“Very nice resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
Fall Rates from $99
Ranked #18 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Very nice resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Kingston Plantation is a very nice resort for families with kids. The pool area and waterpark are excellent. The villas are very spacious and quiet but, in my opinion, too far of a walk to the pools and beach with young kids and all their gear you need to carry. We actually rented a golf cart ($175 for the week) to drive around the resort area. Our villa in West Hyde Park was very spacious and fairly clean, but could've been cleaner--heavy dust in the corners of the rooms and closets, musty smell in the bathrooms. I'm somewhat picky though so it may not bother others. My biggest complaint about the resort is no free Wi-Fi. Everyone wants to posts pictures on Facebook, etc. and check their email while on vacation, and if you don't have an unlimited data plan, that can be a problem for you. They do have Wi-Fi available but it is $10/day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I give this hotel an average review. On the one hand, it is relatively clean, which is important. And the air conditioning is first-rate, which is practically my family's top priority. That said, the hotel is a bit rough around the edges and very dated. The food is horrible. Typically, Embassy Suites hotels offer a good breakfast, but the one here is not good at all. The toilet seat was broken before we got here - so obviously so that the maid can't possibly have missed it. The extra blanket (my son wanted to sleep on the sofa) was disgusting. None of these things is egregious enough to make the whole stay bad, but little things start to add up, leading me to give this property an "average" rating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Have stayed at this property several times in the past and this visit, like the rest, was wonderful. The villas offer a great value and comfortable stay for our family. Highly recommend and will definitely visit again.

Howell, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our third time staying there and we were disappointed this time. We were on the 3rd floor with a view of the condo's you can rent and the air conditioning vents. This is the second time we had to pay each day to park which is very frustrating. The sink was broken and the toilet looked and sounded like it would overflow each time we flushed. One day one of our towels had a huge hole in it. Another day the towels and washcloths were not neatly folded and just thrown there (not a huge deal but for the price they charge per night!) The beds were only full size and quite uncomfortable. I would have loved a drink by the pool but at $10.75 a drink I passed on that! The kids meals used to come in a cute sand bucket at the snack bar but that was done away with. The lobby renovation was nice but I didn't really like the breakfast. The line for the omelet station was always quite long (even thought we were there in the "yellow" time frame) and the buffet items were just ok. The pastry section and cereal selection was minimal and we missed the waffles they used to have. We didn't go to the pool much because it was wall to wall people in there. You really couldn't enjoy it. We stayed at the bucket pool but there were rarely chairs or shade there. At the beach, they discourage you from bringing your own umbrella and chairs by making you sit behind the line of ones to rent. The elevators have always been slow but this time they seemed worse, not sure why. It never bothered us in the past but this time it was very noticeable. I tried to go down the stairs once but each floor said no re entry. I never tried the other set after that. They also didn't put my bill under the door in the morning. I like to review it before I check out. I didn't receive my bill until after I checked out. So I had to quickly look it over before we left. I also thought we received a survey in the past and this time we didn't. I don't think we will go back there next time.

Parma, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am a huge fan of this hotel and have visited many times. The pool located between the hotel and Brighton tower has alway been crowded but you expected it since there are also several high rise condo towers wanting to use the pool. This year we noticed that they are using wristbands to control the population. I just would rather not have to wear a wristband to go swim in the pool. They were very lax on the wristbands luckily but it is uncomfortable to have to wear a wrist band to swim and wear it around all day. The renovation of the lobby was nice. I could not find the pamphlet rack by more but it's not a big deal and I just walked over to the Hilton and got some. My point is its got the free breakfast and evening booze but they are nearing being too restrictive and controlling of the guests. Used to be a easy four star but not anymore.

Room Tip: High floor, request in reservation comment box
Kingsport, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

I have stayed at several Embassy Suites hotels over the years. Typically, they are very clean with very good customer service. This one is the exception. My room had a locked safe and I couldn't put any valuables in it. I called the front desk within 15 minutes of arriving to my room and they promised to have someone there to open it within the hour. No one came. I called 5 times the first 2 days and each time, was told the same thing, with no one ever coming. No one came to change the 2 burned out bulbs either. Bathroom was dull with old faucets, clogged tub drain which took 20 minutes to drain after each shower, partially stopped up shower head, and a large spot of paint chipped off the wall. This room was $400 per night and I expected much better for that kind of money. Housekeeping didn't take out the full trashcan from my suite one day. The same 3 pizza boxes and Bud Lite lime cans were sitting on the table next to the elevator from Thursday afternoon until i checked out Sunday morning. The smell in the hallway on the bottom floor (below lobby) was sickening like soured or moldy carpet or walls. The lobby was not typical of Embassy Suites. No garden or courtyard. Only 3 elevators serve this very large building and it takes 20-25 minutes at times to get through the line to an elevator. The location is exceptional. It's not in the congested area of Myrtle Beach, but in a residential section.The waterpark was very nice and the pools were okay. Definitely the smallest pools I've ever seen at a resort. Breakfast was very good and selection was great. Manager's Reception every night was good too. Good drinks, bad snacks. I recommend using valet parking because it is very hard to find a place to park at any time of the day. They also won't allow you a luggage cart unless you pay the bellhop for his services. Overall, I was disappointed with this hotel. Several good things, but too many problems. I paid a lot for this vacation and had expectations which were not met.

• Stayed July 2013
Shenandoah Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Travelling with two teens, it's nice to have a separate room, one of the reasons we really like the Embassy Suites chain. The room had a balcony the gave a good view to both the pools and the ocean.

The pools are very nice, with a water park for smaller kids and a Lazy River for all ages. Throw some towels down early to reserve some chairs by the pool, and you can alternate between the pools and the ocean, only about 75 yards from the hotel. We could have stayed solely at the hotel and swam or sunbathed, but MYrtle Beach offers so many things to see we took several day trips and the hotels location meant everything was within 15-30 minutes by car

Parking cost $8.99/day but was easily accessible and well lit, with some shaded areas to park in as well.

The food in the hotel was very good, from omelettes made to order at breakfast or the buffet line, to the snack bar burgers and hot dogs, to the evening meals or coffee at the hotel restaurants. Yes there are cheaper options outside of the hotel, but overall the cost was not bad. We did walk 15 easy minutes down to Apache pier for fish baskets, delicious!

The whole family had a great week there, I recommend it to families.

Room Tip: Try to get a beachfront corner, and if you are a light sleeper get a room that is not facing the poo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!