“Cancelled my reservation 2 weeks after I made it and 1 week before I was to arrive!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Cove Motel

Sea Cove Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Cove Motel
Save Saved
You added Sea Cove Motel to your Saves list
305 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-4045   |
Ranked #172 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Hickory, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

DO NOT MAKE A RESERVATION HERE! I received an email 2 weeks after making reservations for the weekend that my reservation had been cancelled due to over booking. Not only did they place blame on the attendant they did not offer to find me a place. How horrible said foreign exchange students had booked the whole place and they didn't realize. I would not ever make a reservation here or rent here they are obviously stupid and care nothing about the customers they serve. Now i have a sitter took days off and saved money to have no where to go!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
clover sc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

I went to get married at the beach in July of 2009 and I was 6 months pregnant at the time.We were getting married next to the peir just a short walk away from this hotel and thought it would be PERFECT since we had my fiancee, his sister and brother in-law and their 4 children,one of whom has c/p and is in a wheelchair.We rented this womans cottage seeing it on the internet and thought it was nice.My dream of a nice wedding and reception and all around vacation were shattered.When we called we asked her if it was okay for us to have a Small reception there for my wedding MAX of 25 people and they would only be there for a couple of hours and would not use the pool or anything.She agreed and said it would be perfectly fine.Soon after arriving a man was walking around not knowing he was her spy trying to find a reason to kick us out early since my mom was staying in the same hotle and overheard her saying that we needed to get out saturday night being as she double booked sunday knowing we wouldnt be out until mid day sunday and someone was scheduled to come in sunday morning(which my mother witnessed since she stayed her full stay since she had no children and it was just her and my step-father and they mad no noise and did nothing there but sleep)she yelled at my neice and nephew because they were making too much noise at the pool even though it was lik 2 in the afternoon so they had to eventually go play with their father on the beach since she yelled at them for being loud and playing in the gravel in front of the cottage that WE rented from her.their was plenty of parking at the hotel but she started telling people to park behind the cottage where we were and we heard cars pulling in and out and alarms all night.We werent there for 3 hours and there was a gang fight outside not even 100 feet away.(luckily we got there late and the children were asleep)>She saw me and my new husband coming back from our wedding and knew that now she could kick us out for having too many guests and could get her moneys worth from us and the other guest.She told my sister-in-law that we could no longer have the reception there and we had to make everyone leave,after she had told us that we could have it there before we even booked.She yelled at my grandmother who is 80 years old and called the cops to kick us out,who even told us that just because she pays taxes in Myrtle beach that they didnt care what we said that we had to get out and was our word versus hers and they couldnt dissagree with her.We payed almost 800 dollars to stay there for the weekend and didnt even get to stay for 24 hours!I didnt even get to enjoy my reception we had to hurry up and take pictures and throw everything away.She even had the nerve to charge my sister in laws cresit card for 150 dollars for cleaning fees even though we had cleaned up before we left and the floor was not even swept and vacuumed when we got there.She refused us a refund and kicked us out in the dirt.This woman deserves to be shut down and never have any contact with anyone she is soo rude and mean.I had to spend my honeymoon night in the car on the way home she had me soo upset that I cried for hours.I WAS PREGNANT FOR GODS SAKE AND WE HAD CHILDREN AND SHE JUST KICKED US OUT!!Dont stay here if you have children,more than two people,you plan on actually using the pool,or plan on talking any at all cause she will yell at you.God forbid if she double booked you will get thrown out for nothing.NO WAIT I TAKE IT BACK DONT STAY HERE AT ALL THIS PLACE IS CRAP.My mother even had a non smoking room and it smelled like straight up cigarette smoke and it was nasty and dirty!

Room Tip: None of these rooms are worth staying here!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011 via mobile

To make a long story short...the staff was rude and very lazy...the pool water was green and a mess...the staff was very nosey and disrespectful. They never wanted to clean up and when i spoke on it she got very nasty with me. She threatend to put me out because she gave my room key to someone without my permission and when i went to the front desk to approach her she felt that she did nothin wrong and told me if i want to keep complaining find another room, but with no refund...smdh...Overall it was not worth the money and the customer service SUCK!!!

• Stayed May 2011
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

My family and I had at great time the rooms were very spaces and clean. It's a peaceful place for a family. Over all its a value for the location.

• Stayed August 2011
Cheraw, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Very friendly staff!!! Rooms where very clean over all we had a great stay and will be back :)

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2010

I have stayed at his hotel numerous times. After reading the other reviews,I decided to make sure I leave a positive review. This is a quiet hotel for couples or small families. Helen is the manager and she does not mess around. If you hace come to the beach to have some fun and relax this is the place to stay. If you want to party and carry on or have a bunch of kids that act like maniacs, you should go some place else. The hotel is clean and we have never had any problems or seen any bugs and it is in a great location!You are able to sit on your balcony and watch the people and cars on Ocean Boulevard. For those customers who are disrespectful. loud, inconsiderate of others vacations or property or who want to drink and act like fools, you might want to consider another place. Otherwise this is a great place to spend your vacation. I would recomment it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We went to the beach for a family WEDDING. My neice and her family rented a cottage from Sea Cove. The first night there, there was a gang fight in front of the cottage. When my neice complained to the owner she did not even care. Then she constantly screamed at the kids in the pool so they had to play on the beach. Then she fussed about the kids playing in the gravel. Then she called me on my cellphone to scream at my neice about the kids that were at the cottage with there father. She constantly walked her dog around the cottage and we feel that she was spying. My neice informed her that her brother was getting married Saturday on the beach and then would be having a small non alcohol reception at the cottage with some other family that were staying at other hotels for the wedding. She said okay but that visitors could not play in the pool and that visitors could not stay late. All was good or so we thought. We were coming back from the wedding when the owner screamed at my 80 year old crippled mother to get off the property. She was not a tenant and all vistors were to leave immediately. Then to make matters worse, she called 911. Two police officers rode up on bicycles and she instructed them to evict my neice and her family. We did not have time to toast the new bride and groom or even cut the cake. We had to throw away over $200 worth of food in the trash because we had to leave that moment. She single handedly ruined this couples wedding reception. We will NEVER stay there again but will tell all of our friends/family so this never happens to anyone we personally know again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

Been to Sea Cove Motel? Share your experiences!