“Very Nice and Better than our last stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

Save Saved
You added Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Rate
$159 Suites this Fall
Ranked #20 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Cary, North Carolina
“Very Nice and Better than our last stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We last stayed here during the renovation that was going on and we were very disappointed then. We decided to return in August because we come here every summer for our family beach week. We were a lot more satisfied than we were last time. The people at the front desk could have been nicer when checking us in; however, there was no real problem. We got there at about 2 and our room wasn't ready so they called us when it was. Our room was on a middle floor in the hotel which made going downstairs for breakfast in the morning take awhile. This hotel really needs more elevators with the amount of rooms and people there are during the summer. The breakfast buffet was really good. The only complaint is that the line for omelets was always long. Our room was nice however, the furniture and carpets are definitely beginning to show a lot of ware and tear from the number of people that visit. The rooms could definitely use some upgrading. The housekeeping people did an OK job cleaning the room. A few times they would only leave 3 towels or no towels which was annoying. However, the front desk was very quick when we called for towels once we told them we were HHonors Diamond. During our stay it rained almost every day and the hotel concierge was very good at recommending places to go in the rain. They were some of the nicest people we encountered during out stay. The pools and hot tubs stayed fairly clean while we were there and they never had a ton of sand in them. Overall, we had a good stay and likely will be back again.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor. It makes getting down the elevators a lot easier since they go to the top firs...
Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We have stayed here for the past 4 years usually twice a year. When we checked in on November 25th around 5:30p.m. the male desk clerk just asked for our name, gave us the room key, really didn't look at us. He was not very curteous at all. The oceanview suite was clean but had a musty odor. The wallpaper was peeling in the bathroom. There was dust in the bedroom on the brown cornice above the window which came from the vent that's located up high on the wall across from the cornice. The rate is good for the Fall but would not stay during summer peak season. The breakfast buffet is good but before you can get to your table the food is cold. The living room furniture needs to be cleaned or replaced due to stains.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I am sorry to hear that that you had a bad experience with our front desk staff. I can assure you that my main priority is for all our guests to feel welcome each time they come to visit us. I have personally spoken to our front desk staff to make sure this does not happen again. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us improve. In addition, I want to thank you for your feedback regarding the wallpaper in your bathroom and musty smell. I have made sure that housekeeping attend to this issue. Again, I thank you for your comments and I do apologize for any inconvenience you went through.
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have visited here many times and always enjoyed it even when the remodeling was going on. Was there for thanksgiving week and it seems to me that it has lost it's w(welcome home) sincerity. Ronald the best bellman in the country is the same with his gracious feeling of family and Amy the wait person in the costal grill has the same freindliness as well as a young black girl who is a college student from columbia. The problem with the front desk is they just seem to be intent on getting the job done and not as concerned with making u feel welcome.
We were there in Sept. and stayed in 2016 which is our favorite room but during our stay we had a driving rain that came under the sliding glass doors and the carpet was wet up to the bed as well as the couch in the other room. Maintence brought up a fan to dry and we never saw them again. Mentioned to front desk when I left and got no response. Not like the old Embassy....

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Villanova, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I find myself in a lot of chain hotels traveling on business (read my reviews!) and there's always a series of small errors that make the visit a chore. I'm happy to report that this Embassy Suites avoided those. It's a perfectly ordinary hotel, but the elevators are fast, the (included) breakfast quite yummy -- I recommend the custom-made omelet -- the staff perfectly professional, the suite-style rooms spacious, the room fridge functional. Basically, everything was as it was supposed to be.

Nitpick: I was charged $8.00 for parking. Now, I didn't have or register a car, and besides, we're talking surface lots in an open area here, not some inner city. I asked for, and got, this charge reversed, but I really hate getting charged by default for services I don't ask for.

(I didn't rate the value because the company paid and I don't know how much it cost.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently spent a couple of days at this hotel for a conference. The staff was very courteous and did their best to accomodate. The room was spacious and clean. They do offer breakfast, which is pretty good but is almost always packed. They also have several on site resturants. I ate at Coastal Grill. The service was good but, in terms of portion size and taste, the food could have been better. While this Embassy is relatively large, they do a great job of making you feel special as a guest. For business or pleasure, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: If you want breakfast, get there early!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a business meeting and decided to extend my time through the weekend. Prior to arriving, I had read some unfavorable reviews so I was apprehensive but hoped that I would find the hotel suitable. To say that the property exceeded expectations in an understatement!! My room was beautiful, well appointed, and clean and the staff in every area was top notch! From arrival to departure in every department the staff was friendly, helpful and professional. I can't wait to return and I highly recommend this property for business or pleasure!

Room Tip: Room 1702!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Spent a couple of days in a top floor corner oceanfront suite. Really great views and a fine dining restaurant on the premises - very unusual for Embassy Suites. Beach was in great shape and folks were swimming in late October. No complaints here!

Room Tip: The top floor corner oceanfront suites are spectacular. Go offseason for a good rate!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!