2005

My family and I decided to take a mini vacation to Myrtle Beach. We have just moved to the area (about 2 hours away) and thought this would be a good introduction to M.B. I had extensively researched hotels and decided to give Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation a try. Upon arrival, our room was not ready, which was no surprise considering it was 3:00. Other guests were complaining that their rooms were not ready but the website and the letter they send to your home makes it very clear that check-in is not until 4:00.

I booked a deluxe king ocean front room. The room that we stayed in, 1116, had a great view of the ocean and great views of the many pools and children's water park. Several times I had to return to my room so that my two year old could nap. While she napped, I was able to sit on the balcony and watch my husband and five year old have a great time. It was wonderful!

The beach in front of this hotel was not very crowded. I was able to see the other beaches further down and they appeared to be much more crowded. This surprised me considering how lovely the beach was. The complimentary breakfast was decent. There were several things to choose from such as eggs, breakfast meats, cereal, danishes, fruit, waffles, breads, and of course, grits. Each morning, we arrived to eat about 8:00 and did not have to wait.

One afternoon we had lunch at Azalea's which is located just off of the lobby. The food was moderately priced and tasty. The service staff were very friendly.

Overall, my husband and I agreed that this was the most fun and relaxing trip that we have ever taken together. We have traveled all over the US and Europe and love the idea of having a little piece of paradise right in our own backyard!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2005

Our family (2 adults and 2 teens) stayed at the Embassy Suites in June 2005. First of all they have just completed a renovation of the property so it is much better than previous reviews had stated. We were fortunate to have the end room on the oceanside, so we had a wonderful view of the ocean and the waterpark. We had a balcony that opened from the living room and the master bedroom and then you had large windows in the bathrom that looked out onto the ocean. The room was very nice. Housekeeping was a problem because they did not want to give you clean glasses each morning when they cleaned your room. Our first morning there I tried to explain to the hispanic cleaning lady that we wanted clean drinking glasses for our room, she finally picked up a spray bottle and some dirty glasses off her cart, sprayed and wiped them and gave them to me, I think that is a health issue! I ended up going to the store and buying plastic disposable cups.
Forget trying to eat at the free buffet each morning unless you are an early bird and get there before 8:30 am, after that it is not worth fighting the crowds that line up almost the entire length of the lobby, they really need to try to figure out a way to crowd control at breakfast. This hotel is great for the families that have small children because the waterpark in right next to the hotel, downside to that is that everyone who stays in the Kingston Plantation can come and use the waterpark, they use the pools and they eat at breakfast too (I was told it was for Embassy guests only, but people from the surrounding condos would come in too). Too many people trying to fit into the area around the Embassy. There is only 3 elevators so you will always be waiting for them, when we were there we got stuck on the pool elevator, it took maintenance about 20 mins to get us out, that was not fun. Overall, it is a nice hotel, and if you don't mind people from all within Kingston Plantation hanging out at and around your hotel then you will enjoy yourself, personally, we will probably find another place next year that is not so crowded.

• Stayed June 2005

Been to Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!