“Great Front Desk Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Credit per Night!
Ranked #80 of 215 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Sanford, North Carolina
“Great Front Desk Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I was there in the 1st week of Nov. 2013. I was help by a lady name Linda ? (Front Desk). She was soooo nice and very helpful. I also had a great room and the breakfast was very good. Tried the apple wood bacon on the menu. Yum Yum. Special Thanks for always helping out a VET. Thank You, Thank You Very Much. Rick Stone USMC : )

Room Tip: There a difference between ocean view and ocean front, Rm 819 very nice and facing the best side. Al...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed here as my first visit to Myrtle Beach. I was already leery about coming due to the TripAdvisor ratings and reports lol. So, I would rate this hotel as very very average. I feel like maybe 20 years ago this was an amazing hotel, but I am a jetsetter and I have seen some amazing hotels in my day and this is not impressive. It's probably an okay stay for modest families or people who live in the neighboring states. But if you're more of a sophisticated cosmopolitan this is not going to impress you in terms of look and feel of the hotel and the rooms.

Also the parking lot is far.

I found a GIANT roach in my bathroom. It's possible it was a giant waterbug. It was also a giant roach. On my first call to the hotel about the roach, there was no apology, just that tthey'd send someone up to take care of it. A man came in to clean it. He was hardly nice or compassionate about it. Or apologetic. He flushed it down the toilet, gave a very terse "sorry" and left. Still feeling upset about the whole ordeal I asked to be moved rooms and I was accommodated to another room down the hall. They were nice to me during this phase.

Valet and Guest Services were very nice to me otherwise. Tyler is a gem, and the only reason I did not rate this place any lower (I really want to!)

The food is overprices. Shrimp and Grits was $24.00. This was big city pricing, and def not worth the price for the type of accommodations I was in.

The rooms have nice views if you get the right room.

The pools and beach access looked nice. I didn't go out to the water though.

I thought the rooms were pretty roomy though, and the beds were comfortable.

Nothing was in walking distance really so you need a car to do anything off premises. With the far parking lot ($9/day) this makes you want to get valet even more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing more north. The ones that face south see mostly the neighboring buildings.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
West Columbia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The place was nice and clean and the staff was great however they shut off the air at night so it gets so hot in your room you can't sleep. The internet would keep kicking me off also every time I tried to log on.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Marblehead, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Great location, on the beach. Close to a golf course. Very helpful concierges. Within walking distance of the fishing pier. Two pools to choose from. Easy access to Rt 17 and all of it's shops. Had to pay a daily rate for parking our rental car.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Hilton always provides the best for our group. Would recommend them to everybody. We have a great history with Hilton and I hope that we will always use this facility for our fall conference. it great for our members, our families and the vendors associated with our group.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

There are much better options than this Hilton on the Strand. Bathrooms and rooms were from a 70s roadside motel. The pools were nice. Food at the bar needs a bit of help. Location is nice as well but with so many places down here staying here was a mistake.

• Stayed August 2013
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Bradley_nyc-

We appreciate your review regarding your August stay. As we continue to look towards refresh opportunities, we will certainly keep your comments in mind. Our guests are our top priority and ensuring that they're comfortable is a very important part of our operations. Thank you for your review and we hope we can invite you back to stay with us in Myrtle Beach.

Kind regards,

E.Silvestri
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

I am a Hilton Grand Vacation owner and a Hilton Honors rewards meber. This was not what I expected outof Hilton. The building looked like it may have been renovated as it looked old and dingy. My shower tile looked moldy. The wet bar had rotting wood inside the cabinet. The curtains were falling off the track and even though we had 2 different baconies the bedroom one did not have a working lock but the living room did. Each room had a seperate thermostate but they did not work for heat. The only choices was On Auto and Off. You could set the temp but no matter how high you set it the AC came on. I set it on 80 and it dropped from 69 to 62 and I turned it off and i came back up to 69. The bed was comfrtable and nice. The room was clea but had no Microwave to reheat left overs from room service. The waste baskets are so tiny you can get 2 soda bottles in it and it is full.

They had to take 2 rooms to make a 1 bedroom suite. So our room number brought us into the living room the next room number wasthe bedroom. I was not impressed compared to other Hilton resorts this was was lacking. The lobby looked awesome but who spends their nights in the lobby?

Now the on site resturant as a different story. Even thouht it lloked old and renovated the food was Awesome! Room service was awesome and the Italy Pizza was the best!!! Dinner was a Filet Mingon special with Crab stuffed Shrimp was out of this world delicious. This should be on the menu. :-)

The pools looked sandy and in need of cleaning. The outdoor bar was nice and clean and served great drinks. Access to the beach was easy but one of the showers to rinse sand off as broken. Hilton is not staying on top of needed repairs.

Bottom line this Hilton is over priced and you pay for parking. My next visit to Myrtle Beach at a Hilton will be at the Hampton Inn at Broadway at th Beach. That Hilton is much better than this so called resort. Oh yea the parking deck is a long walk to the building. Not easy at all and not cheap.

Room Tip: Go to the Hampton Inn or other HIlton hotel. If you stay here g with Ocean Front not Ocean View unl...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!