“Great view, location & staff. Shame about the decor” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $59
Ranked #78 of 214 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Great view, location & staff. Shame about the decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I went here for a conference and really liked my ocean view room with balcony. The staff were great and it's in a wonderful location. The only things I disliked were the fact that it was decorated in the early 90's (dated but good quality) and the conference food that was provided by the hotel was average at best and very repetitious. I'd still recommend this place for a vacation stay :)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton for 4 nights for a conference despite a substandard stay a few years ago. I was advised by the general manager that several improvements to the property had been made. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted by the front door staff and the front desk staff. All were very efficient and again friendly.

I had a room on the 5th that required me to walk on an external walkway. Not really a problem until it was rainy and windy. Not a nice start to the day.

The Room
The rooms appeared to have been renovated somewhat with new carpet and a few furnishings. The tiles in the shower could use replacement as a few were coming off the wall and there was some mildew stains on the tiles.
Most rooms have nice ocean views from their balconies. A true bonus.

The elevators
are really outdated and slow. I normally took the stairs.

The conference facilities
Are really great. Only complaint was that the men's washroom needed more attention. With a 90 percent male conference making sure the waste bins etc were emptied more often would have been appreciated. Food during the conference was good.

Bars and Restaurant
With a large group in house I once again found the bar hours ridiculous. The bar had last call at 11pm each night. They lost thousands of dollars in revenue to low end bars that welcomed hockey fans who wanted to see west coast games.

The pool bar and pool side service one day was extremely slow to non existent with what appeared to be only one server on and a bartender. The staff working on May 9th for lunch by the pool were very friendly. Food service however was slow.

The breakfast staff in the restaurant are great. Truly friendly people. The hostess is great and she treats kids like family. The food was okay and typically expensive? Bacon and eggs with juice was $26 including tax and tip. Will have a bagel from Starbucks next time.

Checkout
Watch out for extra charges. For the second time I was charge for parking when I didn't have a card. I wonder if parking is a default charge and if the front desk doesn't take it off you get the charge..The front desk clerk apologized and corrected it.

Housekeeping
I left my DND on during my stay so didn't have any cleaning done. Co-workers complained that their rooms were not cleaned each day. One co-worker had a two bedroom suite and one day the attendant only made on of the two beds and turned on dishwasher but didn't take away empty pizza boxes. A half effort overall.

If I wasn't on business I don't think I would stay in the hotel. The rooms in the condo that is attached are much nicer and the same cost with shared amenities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the condo or choose lower floors to avoid long elevator wait times when busy
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing such detailed feedback and allowing us the opportunity to pass on your comments to each department head. It's so nice to hear that you encountered our friendly and accommodating staff. I'm disappointed to hear about some of the cleanliness issues and know how important attention to detail is. We'll be sure to pay extra close attention to this as we improve our processes. We hope that you consider giving us another chance to serve you. Our staff will be waiting to greet you.

Kind regards,

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Even though there for conference had an excellent stay. Atmosphere and staff allowed total relaxation and excellent services. Bar hours inside should be extended when the out door areas are closed due to weather.

Niysha provided a very warm reception and provided any and all information upon check in at desk. Housekeeping staff did an excellent job to ensure rooms were taken care of in spite of the fact that most customers did not leave their rooms due to the weather.

Bell boys were most accommodating when needed and observed during various periods of the day with customers.

Room Tip: Paid for the higher floor and enjoyed the view
Bethlehem, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

The Hilton at Myrtle Beach is an excellent place to stay. The rooms are clean, the beds and pillows are very comfortable and the service is impeccable. The rooms have a very good view of the ocean as well as the many outside swimming pools that are available to guests. The gym are is very well equipped with everything you need for a great workout. With all that said that best part of this hotel is the restaurant. The food is EXCELLENT!!! The service is over the top. The only negative thing that I could say about my stay was I was there for work and my family wasn't with me. Next time I hope to go with my family so they can see and experience all of things that I have bragged about when staying at this hotel. Awesome Job!!!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Prestonsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a very nice, quiet stay in an un-crowded area at Myrtle beach. Beautiful building,grounds, and pools. There is NOT an indoor pool, however in the Hilton. The water park is also NOT in the Hilton. These are located in one of the other resorts that they will shuttle you to. We did not take advantage of this, however.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe ocean view on 12th floor. It was very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Ottawa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

First, Virginia (Front Desk Clerk) was incredibly friendly and helpful. That was much appreciated. The rooms were clean and self parking was easy. I found the housekeeping staff on the 9th floor to be less than friendly. The breakfast buffet was decent. Restaurant staff were very friendly. Scrambled eggs were gross (not cooked well, and mysteriously chunky in places). Access to the beach is easy, outdoor pool was decent. The gym on the property was small. The good gym is at the Kingston Plantation resort, which is a bit of hike to get to. The Shuttle service was very convenient. The rooms were lacking a bit of upkeep. For example our toilet did not appear to be secured to the floor properly. The beds were comfortable. There is however a significant whistling from the wind passing underneath the bedroom doors which takes some time to get used to. Overall it was okay. Not the best Hilton I've been to, but certainly not the worst.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager15, General Manager at Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
We're so glad to hear that you encountered several friendly staff members and we'll make sure to thank them all. I will personally thank Virginia for her commitment to serving our guests with an excellent smile and making you feel welcome.Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping service and unpleasant breakfast you had. We will certainly address your concerns with our team and hope you'll come back to see us. Virginia will be waiting to greet you.

Kind regards,

Summerville, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I generally assume that a hotel of the quality of Hilton would have free internet access. To pay $10/day is a slap in the face. There are too many other quality hotels in the Myrtle Beach area for me to settle for Hilton again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We know how many hotel options you have in Myrtle Beach and we appreciate that you chose to stay with us and share your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guest rooms. We hope you will consider staying with us again.

Warm regards,

Eugene Silvestri

Been to Hilton Myrtle Beach Resort? Share your experiences!