“This resort always amazes me!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort

You added Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort to your Saves list
Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   9800 Queensway Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572 (Formerly Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach at Kingston Plantation)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rates from $179/nt
Ranked #16 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Conway, SC
“This resort always amazes me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

I love to stay at this resort, the people that work there are always so observant and always give you a hello and a smile.
I would love to stay here at least one weekend once a month, but unfortunately I have to pay bills just like y’all. My husband and I decided on a last minute long weekend staycation. The weather predicted was going to be beautiful. We dodged the bullet with the last two hurricanes so was ripe and ready for a nice break.
It was wonderful with the managers reception and lot’s of dining options close by as well as the breakfast buffet in the mornings with many items to choose from. If you went hungry it was your own fault. This buffet does not have the omelet station, but you can order from the wait staff your made to order egg dish of course complimentary.
The beach is one of the nicer beaches around. Good walking up and down. Shopping is to die for. The Tanger outlet is just a shuttle bus away also close by many other stores including Wal Mart if you want to get some snacks.
Looking forward to going back maybe soon!!

Room Tip: You can upgrade if space is available for about $5.00 a night for and oceanfront room, but the ocean...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Austin, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

On a recent trip with my girlfriend for a seminar we stayed at the Embassy Suites at Kingston Plantation.

Plan was while she attended the seminar during the morning hours I could work online for the family business from our room.

Now while technically this was a Business trip for her we hoped to make it a nice couples trip for the both of us, something we don't get the chance for at home with our schedules.

While the room was nice enough for something as old as it is and we did have a decent view from the small balcony I was dismayed to find that 1. I had to pay extra for Wi-Fi service and 2. Shocked to find it was only available in the main lobby of the building.

Come on Hilton
The least you could manage for the prices you charge for rooms and amenities is to not have to make me work in the spartan furnishings of the building lobby with loud kids and dripping vacationers wandering through to get from the beach to their rooms.

Even Super 8 and Motel 6 have Wi-fi available in the comfort of your room at a fraction of what you wanted to charge.

Needless to say I got no work done but I enjoyed the trip despite the below fair Housekeeping service, shoddy dated furnishings and no Wi-fi.
Only saving grace was the nice pool and great ocean.

We only dined onsite once and being raised in a cattle growing area and now living in Texas I have to say I was highly disappointed in the quality of the meal at Omaha Steak House.

All in all if not for the sun,sand and warm ocean water this trip would have been a total waste.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear DLB53:

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us! I am sorry to hear that you encountered issues with the Wireless Internet in your room and that you had to go to the lobby to gain access. We provide a wireless signal throughout the hotel for all guests to access from their rooms or any where in the hotel. Our IT team has gone through the hotel to make sure all access points and signal strength is adequate on all floors.

We appreciate your business and the feedback. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Ralegh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

After being upgraded (diamond member) they gave us a corner room on the 19th floor. Very nice view. We like this hotel and return every year b/c it's a great family atmosphere and it has enough to do to keep the kiddos entertained all day. We love the two pools and hot tubs and we still like the water park (although my 13 year old has outgrown it).
Everybody was very kind to us and helped us have a memorable time. Yes, it is an older property, but they have done a great job of keeping it up to date.
How can you beat free coctails for mom and dad while the kiddos get a Shirley Temple and free breakfast buffet? Very good value for the money. And you don't have to leave the property for plenty of things to do. Just make sure you visit after the summer months.....
I'm sure when it's full - it is probably chaotic.....

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

Hotel rooms are showing their age. Although it is a non-smoking hotel, our room had just been smoked in and reeked of cigar smoke when we walked in. They reassigned our room. The free breakfast in the morning is great. The fact that you have to pay almost $10 day for internet and also pay $8 a day for parking is a rip-off. The parking is not even covered or adjacent to the hotel, just an open lot near the hotel. The access to the beach is super easy and one of the main reasons we stayed here. Overall, for the price you pay for rooms you should not have to pay extra for internet and parking. Even Holiday Inn does not charge that and their rooms costs way less.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
Dear, Phoenix77:

Thank you for staying at the Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach! I appreciate the feedback about your stay and have addressed the issue with the smell of smoke in your room upon arrival. We pride ourselves on great guest service and clean and comfortable surroundings and I apologize that you had to experience this.

I do hope that you will give us another opportunity when you come back to Myrtle Beach!

