“Repeat Guest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Serendipity Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Myrtle Beach
Serendipity Inn
You added Serendipity Inn to your Saves list
407 71st Avenue North, Myrtle Beach, SC 29572   |
Ranked #1 of 8 Myrtle Beach B&B and Inns
Morganton, North Carolina
“Repeat Guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our third stay at the Serendipity Inn and each visit has been a wonderful experience. Phil is the most accommodating host and will do whatever is needed to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Each of our three visits have been extended an extra day or two because of the simple TLC he provides from the comfortable rooms, to the hot delicious breakfast provided each morning. The beautiful beach, clean inviting pool & hot tub, and multiple other Myrtle Beach activities which are all within a short walking/driving distance are available. Ample parking is avilable when you arrive and you will never have to worry about not finding a empty lounge chair around the beautifully landscaped pool to soak up the warm SC sunshine. Probably the best thing about the Serendipity Inn is how Phil makes you feel like you are the only quest he has staying at the Inn by being readily available to provide you with things like room necessities or just to chat. We plan on staying at the Serendipity Inn as often as possible when visiting Myrtle Beach.

Thanks Phil,

Will & Sheila

Room Tip: Several rooms have a kitchenette, so large families may want to choose these for extra space and com...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I travel very frequently with my job. Usually, I am in a Holiday Inn Express, Fairfield, etc. Staying here was a delightful break from the norm. Having a hot, home-cooked casserole every morning was a treat. Fresh fruit, a sweat-bread of some kind, yogurt, oj and coffee. Was there a huge spread, no. Remember, this is a BnB-type hotel, so one should not expect such. I walked away feeling like I had eaten at home.

My room was decorated with antiques. Sheets and towels clean. I even liked having that black wash cloth for my make-up. Shower was small, but so what. I wasn't in there for long.

The outside of the hotel was very clean with lots of beautiful potted flowers. I'm into gardening, so I enjoyed the many pots and garden-type atmosphere. I did not use their pool or hot tub. It was close enough to walk to the beach. And there were lots of places within the area to eat. (I did have a car.)

The owner makes himself available to anything you might need. He's friendly and wants you to enjoy your stay. The rates at this time of year, were unbelievable.

If I were going back to Myrtle Beach, I would stay here, again. Those huge, commercial monsters on the beach are OK, but I really enjoyed the smaller atmosphere with individual attention. Thanks, Phil.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed one night.Was waiting for my family to arrive so that we could move on to a house that we rented for a few weeks. Easy to find and in good location. Was pleasantly surprised by the decor and the service. Phil is a nice person and runs a great hotel. Nice change of pace. I am a very critical judge of hotels and would give this one a very high rating. Great value for the money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
DeSoto Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time staying at Myrtle Beach and we stayed just the weekend. This got high marks and appeared to be a great value...both are true at the Serendipity Inn. The location is great for hanging out at the beach and just a quick 10 minute drive to downtown where the skywheel, boardwalk, etc is.
We found the service to be very good, well organized and every detail from books to read to climbing flowers kept in prestine shape. I believe it is a married couple running it.
The breakfast was hot and fresh and gooooooood. Every detail wonderfully placed and maintained so that each guest feels important.
Quit reading and call Phil, you won't be sorry.

• Stayed August 2012
Milan, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is a fantastic place -5th time going there- not just a bed and breakfast, but an at home set up. easy walking to golf, ocean and restaurants. fantastic -- we loved it-especially the room overlookng the pool on the first floor. We could watch the kids without going outside.

Room Tip: we loved it-especially the room overlookng the pool on the first floor. We could watch the kids with...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I am in the hotel industry and very particular about my hospitality stays. I was pleasantly surprised by what Serendipty has to offer and thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this very quaint and persoanlized Inn. It is a great value for your money, clean, great location and just three blocks from the beach. Phil is the finishing touch with his personlity and the very nice Breakfast every day. There is even a pool and hot tub if you do not care to be in the hustle and bustle of the beach.

I would reccommend this property to anyone who wanted to have a a different type of stay from a run of the mill hotel. I will certainly return on my next visit to Myrtle Beach.

Tom & Lawan Rudd

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

In my room right now called NewYork Newyork.This is a great little B&B.

Room Tip: NewYork New York over looks the pool
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Serendipity Inn? Share your experiences!