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011

My family including spouse and teens spent Easter weekend here. The drive in was nice, checking in was easy, people were friendly. Our room was great. Most rooms face up or down the beach and beachfront is a lot more. We could see the pools and the beach. elevators were quick also. the rooms were just what one exects at Embassy Suites. Don't get too excited about happy hour. We had to wait in lines of 10 deep to get a watered down drink. the free appetizer was a big bowl of dip (yuck) and some junky cracker chip to dip in it. It was so disgusting. Breakfast was really crowded also and food was just soso. I've had better at other Embassy. Go at off times. Pools and poolside service were good. Hot tubs always full. If you don't mind the rows of highrises at Myrtle Beach not too bad

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Dear vivianC:

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel and the excellent feedback. Even though Easter is a very busy time here at the beach there is no excuse for the presentation during our Evening Reception and the food at breakfast. I have addressed these concerns and I apologize for the inconvenience.

We appreciate your business and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you as our guest in the near future.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My wife, 17 year old daughter and I just stayed 5 nights. We really enjoyed our stay. Our room was clean, suited all our needs, and had a wonderful view for sunrises! The pool wasn't too crowded and the though it was windy a few days, the beach was great.
Breakfast good and the staff was welcoming. I book a round of golf at concierge, who was knowledgable and very helpful.
The nearby shopping and great restaurants were an extra bonus. We hadn't been to Myrtle Beach as a family, and this first (of many) trips was made very relaxing by staying at the Kingston Plantation Embassy Suites!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Sicklerville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at the Embassy Suite Myrtle Beach for 5 nights with my wife and 6 year old son. The stay was an award stay using Hilton Hhonors points.
ARRIVAL:
We arrived at around 3:45. They have a separate line for Hhonors check-in and homeowners ( Kingston Plantation). There was some kind of hold up in that Hhonors line so I went to the regular line. After about 5 minutes of waiting, an employee directed me to the information desk to check in there. Check-in was smooth and I was given a room on the 20th floor, which is the Hhonors floor. My Hilton Hhonors choice of beverage and salty snack (2 waters, Twix, Snickers, 2 Lays Potato Chip snack bags) was waiting in the room.
ROOM :
We had a 1 bedroom suite, with a king bed. There is also a sofa bed in the Living Room. The layout of the room is good, as the bathroom is between the living area and bedroom, with doors that can close off the bathroom from each of those rooms. So you can access at night without bothering someone in the other room. There is a balcony that can be accessed from the bedroom and living room. There is a small cocktail table, with 2 chairs on the balcony. The living area has a small table, with a wet bar area that had a mini fridge, sink and microwave. There is a safe in the bedroom closet. The TV's were flat panel and had PPV. The rooms definitely need updating as they are getting old and tired. Internet is available for $9.95 per day or $12.95 per day for 2 devices. My Internet was free for being an Hhonors Diamond member.
PROBLEMS:
We had a couple of small issues during our stay. When using the shower for the first time, the bathtub wouldn't drain. We called for maintenance, they responded within 10 minutes and unclogged the drain. On our second to last day, we had housekeeping service, but they didn't replace the tissues or shampoo. We called and someone brought the items within 15 minutes. One night while my son was going to the bathroom in the middle of the night, there was a cockroach in the bathroom. We killed it and didn't see any others for the remainder of our stay, but I didn't notify anyone about it.
PARKING:
One negative about this hotel is that they charge $7.99 plus tax per day for parking. This doesn't make sense, as it is on the Kingston Plantation and not in a city center or similar. This is charged even on reward stays. If you get back in the evening late, you have to sometimes find a parking space and park quite a distance from the hotel.
OTHER:
There are 2 pools and a splash park. The pools do get crowded, and there are "chair savers" that put towels on chairs to save them early in the day. They have upgraded the chairs around one of the pools to nice Tropitone chairs, rather than the vinyl slat chairs they used to have there and that are still by the other pool. The elevators can be slow and there doesn't seem to be enough of them, as there are 3. Many times the elevator was full going down and people had to wait for the next one. It is better to be on a higher floor, so you get an elevator before it fills on the way down. Breakfast is included and is a buffet, it can get very crowded later in the day.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
EmbassyMyrtle, Manager at Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Dear Fligster,

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide your feedback about your stay with us. We constantly strive to better our service and our product and the feedback we receive from our customers is very important.

We value your business and hope that you will give us another try when you return to Myrtle Beach. I also would very much like the opportunity to speak to if possible; you can reach me by dialing the hotel directly.

Regards,

Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach

Been to Embassy Suites Myrtle Beach-Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!